UHD 630
Hy guys, i just finishing install Big Sur on my PC

ASUS H110M-E
i3-7100
Intel UHD Graphics 630

After 3 of days, i try editing my config.plist
Adding some value or something like that but
My Graphics Is still stuck on 4MB

i was following OpenCore Install Guide for build the efi and the config.
I think i do all good but nothing works, so please help me.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Not really surprising that the IGPU is not working correctly.

You have a Coffee Lake iGPU fake ID in the DeviceProperties section of the config, when you have a Kaby Lake CPU/IGPU.

You also have a lot of unnecessary connector properties that are normally used for fixing Laptop display connections.

You have DeviceProperties for the Realtek Audio codec, you also have the alcid=1 boot argument, these do the same thing, remove one.

The revised config.plist may sort the IGPU and any Audio issues out. Give it a try from a USB pen drive before replacing your current config.plist.

Attachments

juanjog

macOS
Mobo
Asus H110M-E
CPU
i3 7100
GPU
UHD 630

You have a Coffee Lake iGPU fake ID in the DeviceProperties section of the config, when you have a Kaby Lake CPU/IGPU.

You also have a lot of unnecessary connector properties that are normally used for fixing Laptop display connections.

You have DeviceProperties for the Realtek Audio codec, you also have the alcid=1 boot argument, these do the same thing, remove one.

The revised config.plist may sort the IGPU and any Audio issues out. Give it a try from a USB pen drive before replacing your current config.plist.
In first instance i tried that but when is booting in apple logo the screen turns purple and later the sreen says "not signal"

Attachments

juanjog

macOS
Mobo
Asus H110M-E
CPU
i3 7100
GPU
UHD 630

okay good news, i try to disconnect the hdmi and connect it again and it worked! the graphic acceleration works but the whole screen is purple.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Then you need to use another IGPU Framebuffer. One that works with a Desktop system from the Kaby Lake section of the WhateverGreen FAQ Intel HD guide.

Recommended Kaby Lake framebuffers:
  • Desktop:
    • 0x59160000 (default)
    • 0x59120000 (recommended)
    • 0x59230000
    • 0x59260000
    • 0x59260007
    • 0x59270000
These framebuffers are entered against the AAPL,ig-platform-id, but in reverse pairs, i.e. 59120000 would be entered as 00001259.

The revised config.plist contains the (default) AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x59160000 for you to try, instead of the (recommended) framebuffer that I added to the previous config in post #2 above.

If this framebuffer doesn't work then you need to go through the list above to find one that does work.

You may need to try a different connector in stead of HDMI. As HDMI connections can be problematic in macOS. Try a DisplayPort or DVI connection if either are available on the display.

Attachments

juanjog

macOS
Mobo
Asus H110M-E
CPU
i3 7100
GPU
UHD 630
Then you need to use another IGPU Framebuffer. One that works with a Desktop system from the Kaby Lake section of the WhateverGreen FAQ Intel HD guide.

Recommended Kaby Lake framebuffers:
  • Desktop:
    • 0x59160000 (default)
    • 0x59120000 (recommended)
    • 0x59230000
    • 0x59260000
    • 0x59260007
    • 0x59270000
These framebuffers are entered against the AAPL,ig-platform-id, but in reverse pairs, i.e. 59120000 would be entered as 00001259.

The revised config.plist contains the (default) AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x59160000 for you to try, instead of the (recommended) framebuffer that I added to the previous config in post #2 above.

If this framebuffer doesn't work then you need to go through the list above to find one that does work.

You may need to try a different connector in stead of HDMI. As HDMI connections can be problematic in macOS. Try a DisplayPort or DVI connection if either are available on the display.
i fix the problem following up this guide How To Fix Magenta or Pink HDMI Display On Hackintosh – Techs11 | dognmonkey.com but now i have another issue, i have to unplug and plug the hdmi when is booting to have picture. any suggestiosns?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Did you try any of the other Framebuffers, before you applied the connector type fix?

One of the others may have provided you with a working HDMI port without the need to apply the connector fix.

juanjog

macOS
Mobo
Asus H110M-E
CPU
i3 7100
GPU
UHD 630
okay i have news about that, I try this framebuffer
  • 0x59160000 (default)
and kinda works, this buffer fix the problem with the magenta screen and didn't have to make the connector type fix, but still having to unplug and plug the hdmi.

PD: with the others frame buffers the SO recognized the graphics acceleration but make screen magenta

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That seems to be the best you are going to get at the moment, as the only other graphics connector on your motherboard is a VGA port. MacOS is obviously having problems initialising your HDMI connection. Unfortunately I have no idea why this is the case.

You may need to purchase a low cost discrete graphics card that is natively supported by macOS Catalina & Big Sur. The Nvidia GT 710 and GT 730 are two older single slot cards, which are not too expensive, that work with both of these OS's. I have a system using the GT 710 2GB (GK208 variant) and it works perfectly. Only cost £38 here in the UK.

Here is a link to the GPU Buyers guide - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/#a-quick-refresher-with-nvidia-and-webdrivers

Links down the left hand column to the AMD and NVIDIA pages.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No. That is a Fermi series card, that series of cards don't support Metal, which is essential for running Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. These cards are mentioned on the following GPU Buyers guide page - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/legacy-gpus/legacy-nvidia.html#fermi-series-4xx-5xx

The Nvidia Kepler Series of cards are supported natively by Apple provided drivers in the latest macOS release, as Apple are still supporting a few systems that came with Kepler GPU's installed.

Other Nvidia series are either not supported at all, or require Nvidia Web Drivers and can only use macOS up to and including High Sierra.

An old AMD Radeon 7000 series card would be supported. Just steer clear of the XFX cards, as they can be problematic.