Laptop for dual boot Big Sur / Windows 10 (or 11)

alexxk

macOS
Mobo
Huawei NBLB-WAX9N-PCB
CPU
Intel Core i5-10210U
GPU
Intel UHD Graphics
Hello there,

Recently i got the idea to get a new laptop to play and listen to music, as well as some office stuff activities. Some of the apps i would like to use are these: MusicHarbor (iOS and Big Sur only), Deezer, RekordBox.

After a quick research, I liked this machine HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14 - 14 Inches display (INTEL CORE I5-10210U and integrated UHD Intel video inside, 16 Gigs of Ram, only 1 SSD slot)

So before getting the laptop i just need to know if it's going to work with both Big Sur and Win 10?

Regards

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I would expect most everything should be ok, but I would definitely do some research and check some other sites to see if anyone with a similar laptop has successfully installed Big Sur and got the IGPU working correctly.

alexxk

macOS
Mobo
Huawei NBLB-WAX9N-PCB
CPU
Intel Core i5-10210U
GPU
Intel UHD Graphics
I've got the machine, but I'm struggling with the installation USB pen.

I created two partitions (1. EFI 1GB 2. MyDrive -14GB) following this guide here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore.../mac-install.html#downloading-macos-legacy-os
but i've got this message ... MyVolume is not a valid volume mount point.

Any clues?

Solved now - the installation wizard is running after swapping the partitions.

[Edit2] It appears that the EFI was created automatically with the installation, but went hidden since it's an EFI, so i have 2 EFI's now.

Last edited: