jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Intel(R) UHD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design
Im trying to ejecute the hackintosh in my aero gigabyte 15 oled laptop, I have the last version of open core and Im using big sur, it runs well however it does not recoginze my intel graphic card, I tryied to fix with everything however nothing works (Open core install gide not works, I used hackintool looking for some framebuffer but is also not working.. etc)..., is stuck at 31 MB and the animation works with lag so I dont know what to do, any idea?

here are my device data:

• CPU: OctalCore Intel Core i7-10875H, 2300 MHz (23 x 100)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AERO 15 WB
  • Device name: Aero gigabyte 15 oled
  • chipset: Intel Comet Point-H HM470, Intel Comet Lake-H
  • 1 Graphic card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
  • 2 Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design (8 GB)
  • Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC255 @ Intel Comet Point-H PCH
  • network adapter: Killer E2600 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Disable the Nvidia graphics card by add -wegnoegpu boot argument in your confi.plist.

The system reporting 31mb is from the Nvidia card, not your IGPU.

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
thanks for your replie, I added that entry in my config (keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 -wegnoegpu igfxmetal=1) , however is still not working.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Why are you using the igfxmetal=1 boot argument, you shouldn't need to force metal support as your IGPU will be used as the main GPU and it supports Metal.

The AAPL,ig-platform-id needs to be pair byte swapped, i.e. 3EA50009 needs to be entered as 0900A53E for the Intel Framebuffer to work.

You have an awful lot of SSDT's are you sure you need them all?

You have both the Intel and Broadcom Bluetooth kexts being injected. You have an Intel WiFi card so I assume the Bluetooth is also Intel. You can therefore remove the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
ou, okey I put off gfxmetal=1 and the different Brcm kexk and I change 3EA50009 to 0900A53E, however, when I change 3EA50009 to 0900A53E, I found new errors that I havent before, for example now open core is tell me that , "Prelink injection AirportItlwm.kext () - Invalid Parameter"

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The OpenCore message is not related to the Intel iGPU framebuffer. It is related to the Intel WIFi card.

The config.plist you attached above in post #5 has the incorrectly set IGPU framebuffer. It also contains the Broadcom Bluetooth kext entries and the igfxmetal=1 boot argument. Is this the config.plist from post #3?

I have removed the Broadcom kext entries and corrected the framebuffer in the config.plist attached below. I have also removed the igfxmetal=1 boot argument plus some redundant placeholder entries that your system doesn't use, which should make it easier to read.

You have added the SSDT-HPET.aml to your /OC/ACPI folder and have an entry for it in the config.plist but you have not added the OC rename patches that come with the SSDT and are required for the SSDT to work.

You should look at your SSDTTime Results folder (if you have one) and add the three patches to the ACPI > Patches section of your config.plist. The Three patches will be in a patches_OC.plist.

You need to remove the two existing disabled (placeholder) Patches, shown in the screenshot below and add the three SSDT-HPET.aml patches in their place.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 17.33.03.png remove these patches and replace with SSDT-HPET patches

Attachments

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
okey, really thanks for give me your time, I delete the patches that you told me, and I added the tree patch that I get it from SDTTime ( I didnt know that I had to do that part, yea im a noob with hackintosh, may be I put wrong secuences?) as you can see in the image, however I still getting the same intel card problem, I mean "Prelink injection AirportItlwm.kext () - Invalid Parameter", "Prelink injection VoodooI2C.kext () - Invalid Parameter", "Prelink injection VoodooI2CHID.kext () - Invalid Parameter"

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
All those errors are related to the following:
  • Intel WiFi - Prelink injection AirportItlwm.kext () - Invalid Parameter
This may be caused by the Itlwm.kext and AirportItlwm.kext not being injected one after the other. It could also be they are not a matched pair, i.e. kexts from different versions.

These two kext are separated in the Kernel > Add section of your config.plist. While the Intel Bluetooth firmware kext is set immediately after the AirportItlwm.kext in the order of kexts.

You might be better served removing these three kexts until you have installed macOS. Once you have your laptop running Catalina or Big Sur, then see about getting the WiFi and Bluetooth working.
  • Keyboard/Trackpad/Mouse - Prelink injection VoodooI2C.kext () - Invalid Parameter, Prelink injection VoodooI2CHID.kext () - Invalid Parameter
You may need to try booting your laptop with just the VoodooPS2.Controller or after adding an additional kext for the VoodooI2C setup, one that matches the manufacturer of the trackpad in your laptop.

