List of Hackintosh USB Port Limit Patches (10.15 Updated)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

swordsx48

macOS
Mobo
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
CPU
i5-4690k
GPU
Sapphire RX Vega 56
Hey all! I just cycled through every Mojave 10.14.6 patch available and none of them worked to enable USB 3.0 drives. I have the USBinjectall.kext in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder and I did try each and every patch.
Any help? thanks in advance!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Did you also add the ACPI Rename patches to your config.plist? These three are essential for a Haswell system.

Rename EHC1 to EH01 - USB2 controller
Rename EHC2 to EH02 - USB2 controller
Rename XHCI to XHC_ - USB3 controller

Do you have any extra USB3 kexts or other fixes applied in your Clover folder and config.plist?

I have attached a config for a Haswell system, with a discrete AMD GPU, so you can compare what you are using against what I would use for your MSI Haswell system.

Attachments

swordsx48

macOS
Mobo
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
CPU
i5-4690k
GPU
Sapphire RX Vega 56
Did you also add the ACPI Rename patches to your config.plist? These three are essential for a Haswell system.

Rename EHC1 to EH01 - USB2 controller
Rename EHC2 to EH02 - USB2 controller
Rename XHCI to XHC_ - USB3 controller

Do you have any extra USB3 kexts or other fixes applied in your Clover folder and config.plist?

I have attached a config for a Haswell system, with a discrete AMD GPU, so you can compare what you are using against what I would use for your MSI Haswell system.
Thanks so much man, it worked.
I was using the USBmap .dsl for renaming in my Clover/ACPI/Patched folder but they didnt work.
Also, the OP here says you only need one patch, so I tried them all individually. Yours had all of them so I copied them all and the renaming too.
I had also noticed I had XMPDetection off and turned it on. I realized there may be other optimization touches that could be made better in my config.plist. Would you take a look?

Regardless, I am sending you a donation / tip right now for helping me with the USB ports. Not only on my behalf but on behalf of the community for what you do for everyone. I see you frequently help on other Hackintosh forums as well, without asking for or expecting a dime.

I respect and appreciate that.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You should not have any .dsl tables in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder as these are 'disassembled' tables, i.e. the format used to edit the tables.

If you are adding SSDT's to the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder they need to be the .aml tables, i.e. Assembled Machine Language tables the compile without any errors.

There are lots of tweaks you could make to your config.plist and CLOVER sub-folders in respect of a Haswell system. They have been worked on extensively by a lot of sites and if you can sift through the dross you can find some really helpful options, patches, fixes and SSDT's.

Start a new post in the 'Help Me' forum and post a copy of your CLOVER folder. I will have a look and see what I can offer in the way of improving the folder contents.

Thanks for the donation, it is appreciated.