Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Touch HELP

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Does anyone know how to patch DSDT I'm having trouble figuring it out because I don't have any programming experience can anyone help me in patching my DSDT file so everything can run smoothly? Much appreciated in advance

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I may be able to help. Post a copy of your ACPI tables (all of them).

What exactly are you having issues with?

The common laptop patches are Battery and AC power brick, brightness and resolution (specifically the HD 4000 your laptop uses).

A lot of the other common DSDT patches can be applied as 'Hot-patches' via your Clover config.plist.

PS. Don't add duplicate posts, it tends to annoy the Moderators!

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
I may be able to help. Post a copy of your ACPI tables (all of them).

What exactly are you having issues with?

The common laptop patches are Battery and AC power brick, brightness and resolution (specifically the HD 4000 your laptop uses).

A lot of the other common DSDT patches can be applied as 'Hot-patches' via your Clover config.plist.

PS. Don't add duplicate posts, it tends to annoy the Moderators!

Ok how do I find all my ACPI Tables?

The issues i know of for sure are I have No Brightness control, and when booting i get this message during verbose boot and it takes a few minutes to get it to finish booting (kextd stall[0], (60s): 'ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin', 'MCHC', 'ApplePS2MoiuseDevice') it does that for 3 to 4 lines then finishes booting up, I have no battery indicator or battery percentage, I'm not sure what else might be a issue besides the track pad not working 100% i have to triple tap to open things and the mouse is really jumpy when trying to tap on things.

I think I've got the resolution right unless theres changes in the APCI Tables or DSDT files I've got Inject Intel graphics checked which without that it wouldn't beet at all untill i changed it to inject intel graphics.

How can i find out which patches i need to hot patch with clover? and How do i apply the hotpatches? if there are any needed.

PS. Sorry for the double post wont happen again thanks.

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Also what formats can be used to upload files?

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
I did the press F4 at the clover boot menu and booted and in the efi/clover/ACPI/orgin there are alot of .aml files do you mean those?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, the .aml files in your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder are what I asked for.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
While you are at it, post a copy of your whole CLOVER folder.

The issues you mentioned above in post #3 may require edits to the config.plist, drivers and kexts in your CLOVER sub-folders.

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
ok ive got all the files you need but its saying the format isnt supported everytime i try to upload them to here

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
ok i think this is exactly what your needing thanks

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I will have a look at these tomorrow, and yes they were the folders and files I wanted.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have disassembled your DSDT and SSDT's using a Refs.txt file and MaciASL. A copy of the disassembled files are available on request.

I have patched your DSDT with the following Laptop patches from Rehabman's Laptop Patch repository:
  1. Battery - Lenovo Ux10-Z580 this is a match for your system
  2. AC Adapter
  3. Brightness Fix for HD 4000
  4. Low Resolution fix for HD 4000
  5. Mutex non-Zero fix
  6. WAK Fix v2
  7. HPET fix
  8. IRQ fix
  9. OS Check Windows 8
  10. RTC fix
  11. Shutdown Fix v2
  12. 7-Series/8-series USB power fixes
These are the patches that are recommended in Rehabman's Laptop DSDT/SSDT patching guide over at Tonymacx86.

The DSDT compiles with no errors. It has been saved to the ACPI Machine Language Binary (.aml) format.

You should add this patched DSDT.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have also attached a copy of the disassembled DSDT, with the patches listed above. You can see that I have given the disassembled DSDT a very long name, as I just added the patch name/short version to the file, each time I saved the DSDT, after I compiled the DSDT to test each patch. The name shows the order the patches were applied.

The Brighness fix patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing the laptop lid. This particular version is intended to be used with ACPIBacklight.kext, which I have attached. Copy this kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You should also add the attached ACPIBatteryManager.kext to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as this along with the battery patch, should enable you to see the battery charge percentage as an icon on your desktop menu bar. Handy when running on battery power.

Let me know if it works, or not. Sometimes even when the DSDT compiles without any errors it can cause a kernel panic in macOS. So don't worry if that happens. We can use a different DSDT with less patches if that happens.

If you see a kernel panic using this DSDT, use the Options menu that is found on the Clover Boot Screen to stop Clover from using the patched DSDT. This will make the system revert to using the unpatched DSDT, which should allow you to boot your system.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
I have disassembled your DSDT and SSDT's using a Refs.txt file and MaciASL. A copy of the disassembled files are available on request.