These are the kexts that are downloaded with the latest version of VoodooI2C (v 2.6.5):

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 18.52.48.png

As you can see VoodooPS2Controller is not among them. But there are kexts for Synaptics, AtmelMXT, CFTE and ELAN trackpad devices.

Do you know the make of your Trackpad/mouse, i.e. Synaptic, Elan or other? Do you have a Windows drive in the laptop that you can interrogate to see which make they are? You would need to look in Device Manager > Mouse/Trackpad > Drivers and possibly the sub-properties details tab to confirm this.

I do not believe the VoodooI2C kexts are supposed to work with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

These three errors are definitely not graphics related.

The three SSDT-HPET rename patches look fine.

I have just realised you have an SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml in your setup, which would be set to disable your Discrete GPU (Nvidia GPU) as well as the -wegnoegpu boot argument. You shouldn't need both. If you haven't customised the SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml to match the ACPI address of your Nvidia Graphics Card, then I would recommend removing the SSDT and the associated config.plist entry for this SSDT. If it has the wrong ACPI address then it will not do what it is supposed to do.

You have an SSDT-UIAC.aml (custom Configuration for your USB ports) along with USBInjectAll.kext in your setup, but you also have Kernel > Quirk > XhciPortLimit set as True in your config.plist. The quirk should be set to false if you have a custom config for your USB ports.

The version of USBInjectAll.kext needs to be v0.7.7 in order for it to recognise your USB controller. Have you checked which version you are using?

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
okey , I think we are reachend the end of everything, I removed these sections from the config file:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • Itlwm.kext
  • VoodooI2C
  • intel Bluetooth firmware kext
  • VoodooI2CHID.kext
  • SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml
  • USBInjectAll.kext
And I tried to run the hackintosh, at first, everything looks normal but finally is stuck in the apple logo, because I dont have any error reported from open core I added -v in order to see where is stopping and may be, I will know what is making an error, I get a lot of differente letters and im not sure what is provoking, you can see in the image below.May be "acpi error method parse/execution failed"is the error to solve it?
I think if we solve this the hackintosh will works.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
Just joined the forum after searching and happened to find this thread... I'm attempting to OC this exact same laptop, and trying to solve the 31 mb issue (not going well thus far).

Where do you stand right now? I haven't bothered trying to get anything else working (swapped to broadcom wifi at least for now, so wifi works natively- ie no intel card) otherwise our setups probably the same.

EDIT: I just peeked at your latest config.plist - looks like you have the port and framebuffers in there, did you get this working? Its late... I shouldn't try it now... but i might or maybe tomorrow

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@jojoji54 Those errors are all related to your battery patching, entries for the _BIF and _BST sections in your DSDT.aml.

You have an SSDT-BATT.aml in your setup, this might be causing the ACPI errors in the screenshot you posted above.

You also have SMCBatteryManager.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder. This is known to cause issues if the EmbeddedControl entries (_BIF & _BST) in the DSDT.aml have not been patched correctly.

As I don't know which is causing the error you probably need to remove both, from their respective folder and disable them or remove them from your config.plist. See if the laptop boots without the SSDT and kext.

If it doesn't work try adding just the SSDT back in to your setup.

If that doesn't work remove the SSDT again, and try adding just the Kext back in to your setup.

Hopefully one of these three alternative setups will get you past these ACPI Battery errors.

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Just joined the forum after searching and happened to find this thread... I'm attempting to OC this exact same laptop, and trying to solve the 31 mb issue (not going well thus far).

Where do you stand right now? I haven't bothered trying to get anything else working (swapped to broadcom wifi at least for now, so wifi works natively- ie no intel card) otherwise our setups probably the same.

EDIT: I just peeked at your latest config.plist - looks like you have the port and framebuffers in there, did you get this working? Its late... I shouldn't try it now... but i might or maybe tomorrow

I finally decide to contact with some hackintosh expert in order to install from zero the proper files (they tell me that in our device everything must work except , hdmi, card reader, airdrop and obviously the nvidia graphics) . In my first config file, wifi works perfect, however I cant test anything more because the device is too much laggy for me, I stuck in the last config and I coudnt do anything else.

However I test other alternatives, for example, I found the razer blade 17 pro github EFI files , that is a device with the very similar expecifications (may be it has diferent motherboard) of our devices, you can try to test with that EFI files and may be you can get in order to work.

Also, the ports of the last config gave me some issues so I decide to remove it, and I test diffferent framebuffers but no one works for me, so best luck for you

EDIT: I also throught that may be I had too much drivers , kexk files... so I tried to re edit the config file whit the gideline of open core guide , however that also not help me, Im pretty frustated about it, any way, tomorrow they will install the hakintosh files for me so....

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
@jojoji54 Those errors are all related to your battery patching, entries for the _BIF and _BST sections in your DSDT.aml.

You have an SSDT-BATT.aml in your setup, this might be causing the ACPI errors in the screenshot you posted above.

You also have SMCBatteryManager.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder. This is known to cause issues if the EmbeddedControl entries (_BIF & _BST) in the DSDT.aml have not been patched correctly.

As I don't know which is causing the error you probably need to remove both, from their respective folder and disable them or remove them from your config.plist. See if the laptop boots without the SSDT and kext.

If it doesn't work try adding just the SSDT back in to your setup.

If that doesn't work remove the SSDT again, and try adding just the Kext back in to your setup.

Hopefully one of these three alternative setups will get you past these ACPI Battery errors.

Thanks again for you advice I will check it at least.

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
So you haven't solved the 31MB issue i.e. no iGPU accelleration, correct?

I tried copying just your device properties section, but this results in a free during OC loading on my otherwise working config.plist.

I haven't been able to figure out the secret recipe to get iGPU acceleration, either. I'm begining to consider hacking the BIOs. I found thread for our laptops where some people smarter than myself have hacked the BIOS to unlock all of the hidden/restricted options. (Haven't attempted this yet myself, need to check a few things, it's a bit of a process and can brick your laptop if you mess up.)

But the point of hacking the bios to get the extended options would be to set the DVMT / Vram for the iGPU to 64mb (instead of it's presumably 32mb default). My understanding, which could be flawed, is that this would make some of the framebuffering no longer needed, and might be able to use just platform-id and device-id. I think parts of the issue with this set up is that the framebuffer / stolenmem needs to be exactly perfect.

Let me know what you find from the 'experts'.
My advice- fwiw- would be to take one issue at a time- the acceleration is the hardest issue which is why I've got just a stripped down basic config.plist that boots fine. And then I'm working exclusively on trying to solve the GPU issues. This way, you massively reduce the variables that are causing issues. It s ounds like you're trying to solve everything at once, which is going to make it a lot harder to diagnose where things are going wrong.

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
So you haven't solved the 31MB issue i.e. no iGPU accelleration, correct?

I tried copying just your device properties section, but this results in a free during OC loading on my otherwise working config.plist.

I haven't been able to figure out the secret recipe to get iGPU acceleration, either. I'm begining to consider hacking the BIOs. I found thread for our laptops where some people smarter than myself have hacked the BIOS to unlock all of the hidden/restricted options. (Haven't attempted this yet myself, need to check a few things, it's a bit of a process and can brick your laptop if you mess up.)

But the point of hacking the bios to get the extended options would be to set the DVMT / Vram for the iGPU to 64mb (instead of it's presumably 32mb default). My understanding, which could be flawed, is that this would make some of the framebuffering no longer needed, and might be able to use just platform-id and device-id. I think parts of the issue with this set up is that the framebuffer / stolenmem needs to be exactly perfect.

Let me know what you find from the 'experts'.
My advice- fwiw- would be to take one issue at a time- the acceleration is the hardest issue which is why I've got just a stripped down basic config.plist that boots fine. And then I'm working exclusively on trying to solve the GPU issues. This way, you massively reduce the variables that are causing issues. It s ounds like you're trying to solve everything at once, which is going to make it a lot harder to diagnose where things are going wrong.
with the expert I finally been able to get the hackintosh in our device, the problem was as you presuming in the BIOS, is necesary to change the DVMT so, they changeme that part of the bios usin RU.efi, after that, I installed mac os whihout any problem, here you can see an image where the mac os works perfect.

Thanks all for you helps

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
with the expert I finally been able to get the hackintosh in our device, the problem was as you presuming in the BIOS, is necesary to change the DVMT so, they changeme that part of the bios usin RU.efi, after that, I installed mac os whihout any problem, here you can see an image where the mac os works perfect.

Thanks all for you helps
Whoa! GPU accel!

Could you please elaborate on the changes required and share your EFI folder so that we can create a thread/tutorial to get Hackintosh working with the Aero 15 Oled? You hacked the bios it sounds like? Please please pretty please help a brother out here- <3

EDIT: Or if you're unsure, it you can put my in touch with whoever helped you...

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Whoa! GPU accel!

