macOS
Mobo
NB Toshiba Satellite L850
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS Catalina on my notebook, Toshiba Satellite L850-16V, its BIOS is EFI / Legacy, unfortunately not UEFI.

I created usb using Clover with some settings i tried, but it doesn't work, I tried also with Hackintosher default EFI.

Actually I have High Sierra, here is my EFI folder, I had to inject the GPU and added kexts for battery and Ethernet/Wifi.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JKzqF5Ag4m_qyXsg4jgzxR_wrqFk3H97

CPU: i5-3210M
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Thank you.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I’ll have a look at this tomorrow but you may be setting your sights too high installing Catalina. High Sierra may be the upper limit for your old laptop.

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
I’ll have a look at this tomorrow but you may be setting your sights too high installing Catalina. High Sierra may be the upper limit for your old laptop.
Thank you, why do you think it? I remember I had to inject my GPU into config.plist, because it would use the integrated one.
I know it's old, but actually I can't change it, unfortunately.
I will wait, thank you, you're very kind.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
My mistake, you have an Ivy Bridge CPU with HD 4000 IGPU, which is the cut off point for graphics capable of running macOS Catalina. So you can proceed wiht the installation of Catalina.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. I have made a few changes:
  • I have added a couple of SSDT's to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • I have changed the drivers64 & drivers64UEFI folder contents.
  • I have changed some of the kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  • I have added a number of DSDT/SSDT fixes
  • I have changed the ACPI fixes.
  • I have set GeneratePStates and CStates as True
  • I have changed a number of boot arguments
  • I have removed all the properties and entries related to the AMD GPU.
  • I have added USB port limit patches for Catalina.
  • I have changed the SMBIOS to Macbook Pro 9.2, as this system has the same CPU as your laptop.
  • I checked the new serial number with EveryMac and Apple support, so it should be good for iMessage etc.
  • I used teh new Serial Board Number to populate the MLB option.
  • I generated a ROM code based on the new SMBIOS.
  • Probably a few other changes I can't recall.
Try this Folder as a Whole in place of the one you are currently using.

Let me know how you get on with this folder, or not as the case may be.

Attachments

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Wow, thank you, big work!

I tried it but I think the clover version is too old, 4243. So it cant recognize Catalina.

I tried to move files and config.plist on a new Clover setup here, I left only CLOVERX64.efi. It launches correctly the installer. But after it, I cant boot from USB, the system can't find a bootable disk, I think I'm doing something wrong moving files on the new clover installation, maybe also because i copied all but the CLOVERX64.efi, maybe there's some wrong link. I linked the CLOVER folder here.

The GPU was not injected during install.

Thank you.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have moved the files to the correct folders. I have replaced the contents of the /CLOVER/drivers/Bios and /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folders wiht the correct efi drivers.

Try this with the newer version of Clover it should boot OK.

Attachments

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Nothing, i've just tried. It's strange because the installer is booting from the usb key, but after it doesn't work. Should I use clover 2.4k or 2.5?
I tried to use the key on a disk with windows without clover installed, it doesn't work, so there's some link with the installed clover

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Use Clover 2.5k installed on a USB2 pen drive.

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
That was what i tried, but on a 3.0 USB on 2.0 port. Without Clover on HDD the key doesn't boot. I cant'understand why. I did other tests reinstalling clover or installing windows but nothing, it doesn't work. Is there something on config.plist which could link to hdd .efis or executables?

Last edited:

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
In some hour I will try to create a clear clover and I will try to boot it with windows installed on disk, to see if works. Or I will try a USB 2.0 key.

I will keep you informed. Thank you

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Now it works! I installed clover with boot0af in the MBR, and then I copied your folder. But there are something which is not working, like wifi and GPU. I also can't mount EFI partition using clover configurator. I can't see codes I injected in the older version of clover. How can I do? Thank you

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I don't know, because I don't fully understand what you have done.

If you have installed Clover in Legacy Mode, the EFI folder may not be in the EFI partition. It may be located on the Root of your macOS drive. Have a look for it there.

