macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
When I boot RU.efu, nav to UEFI Variables- I have two - neither are "sasetup"

I have "StdDefa paf'8" and "StdDefaults" and that's it~ ?

As well, I think these instructions could be taken a few different ways: "change the firs 01 value to 02 and the 02 value to 03" - all my values for column 01, 02, and 03 are the same: 0B.

Looking at 0x00f0 (assuming I'm even in the correct spot) changing the first 01 value - this could either be the column 01, or, the first instance of "01" itself in the 0x00f0 row- they both exist.

My 0x00f0 row, at 01 column value = 0B
My 0x00f0 row, at 02 column value = 0B
My 0x00f0 row, at 03 column value = 0B

And then "changing the first 01 value to 02" could again mean two things- change the first instance of "01" into "02" or change the value of column 01 into the value of column 02, and so on. So the way it's written it's ambiguous to me what the direction is. If you could be explicit with the instruction such as:

Row 0x00f0 Column 01 Value =
Row 0x00f0 Column 02 Value =

So kinda stuck at the moment, without more clear instructions of how you achieved the Hackintosh on the aero. You're pretty much my only hope at this point, if you could please add more information into what you did in detail, or hook me up with the expert who helped you- perhaps they can help me too and I can then document it for everyone.

Much apprecaited-

EDIT: Additional questions after reviewing your config.plist....

SSDT-ALS0.aml - What is this? I can't find basically any reference to this file.
SSDT-DDGPU.aml - I think this is a custom file for disabling the dedicated GPU, which maybe has unique properties in it. I think I can figure out how to make a similar file... but this is part of why I asked for EFI folder in it's entirety so I can look/compare at what you did.
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml- Another custom built ssdt, I think I could probably figure this out too.
SSDT-OC-XOSI.aml - What is this for/do? Another custom compiled SSDT?
SSDT-TB3HP.aml - can't find much info on this either

So as you can see I need more help, please =)

Attachments

Last edited:

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Intel(R) UHD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design
When I boot RU.efu, nav to UEFI Variables- I have two - neither are "sasetup"

I have "StdDefa paf'8" and "StdDefaults" and that's it~ ?

As well, I think these instructions could be taken a few different ways: "change the firs 01 value to 02 and the 02 value to 03" - all my values for column 01, 02, and 03 are the same: 0B.

Looking at 0x00f0 (assuming I'm even in the correct spot) changing the first 01 value - this could either be the column 01, or, the first instance of "01" itself in the 0x00f0 row- they both exist.

My 0x00f0 row, at 01 column value = 0B
My 0x00f0 row, at 02 column value = 0B
My 0x00f0 row, at 03 column value = 0B

And then "changing the first 01 value to 02" could again mean two things- change the first instance of "01" into "02" or change the value of column 01 into the value of column 02, and so on. So the way it's written it's ambiguous to me what the direction is. If you could be explicit with the instruction such as:

Row 0x00f0 Column 01 Value =
Row 0x00f0 Column 02 Value =

So kinda stuck at the moment, without more clear instructions of how you achieved the Hackintosh on the aero. You're pretty much my only hope at this point, if you could please add more information into what you did in detail, or hook me up with the expert who helped you- perhaps they can help me too and I can then document it for everyone.

Much apprecaited-

EDIT: Additional questions after reviewing your config.plist....

SSDT-ALS0.aml - What is this? I can't find basically any reference to this file.
SSDT-DDGPU.aml - I think this is a custom file for disabling the dedicated GPU, which maybe has unique properties in it. I think I can figure out how to make a similar file... but this is part of why I asked for EFI folder in it's entirety so I can look/compare at what you did.
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml- Another custom built ssdt, I think I could probably figure this out too.
SSDT-OC-XOSI.aml - What is this for/do? Another custom compiled SSDT?
SSDT-TB3HP.aml - can't find much info on this either

So as you can see I need more help, please =)
About the config I cant tell you too much because my expert give to me that file, about the RU.efi, I dont know why you dont have sasetup as I told you, do not change any other value If you dont know what is about the value because you can change something wrong about the bios, as you can see in my image , I have a sasetup option, and I post another image about what values are the changes to do.

Attachments

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
Cool, okay- I'm trying to dual boot windows / OC. I didn't realize the EFI folder had anything to do with that?

Will the bios mod have any effect on the Windows side of things?

If you could upload to googledrive or another media share then that'll get me the whole EFI. Otherwise, maybe can just take screenshot of the entire folder tree? I think I just need a list of the Kext, Drivers, and ACPI's in order to replicate what you have any then I can search for each individual- but would be much easier (and version consistent) if you can upload the whole folder somewhere. Also might need to match the version of OpenCore you used- 0.6.9? 0.6.8?

So I think I have the process in my head straight-

1. Tweak your config.plist + SMBIOS MacBookPro16,3 to get unique serials
2. Match your ACPI folder, Driver folder, and Kext's and OC version (which?)
3. Swap my intel card back in (or maybe don't if you are having wifi issues (you could consider swapping to a Broadcom card that is supposed in Windows/Linux/Mac more readily))
4. Follow the RU bios mod tutorial
5. Cross fingers and boot
About your question, I dont have for now any issue with windows after change the values from the mod, and about your process, yea, I think you will be okey with that.

Here are the files uploaded to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GEdS6oAZ4GYnBAjwGiYmrKf8VIlpvQRY/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: in this efi you have to add itlwm an then in mac os use heliport instead of the default wifi option, with that changes the wifi is perfect.