Could you please elaborate on the changes required and share your EFI folder so that we can create a thread/tutorial to get Hackintosh working with the Aero 15 Oled? You hacked the bios it sounds like? Please please pretty please help a brother out here- <3
Sure, As I told you , in order to make work the hackintosh you need on one hand aN usb with the mac os installer and on the other hand an USB with RU.efi for change some variables (this part is very had if you dont know anything about it and is the most important).

start your device using the USB with the RU.efi, then you are going to see a shell where you have to go to the RU file using terminal command, tthere are some guidelines on internet, after that you are able to enter into a rudimemntary interface of your device. So you have to go to UEFI varaibles that are in one of the menus of the interface. In UEFI Varaiables navigate to sasetup, click enter, and you will see a table with some decimals parameters.

navigate to the las one 0x00f0 and change the firs 01 value to 02 and the 02 value to 03 ( I know that you dont understanme what im saying but it willl make sanse if you have RU.efi in your face)

After that, saves the changes and tryto install the macos, it should work.

As you can see, is not very easy , so, good luck user

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
Thanks mate!

I think I can (maybe) work backwards from the config.plist but if you could attach the whole EFI folder that would be a lot easier- then I can just change the serials and presumably everything should work and be set up identical to yours (if I swap the intel card back in). At this point, is everything working for you? Wifi, Touchpad, Gpu Accel, other slots? What about HDMI? (HDMI should in theory be do-able as it's tied to the iGPU)

(I already have catalina installed and "working" just nothing else~)

I think I understand your instructions about RU, and will make more sense once looking at it... so after you change these two values ( screenshot perchance? ) you presumably save- and then what? Is that what unlocks the bios? Do you then need to go into bios and do specific options?

Ideally, if between the two of us we can create a recipe that works for the Aero 15 X (2021) I think the community would appreciate it very much- I know I would =)

EDIT: I too am a hackintosh noob so the more than can be spelled out the better

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Thanks mate!

I think I can (maybe) work backwards from the config.plist but if you could attach the whole EFI folder that would be a lot easier- then I can just change the serials and presumably everything should work and be set up identical to yours (if I swap the intel card back in). At this point, is everything working for you? Wifi, Touchpad, Gpu Accel, other slots? What about HDMI? (HDMI should in theory be do-able as it's tied to the iGPU)

(I already have catalina installed and "working" just nothing else~)

I think I understand your instructions about RU, and will make more sense once looking at it... so after you change these two values ( screenshot perchance? ) you presumably save- and then what? Is that what unlocks the bios? Do you then need to go into bios and do specific options?

Ideally, if between the two of us we can create a recipe that works for the Aero 15 X (2021) I think the community would appreciate it very much- I know I would =)

EDIT: I too am a hackintosh noob so the more than can be spelled out the better
Sorry I can upload my EFI folder because I have a custom EFI folder (one with refind , kali linux, windows, and finally OC ) I tried to ulpoad OC folder but the website says that is too much this is why I only uploaded the config.

About what is working, I only tested for 3 hours, but it seems that everything is working properly, except WIFI that sometimes works and sometimes not, im trting to fix it using heliport, may be it should fix that problem and I didnt test HDMI yet.

About RU, using this you are not going to unlock the BIOS , we didnt find a method for that, when you change that values you are changing the DVMT and saying to the device that you want to only use the intel graphic cards and not the NVIDIA ones. Sorry I dont have any pictures about the RU interface however you will not have any problem if you try with this guidelines:

https://nstarke.github.io/0037-modifying-bios-using-ru-efi.html

after modifyingg THAT parts whit RU you dont need more to navigate to the BIOS, so I think Everything will be okey, and you will able to start mac os without any problem. However, you can have any other problems That I wasnt in my device.

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
Cool, okay- I'm trying to dual boot windows / OC. I didn't realize the EFI folder had anything to do with that?

Will the bios mod have any effect on the Windows side of things?

If you could upload to googledrive or another media share then that'll get me the whole EFI. Otherwise, maybe can just take screenshot of the entire folder tree? I think I just need a list of the Kext, Drivers, and ACPI's in order to replicate what you have any then I can search for each individual- but would be much easier (and version consistent) if you can upload the whole folder somewhere. Also might need to match the version of OpenCore you used- 0.6.9? 0.6.8?

So I think I have the process in my head straight-

1. Tweak your config.plist + SMBIOS MacBookPro16,3 to get unique serials
2. Match your ACPI folder, Driver folder, and Kext's and OC version (which?)
3. Swap my intel card back in (or maybe don't if you are having wifi issues (you could consider swapping to a Broadcom card that is supposed in Windows/Linux/Mac more readily))
4. Follow the RU bios mod tutorial
5. Cross fingers and boot

Latest posts