You do not need to use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI Partition, if the EFI folder is on the Root of the drive. It will be accessible as if it were a normal Folder. But everytime you make a change to the contents of the EFI folder you will be asked to provide your password, to verify your right to make the change(s).

Post a copy of the Bootlog.txt so I can see what is happening when you boot.

Which WiFi card are you using? - provide make and model number.
Is it a WiFi/Bluetooth combo card?

GPU may require a tweak to the APPL,ig-platform-id to work correctly.

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Wifi is Qualcomm Atheros AR9485. Bluetooth is working, audio is not working, I try installing some kext using Multibeast, but without success.

I got the GPU working injecting EDID, but it shows only 1GB of ram of GPU, but it has 2 GB, it isn't so smooth.

Here is the CLOVER with the config.plist and the dmesg.

The click touching trackpad, doesn't work.

EDIT: I get wifi working, but it's very slow, about 5mbps, I have a 100mpbs connection. Second Clover attached. (I followed this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzzgLZgDGi8
, i added 3 kexts in Clover). The pc is still so slow, i think there is some problem with cpu management or something like that.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
So working with your CLOVER_wifiOK folder I have made the following changes:
  1. Deleted /CLOVER/kexts/Other - AtherosWiFiInjector.kext
  2. Added /CLOVER/kexts/Other - AirPortAtheros40.kext (kext removed from Mojave & Catalina, if you are running High Sierra you may not need this kext)
  3. Added /CLOVER/kexts/Other - ATH9KInjector.kext (Lilu.kext plugin for your wifi card)
  4. Added -ath9485 boot argument to config.plist (required for your Atheros wifi card to work with the ATH9KInjector.kext)
  5. Added Audio Layout ID = 13 to config.plist (common Audio layout ID for laptops, see if it works with yours)
  6. Added Generate Options APSN and APLF=true in config.plist, this may improve your CPU power management.
I have not changed anything else in the attached folder.

Try this CLOVER folder and see if your Audio and WiFi/BT starts working (better).

Remember to check that your internal speakers are selected as the sound source in System Preferences > Sound > Output tab.

If the audio is not working after trying this config, you will need to confirm the audio codec your Toshiba laptop uses. To do this you need to look at the Audio Tab from Hackintool. If you can post a screenshot of that tab, with the window expanded (dragged) so all the text is visible that would be helpful.

If the CPU Power Management (CPUPM) does not improve with these two Generate options added to the config, then you will have to generate an SSDT.aml for your CPUPM. This is done using PikeR Alpha's Terminal script.

Rehabman has created a guide showing how to generate a PM SSDT for laptops, if you follow it your laptop will work better- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Attachments

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Thank you very much. Audio is not working (i checked settings), so I will post here the screenshot. I will generate tomorrow the SSDT for my pc. Thank you, you are very kind!

System report is still showing 1024MB VRAM of the GPU, it should be 2048.

WiFi is still slow, if can help, the system think signal is poor (1 line in the icon). So maybe there's a problem with the power the system give to the antenna (I could be wrong).

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your laptop uses the Realtek ALC268 audio codec.

You need to try each of these Layout ID's to see which works with your system.

0x100004, 0x100100, 0x100202, 0x100203 layout 1-11, 13-21, 27-33, 35, 40, 45, 55, 58, 66, 76, 88, 93, 99, 100, 127, 188

As you can see this is frequently used audio codec, so there are a large number of Layout ID's. All of these Layout ID's have been included in AppleALC.kext. So you will need to perservere.

Unfortuantely there is no easy way to find the right ID, other than trying each of them in your config.plist.

Igor16

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i5-3210M
GPU
Radeon HD 7670M
Thank you, you have been very kind. But I think I leave, because GPU is still not working well and it's long to try for audio. CPU now seems working.
I maybe will ask you for a new notebook to choose. Thank you, you have been so kind.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, your choice. Best of luck.

Latest posts