I have patched your DSDT with the following Laptop patches from Rehabman's Laptop Patch repository:
  1. Battery - Lenovo Ux10-Z580 this is a match for your system
  2. AC Adapter
  3. Brightness Fix for HD 4000
  4. Low Resolution fix for HD 4000
  5. Mutex non-Zero fix
  6. WAK Fix v2
  7. HPET fix
  8. IRQ fix
  9. OS Check Windows 8
  10. RTC fix
  11. Shutdown Fix v2
  12. 7-Series/8-series USB power fixes
These are the patches that are recommended in Rehabman's Laptop DSDT/SSDT patching guide over at Tonymacx86.

The DSDT compiles with no errors. It has been saved to the ACPI Machine Language Binary (.aml) format.

You should add this patched DSDT.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have also attached a copy of the disassembled DSDT, with the patches listed above. You can see that I have given the disassembled DSDT a very long name, as I just added the patch name/short version to the file, each time I saved the DSDT, after I compiled the DSDT to test each patch. The name shows the order the patches were applied.

The Brighness fix patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing the laptop lid. This particular version is intended to be used with ACPIBacklight.kext, which I have attached. Copy this kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

You should also add the attached ACPIBatteryManager.kext to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as this along with the battery patch, should enable you to see the battery charge percentage as an icon on your desktop menu bar. Handy when running on battery power.

Let me know if it works, or not. Sometimes even when the DSDT compiles without any errors it can cause a kernel panic in macOS. So don't worry if that happens. We can use a different DSDT with less patches if that happens.

If you see a kernel panic using this DSDT, use the Options menu that is found on the Clover Boot Screen to stop Clover from using the patched DSDT. This will make the system revert to using the unpatched DSDT, which should allow you to boot your system.

Ok awesome thank you so much, I will try this and let you know how it goes.

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Ok so i got that done and it boots but its still doing the "kextd stall[0] (60s): 'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin', 'MCHC', 'ApplePS2MouseDevice' while booting it does this 3 times and then it will boot and then it fixed the battery i know for sure but the brightness slider shows up in the settings but when i slide it the brightness doesn't change and it doesn't do anything when I press the brightness buttons. but other than those 2 things its perfect I really appreciate the help.

Any idea what could be causing the kext stall during booting? and if the brightness cant be fixed that's something I could live with lol

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Also is there a way i can get a copy of the bootlog to send you to look at? idk if that might help with finding the reason its giving me a kext stall

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
So i took these Pics with my phone to show you where it is starting the kext stall and now its showing some other stuff one thing that caught my eye was right after the kext stall it shows something about caught CPU burning

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I'm currently working on and fixing a Windows machine, so can't look at these or answer your other questions right now. I'll be back on my Mac with all my tools etc. later tonight or definitely tomorrow.

macOS
Mobo
Intel Ivy Bridge Rev. 09
CPU
GPU
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Ok I understand thank you and will await for your reply when you have the time

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Part of the issue is you probably have too many Trackpad/keyboard kexts installed. These kexts are clashing and it appears only partially loading. That is what a lot of the verbose text is reporting in respect of VoodooPS2Controller.kext, i.e. duplicate kext, and specifically PS2Trackpad.kext, which it reports failed to load.

You are obviously dual booting on this laptop, with a number of NTFS errors appearing, but they seem to be non fatal, and are not causing a kernel panic.

Same goes fo your CPU setup/identification, it obviously needs some attention. As there are a number of errors reported but they are not causing a kernel panic.

You need to remove any duplicate kexts, these kexts could be in /CLOVER/kexts/Other or one of the other numbered sub-folders within the kexts folder. They could also be within the /Library/Extensions folder, or god forbid the /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) folder. The /S/L/E folder should not be used, not since El Capitan was released.

The messages are advising that you rebuild the kernel cache. Good idea, once the kexts have been sorted out.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have had a look at your CLOVER folder and specifically your config.plist. I have revised them both to what I hope will be a better fit for you Ivy Bridge system.

If you have a USB installer to hand, replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one attached below. Boot from the USB and it will try to use the new clover folder. See if that helps any.

If you can post a copy of your bootlog that would be helpful. You can obtain the bootlog from either Hackintool via the Logs tab or Clover Configurator from the Boot Log tab.

Attachments