List of Hackintosh USB Port Limit Patches (10.15 Updated)

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z68 Ap D3 Rev.1
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
GPU
Zotak Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB
You need to remove that USB port limit patch from your config.plist. It will not do anything for your system.

Can you download and install DPCIManager - https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/ - ignore the malware warning. The app does not contain any malware.

Post a screenshot of the PCI tab from this app, as it will show all the PCI devices on your system. This will enable me to see which USB controller(s) your system is using. Here is a copy of my PCI tab from that app so you know what to provide.

View attachment 3367

To create a screenshot hold CMD+shift+4 buttons at the same time (if using a PC keyboard it would be WinKey+shift+4 buttons), then use the crosshair (pointer changes to a crosshair) to draw a rectangle around the app window. This will take a screenshot that will usually be saved to your desktop and can be attached to a post here.
I have install DPCI Manager and I am attaching the Screeshot

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Ok, that is helpful, I now know your system has these two 6 series/C200 USB Controllers:
  • 8086 1C26
  • 8086 1C2D
These are the same USB Controllers as can be found on my HP Microserver Gen8 machines, which are both running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I has a similar problem as you but eventually found a fix for the USB 2 ports to work in Sierra.

Following an old hack from Mountain Lion -
  1. I copied AppleHPET.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to my desktop,
  2. Renamed the kext AppleWXYZ.kext,
  3. Deleted the original AppleHPET.kext from /S/L/E and
  4. Using Kext Utility installed the renamed kext (rebuilding cache etc.).
Try this Hack and see whether it works for you. you will need to reboot after Kext Utility finishes repairing permissions, rebuilding the kernel cache etc.

Due to the age of the system, I found that the USBInjectAll.kext and other USB fixes do not work.

You can also try creating a Custom SSDT-UIAC or USBPorts.kext with Hackintool app, but you need the ports working first!

Hackintool app can be downloaded from the Guide (near the bottom of the opening post) by Headkaze - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-6-9.254559/.

Hackintool app is unlikely to work like it does with modern motherboards/systems, but it might allow you to create a Custom SSDT or USBports.kext. This is something I need to look into myself, for the two HP Microservers, as only the USB 2 ports are currently working on these systems.

The USB ports run from the Etron EJ168 chip may or may not work with this hack. But may work with the mXHCD.kext after the USB 2.0 ports are active.

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z68 Ap D3 Rev.1
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
GPU
Zotak Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB
Ok, that is helpful, I now know your system has these two 6 series/C200 USB Controllers:
  • 8086 1C26
  • 8086 1C2D
These are the same USB Controllers as can be found on my HP Microserver Gen8 machines, which are both running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I has a similar problem as you but eventually found a fix for the USB 2 ports to work in Sierra.

Following an old hack from Mountain Lion -
Try this Hack and see whether it works for you. you will need to reboot after Kext Utility finishes repairing permissions, rebuilding the kernel cache etc.

Due to the age of the system, I found that the USBInjectAll.kext and other USB fixes do not work.

You can also try creating a Custom SSDT-UIAC or USBPorts.kext with Hackintool app, but you need the ports working first!

Hackintool app can be downloaded from the Guide (near the bottom of the opening post) by Headkaze - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-6-9.254559/.

Hackintool app is unlikely to work like it does with modern motherboards/systems, but it might allow you to create a Custom SSDT or USBports.kext. This is something I need to look into myself, for the two HP Microservers, as only the USB 2 ports are currently working on these systems.

The USB ports run from the Etron EJ168 chip may or may not work with this hack. But may work with the mXHCD.kext after the USB 2.0 ports are active.

Hai, I tried your method

but no success, I have download Hackintool app and posting usb page screenshot.. So what should I do now...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Which USB ports are working, if any?

That screenshot tells me you should use the Rename EHC1 to EH01 rename patch.

What did that screen show before you did the AppleHPET.kext hack?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
This is probably a bit premature but here are the two USB port Limit patches required for Catalina Beta, they have been created by PM Heart & Daliansky:

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find: 83FB0F0F
Replace: 83FB3F0F

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 83F90F0F
Replace: 83F93F0F

They look like this in Clover Configurator

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 22.10.10.png

dodoland

macOS
Mobo
Z370XP-SLI
CPU
i 7 8700K
GPU
MSI RX 580 8GB OC
is there a fix for sleep?
on Z370XP board on 10.14.5
my, all USB is working fine but sleep fails.

paldo

macOS
10.13.2, 10.14.5
Mobo
GIGABYTE H170
CPU
I3-6100
GPU
AMD RX560
is there a fix for sleep?
on Z370XP board on 10.14.5
my, all USB is working fine but sleep fails.
if you custom map your usb correctly..it'll solved your sleeps..it's more likely bluetooth on USB port that is giving you problems..

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The patches that were used for 10.14.5 were matched against macOS 10.14.x, so in theory should work in 10.14.6.

However, the best way to resolve this is to create a custom SSDT-UIAC or a USBPorts.kext for your individual system.

mrt1976

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
7900x
GPU
GTX 1070ti
Hi,

First of all, thanks for all the information available on here.

I'm just at the tail end of rebuilding my system after it failed on me.

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU: i9 - 7900X
GPU: GTX 1070ti
OSx: High Sierra

Previously I had no issues with USB. I'm not sure if I was lucky, or whether I've forgotten a step.

When installing, I followed I followed the instructions of kgp here

USB 2.0 devices work in all ports. However, USB 3.0 devices only work in 2 of the USB 3 ports.

I have tried installing the board-specific kext from @kpg here

To do the installation, I have tried both of the methods suggested here

This process seems to have place the Kext in my /Library/Extensions folder successfully. (see attached screenshot)

However, the USB 3.0 ports are still not working correctly.

I've also tried this instructions in this thread, and that hasn't helped either.

If anyone could help me with where I am going wrong, that would be great.

I've tried to attach my EFI, but it won't allow me sue to the file size.

Thanks in advance!

MrT

Attachments

Latest posts