Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
You need to change the information in your Signature you have a Broadwell E CPU (i5-6900k) shown when your CPU is actually a Coffee Lake i5-9600k. This had me confused for a while.

I have revised your CLOVER folder to better match your motherboard and CPU. Give it a try in place of the one you are currently using and let me know if it helps.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
What changes have you made to your Bios so you can boot macOS on your system? From the screenshots you posted I can see that the Serial Port is active. This is something that is normally disabled in the bios for macOS.

Can you confirm the any of the following Bios settings that are present in your system are set correctly:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Intel iGPU:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
Note: If you set Primary Display to CPU Graphics and DVMT Pre-Allocated setting doesn’t show. Save and exit BIOS and reenter and it should be there.

Then try booting the USB installer again and see if this makes any difference.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X
CPU
Coffee Lake i5 6900k
GPU
ASUS Strix GTX 960 2G
These are my settings bios settings

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
Ok, I would suggest you have a look at changing the CSM Support setting on the BIOS tab, this can sometimes cause issues when booting.

Other than that it looks just fine.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
Ok, it was worth a try, change the CSM Support back.

I need to have a think about what we try next.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X
CPU
Coffee Lake i5 6900k
GPU
ASUS Strix GTX 960 2G
Alright. Btw I really appriciate that you are helping me!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
Ok, I have gone back through your CLOVER folder and can't see anything that would be causing this kernel panic.

What I am about to recommend is a long shot but not an unnecessary one. It has helped others in the past. What I would recommend is recreating your USB installation drive from fresh. This would include the following:
  1. Deleting the Mojave Installation Application you downloaded and that is sitting in your Applications folder.
  2. Re-downloading the installation application from the App Store.
  3. Erasing your USB installer drive, naming it Untitled, HFS+ journaled, with GUID partition, this will wipe everything from the USB.
  4. Using the CreateInstallMedia Terminal Command below, restore Mojave to the clean USB
    • sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
  5. Install the latest version of Clover to the USB, making sure the drive is customised and set for UEFI booting, with Clover in the ESP. The other settings don't matter as they are covered by the CLOVER folder already prepared.
  6. Once Clover has been installed drag and drop the CLOVER folder I provided in post #2 to your EFI folder, this will over write the new CLOVER folder with the settings needed for your system.
  7. Then try installing Mojave on the Z390 Gaming X system.
If you have any questions about the process I have listed above, don't hesitate to ask.