collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
I am very green when it comes to the codes of a computer. I have successfully hackintoshed a HP EliteDesk 800 but I am now trying to hackintosh a Lenovo 510A, i5-8400. I have successfully installed Mac OS 10.15.4 on it but the internal graphics (UHD 630) show 7mb. I used the vanilla desktop guide on Github and searched through other threads to try and find the answer to getting the graphics working properly but unfortunately I cannot figure it out. I have very limited options in the BIOS as well so I feel like I must be missing something in my config.plist. I have attached my config.plist and some screen shots.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The reason your graphics are not working is because you are using a desktop Framebuffer with a laptop CPU/IGPU.
  • You are using 0x3E920000 Device ID, this is correct for your Coffee Lake CPU.
  • But you are using it with AAPL,ig-platform-id=07009B3E, this is a desktop framebuffer.
  • You should change this to AAPL,ig-platform-id=0900A53E, as this is the default laptop framebuffer for a Coffee Lake CPU.
The attached config, plist has this change in place, try using this config.plist instead of your current one and see if that helps.

I have not checked any other parts of the config for errors. I have not made any other changes to the config.

Also for future reference do not save a config.plist with .txt file type, as it is likely to corrupt the file when it is opened in a property list editor. Fortunately Proper Tree opened the file without any issues.

Attachments

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
The reason your graphics are not working is because you are using a desktop Framebuffer with a laptop CPU/IGPU.
  • You are using 0x3E920000 Device ID, this is correct for your Coffee Lake CPU.
  • But you are using it with AAPL,ig-platform-id=07009B3E, this is a desktop framebuffer.
  • You should change this to AAPL,ig-platform-id=0900A53E, as this is the default laptop framebuffer for a Coffee Lake CPU.
The attached config, plist has this change in place, try using this config.plist instead of your current one and see if that helps.

I have not checked any other parts of the config for errors. I have not made any other changes to the config.

Also for future reference do not save a config.plist with .txt file type, as it is likely to corrupt the file when it is opened in a property list editor. Fortunately Proper Tree opened the file without any issues.
Thank you for your assistance. I have attached the congif.plist you sent and unfortunately it didn't work. I appreciate you pointing out I have a laptop platform-id as obviously I had no idea. Any other thoughts on how to fix this issue?

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Thank you for your assistance. I have attached the congif.plist you sent and unfortunately it didn't work. I appreciate you pointing out I have a laptop platform-id as obviously I had no idea. Any other thoughts on how to fix this issue?
H

I just had a thought. If I needed a laptop platform-Id should I have followed the laptop guide instead of the desktop guide?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No. My mistake your Lenovo is a Desktop system. I got it confused with a similarly named laptop.

So the config.plist I provided is not right for your system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have made the following changes to the attached OC config.plist:
  1. Change the Framebuffer back to the desktop option.
  2. Removed the Device ID entry
  3. Added a framebuffer-fbmem entry.
These are in line with the entries in my working OC config.plist.

Sorry for the previous mistake.

Try this and see if it changes anything for the better.

Attachments

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
I have made the following changes to the attached OC config.plist:
  1. Change the Framebuffer back to the desktop option.
  2. Removed the Device ID entry
  3. Added a framebuffer-fbmem entry.
These are in line with the entries in my working OC config.plist.

Sorry for the previous mistake.

Try this and see if it changes anything for the better.
Thank you again for your help. It looked so promising when I started my computer up after applying your config.plist but now I have a black screen. I really appreciate your help as I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Try this config.plsit. I have removed all the framebuffer entries bar the AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Doing this was a fix for another member who also had Black Screen issues, when he had all the standard Framebuffer entries in his config.

Attachments

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
no luck. I'm beginning to think this computer just doesn't want me to run Mac on it. Am i missing a kext for graphics?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No idea if you are missing a kext or not.

I don't to my knowledge have a copy of your OpenCore /EFI/OC folder, so I can't say for sure.

Your config.plist if it is a true reflection of the OC folder contents says you have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext installed.

Those are the only two third-party kexts you require for the Intel IGPU to work. The others are all installed and part of macOS.

This is why we were only looking at changing the Intel Framebuffer settings, as that is all WhateverGreen.kext requires for the IGPU to work correctly.

We probably haven't use the correct framebuffer ID, yet. There are a few that can be used for Coffee Lake CPU's. Below is a screenshot showing the possible framebuffer settings for a Coffee Lake IGPU:

Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.54.41.png

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
No idea if you are missing a kext or not.

I don't to my knowledge have a copy of your OpenCore /EFI/OC folder, so I can't say for sure.

Your config.plist if it is a true reflection of the OC folder contents says you have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext installed.

Those are the only two third-party kexts you require for the Intel IGPU to work. The others are all installed and part of macOS.

This is why we were only looking at changing the Intel Framebuffer settings, as that is all WhateverGreen.kext requires for the IGPU to work correctly.

We probably haven't use the correct framebuffer ID, yet. There are a few that can be used for Coffee Lake CPU's. Below is a screenshot showing the possible framebuffer settings for a Coffee Lake IGPU:

View attachment 9452
These always confuse me. Do I just remove the “0x” and then type the number or do I have to type it backwards? I‘ll go down the list and test them out. Thank you for a

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes to dropping the '0x' part

Yes to reverse pair for the framebuffer ID, i.e. 0x3EA50009 becomes 0900A53E

Do not forget to use the pairs of digits/letters, just reversing the ID will not work.

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
I have gone through all of the FB but cant seem to find one that works. It says that UHD 630 is supported as of 10.15.4. Does this mean I dont need any of the FB?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, when using WhateverGreen.kext you need to provide the Framebuffer ID.

Try this config.plist. I have copied the Device Properties from another OC config.plist, It is from a member who very recently reported that their UHD 630 was now working in macOS.

Attachments

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
I am losing it with this machine. I cannot figure out what it is I am missing. I have tried all of the framebuffers to try and get the acceleration working but no dice. I used the recommended config.plist but I still can't get accelerated graphics. Can't seem to figure out how to attach my config.plist now either. Any help on how to attach the list would be greatly appreciated.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Any files or folders you want to attach need to be in a compressed (zip) format. Only exception is image files. They can be attached in an uncompressed format.

You need to mount the EFI partition on your USB or macOS drive before you can gain access to the config.plist. The EFI partition is unmounted by default when you boot the system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Try this config.plist, it has the revised framebuffer id for the UHD 630 IGPU, as mentioned in post #14. This is the only change to the config.plist.

Attachments

Last edited:

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Try this config.plist, it has the revised framebuffer id for the UHD 630 IGPU, as mentioned in post #14. This is the only change to the config.plist.
Thank you again for you help. These config.plist seem to load the iGPU but the screen goes black after that happens. Any ideas?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Attachments

Latest posts