Last edited:

WarTowels

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
I wonder why my ru.efi screens are so different than yours... yours looks like what I expected to see, but didn't. Guess I'll have to investigate that more.

I've requested access to the google drive link, thanks in advance.

Any chance you can put me in touch with your expert, I fear I may not have the ability to achieve this on my own, even with all your help thus far. (Still going to try though...)

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
I wonder why my ru.efi screens are so different than yours... yours looks like what I expected to see, but didn't. Guess I'll have to investigate that more.

I've requested access to the google drive link, thanks in advance.

Any chance you can put me in touch with your expert, I fear I may not have the ability to achieve this on my own, even with all your help thus far. (Still going to try though...)
mmm I dont know why your mod look like that, are you sure that we have the same device ? {aero gigabyte 15 oled 2020 model}

I accept your request for de google drive files hope you already download the files. Sorrry, I cant pass the contact. best luck.

WarTowels

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
It's nearly the same- except that it's the 2021 model. It's the same motherboard, (nearly same) cpu, should be the same bios, the only difference is the dedicated GPU is the 3000 series- which should be largely irrelevant I'd suspect since we're disabling it in either scenario.

I got the files downloaded, thank you. Haven't dug into them yet. Though I suspect I'll eventually run into another issue probably beyond the ru.efi, then I'll probably be stuck again. If only I had a secret expert contact.

Then again, maybe I'll get lucky with what you've provided thus far- which I do appreciate. If history is an indication of the future, then probably not. Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 8.47.04 AM.png

Last edited:

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
It's nearly the same- except that it's the 2021 model. It's the same motherboard, (nearly same) cpu, should be the same bios, the only difference is the dedicated GPU is the 3000 series- which should be largely irrelevant I'd suspect since we're disabling it in either scenario.

I got the files downloaded, thank you. Haven't dug into them yet. Though I suspect I'll eventually run into another issue probably beyond the ru.efi, then I'll probably be stuck again. If only I had a secret expert contact.

Then again, maybe I'll get lucky with what you've provided thus far- which I do appreciate. If history is an indication of the future, then probably not. View attachment 11426
jaja that diagram is very exact. Do not frustrated, you know that is possible so kept calm ajja if you have problems with RU.efi you can search for alternatives, they must be on the internet, as I told you the key is on our bios, change the DVMT, is the most important part.

Attachments

WarTowels

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
I did have a small breakthrough last night- I tried another version of RU and it was all corrupt and broken looking. So then I tried a third version, and it actually loaded to the same screens this time as yours (not sure why the other two didn't). That's where I stopped but is some progress.

WarTowels

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
I ended up editing the BIOS which allowed me to set the DVMT to 64mb - after that I was able to boot with the GPU settings from jojoji54's config.plist.

Using the other bits from that EFI- a lot of things work, but not everything. There seems to be conflicting kexts (at least for my setup) - such as AppleALC is included with VooDoo, which AppleALC readme says not to do.

Things that work so far:
  1. GPU Accel
  2. Sleep
  3. TB3
  4. Battery
  5. Wifi (but im using a native Broadcom)
  6. BT (but im using a Broadcom)

Things that don't:
  7. Brightness control
  8. Sound
  9. Fingerprint
  10. HDMI (But contrary to what people said online the HDMI seems tied to the dGPU so it can never work)
Spent about 2 hours working on Audio- but no luck yet. When/If I get everything working for the 2021 Aero 15 X I will create a tutorial/update here.

EDIT: Just got sound working =) alcid=29 on boot args is what worked for me, and removing the conflict with VooDoo. Next to bake in these settings into the EFI vs using boot arg

Last edited:

WarTowels

macOS
Mobo
HM470
CPU
10870H
GPU
Intel 630
On subsequent reboots, sound had stopped working... haven't changed anything since it worked. What gives...

EDIT: AppleALC says if after windows reboot sound stops working at - add alctsel=1 to boot args- no luck.

EDIT 2: It's definitely related to windows. Preforming a full shutdown of macOS, then rebooting (instead of restarting) restores audios.

Last edited:

jojoji54

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte aero 15 wb
CPU
Intel Core i7-10875H
GPU
I ended up editing the BIOS which allowed me to set the DVMT to 64mb - after that I was able to boot with the GPU settings from jojoji54's config.plist.

Using the other bits from that EFI- a lot of things work, but not everything. There seems to be conflicting kexts (at least for my setup) - such as AppleALC is included with VooDoo, which AppleALC readme says not to do.

Things that work so far:
  1. GPU Accel
  2. Sleep
  3. TB3
  4. Battery
  5. Wifi (but im using a native Broadcom)
  6. BT (but im using a Broadcom)

Things that don't:
  7. Brightness control
  8. Sound
  9. Fingerprint
  10. HDMI (But contrary to what people said online the HDMI seems tied to the dGPU so it can never work)
Spent about 2 hours working on Audio- but no luck yet. When/If I get everything working for the 2021 Aero 15 X I will create a tutorial/update here.

EDIT: Just got sound working =) alcid=29 on boot args is what worked for me, and removing the conflict with VooDoo. Next to bake in these settings into the EFI vs using boot arg
For Brightness control you need to install an aplication fro the store, fingerprint and HDMI will not work in our device. And about sound , I dont know anything about the sound