K2style36

macOS
Mobo
z390 Gigabyte Gaming SLI
CPU
Intel 8700
GPU
N/A
Good Morning, just had a question on if the current components I've selected would be a compatible match for building a Hackintosh. I have an Intel 8700 non k version, z390 Gigabyte gaming sli and 16Gb of Corsair ddr4 3200 so far almost have everything ready and someone told me you know you can build a mac with that stuff and I got excited and just wanted to see if this is indeed possible. I was originally going to replace an older mini with a windows version, but if I can stay in the Mac world that would be great. Thanks again for helping a noob.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
From the information provided, yes the someone who told you you could create a Hackintosh is correct. The components you have mentioned would lend themselves to creating a Hackintosh PC. The Hack once fully configured should be able to run macOS and Windows if required.

There is a bit of a learning curve to undertaking this task, so I would advise you to read a number of guides that use the same or very similar components as you have selected. This will highlight any issues that others have faced and if you are lucky show you how to get over the issue.

Latest posts