Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
No one will be able to help you if you provide so little information. Image is a lovely picture of a screen with a white cursor. It means nothing on its own. I would suggest you do the following:

Provide details of your system, i.e. motherboard, CPU, Memory, GPU etc.

Provide details of how you created your USB installer, which version of Clover use installed to the USB and which version of macOS are you trying to install.

Provide a copy of your Clover folder, excluding the Themes folder, so people can see what you have attempted.

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
I am afraid I cannot do that as I don't know my pc's Specs. But I can give you the clover folder. I will get it soon😀

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
I am using a lexar 128 gb usb, also i have no clover folder? Also my pc says USB 2.0 and i'm using usb 3.0.I attached a picture of my transmac
If we cannot fix this, What should I use for making a amd verison of macOS

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
OK you are probably asking for help on the wrong forum. I would suggest you go have a look at the InsanelyMac AMD Development forum - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/318-amd-development/

That forum is well established and there will be numerous guides/instructions for various AMD Hacks.

Well the pictures show your machine is a HP desktop PC, which model is it? Look on the rear of the machine for the model and Serial Number. Then search for the Serial Number on the HP support site, that will tell you the spec of the machine. Not necessarily the motherboard manufacturer but it should confirm the CPU, USB port Chipset(s), Audio codec etc. If you have windows installed then Device Manager will also confirm the spec of the machine, probably more accurately than the HP site.

If you don't know the spec of the PC, how do you expect to be able to install macOS on the machine? You need to know your hardware before you start, as the kexts and drivers you select will be dictated by the hardware of your Hack. in the case of an AMD Hack the choice of Kernel will also be dictated by the CPU, as there are a number of AMD kernels that work for older AMD CPUs, some that only work with FX CPU's and others that only work for the newer Ryzen CPU's.

That is the case for all Hack's, but is even more important if you want to install macOS on an AMD machine. From first hand knowledge I can confirm that they are a lot harder, more time consuming and require more knowledge to get fully functional, especially when compared to running macOS on an Intel based machine.

I would also point out that your HP looks bit older, not a current model. So you should understand that you are unlikely to be able to run the most current version of macOS. Your system may only be able to run Yosemite, El Capitan or Sierra. Even the AMD developers over on InsanelyMac are unlikely to be running the latest version of macOS. You will need to obtain a kernel for the version of OS X or macOS that will run on your HP. I had a couple of HP Microserver's (AMD CPU's) that could only run Yosemite and lower.

Last edited:

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
Ok, thanks. I will check my pc's Specs. But I'm running Windows 10. So device manager will tell me my specs?

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
Also I'm using youtube tutorials to help me, and they said it would work on any amd proccerer.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Some 'Distro's' claim to work on any AMD CPU but they still use the AMD Kernels developed by the Guru's over at InsanelyMac. There will be a number of guides on the InsanelyMac site for AMD hack's, just try to find one that closely matches your PC spec and follow that guide for as close to a Vanilla install as you can.

Yes the Windows 10 Device Manager will confirm the specs for your PC, you just need to open each section and make a note of the various components such as Audio codec, CPU model, wifi. ethernet, USB chipset etc.

You then need to collate a number of kexts plus an AMD kernel that works with your CPU and other components. This may limit you to an older version of OS X depending on the kernel's developed that will work with your CPU. Most AMD CPU's do not contain the correct instruction sets for macOS to work out of the box, hence the need for the special kernels, especially the older socket 393, Athlon and Sempron CPU's.

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
I have been trying to do all this stuff you said, and device manager is not working. Also thank you for helping me. But I might have to give up on the hole thing. I'm sorry.😔

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Hacking a PC is hard enough, trying to Hack an old AMD PC is another level of pain. I wouldn't necessarily agree that you should give up but would rather suggest you keep looking and reading to see what you can learn.

This alternative site https://forum.amd-osx.com would be a good place for you to see what can be done. The Site was setup and is run by Shaneee, one of the AMD Guru's from InsanelyMac, but his site is totally about AMD machines.

Sites like this try to make the process as painless as possible but usually for Intel based Hacks. However, given the nature of what you are trying to do that isn't always possible. Especially when the system components are not compatible.

Bear2963

Mobo
Idk
CPU
Idk
GPU
Idk
Is it where you cannot "install it on amd" but if I installed it on intel and ran it on amd, would that work. If so I think I do have a pretty slow laptop that is intel.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
You can do that, i.e. install macOS on one machine and swap the drive or a clone of the drive to another machine. I can be a good shortcut to getting macOS up and running.

With the Intel AMD swap you need to make sure you have downloaded and installed the correct AMD kernel and any AMD specific kexts before you swap the hard drive to the AMD machine.

You will also need to change/tweak the bootloader whether that be Clover or Enoch (an older bootloader based on Chameleon), so your AMD system will boot. Unfortunately it rarely is as simple as swapping the kernel and recreating the kernel cache.

Latest posts