Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
It is safe to enable Trim, either with the Clover KextsToPatch or using the Trimforce Terminal Command. It will definitely not harm your SSD.

As your Dell laptop only has SATA 2 ports, your SSD will never reach the heights/speed of a SATA 3 connected SSD (500+GB read and write speeds). Though it is probably over twice as fast as a spinning Hard Drive would be in that laptop.

BlackMagic doesn't stop, that is the way it is set to run in a continuous loop, so you can see the difference between each test. Just press the Start button to stop the testing and it will freeze the BlackMagic screen with the current read and write speeds shown.

Upgrading the 2GB RAM stick would be ideal, as your machine is using 2-3GB of the existing memory and that will only increase if you have a few Apps running.

Apple's version of sleep and hibernation do not always work well on Hack's, have a read of this guide over at InsanelyMac by Allan - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/. This is probably the best guide I have seen for Sleep and Hibernation for a Hack. As you have a Laptop you may get some joy out of this guide.

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
dell vostro 3500 series
CPU
Intel I3 380m
GPU
1st gen Intel HD Graphics
It is safe to enable Trim, either with the Clover KextsToPatch or using the Trimforce Terminal Command. It will definitely not harm your SSD.

As your Dell laptop only has SATA 2 ports, your SSD will never reach the heights/speed of a SATA 3 connected SSD (500+GB read and write speeds). Though it is probably over twice as fast as a spinning Hard Drive would be in that laptop.

BlackMagic doesn't stop, that is the way it is set to run in a continuous loop, so you can see the difference between each test. Just press the Start button to stop the testing and it will freeze the BlackMagic screen with the current read and write speeds shown.

Upgrading the 2GB RAM stick would be ideal, as your machine is using 2-3GB of the existing memory and that will only increase if you have a few Apps running.

Apple's version of sleep and hibernation do not always work well on Hack's, have a read of this guide over at InsanelyMac by Allan - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/. This is probably the best guide I have seen for Sleep and Hibernation for a Hack. As you have a Laptop you may get some joy out of this guide.
hello Edhawk,

this machine is running perfect on 10.12.3 .. thanks to you .. you helped me a lot ..

as I told you its running fine so I decided to update it .. last time I updated it via App Store directly to 10.12.6 ..and there were problems with audio and usb ..

this time I took full backup with CCC and updated it with macOSUpdCombo10.12.4 . update went good and it restarted ..

booted with the backup and replace the intel hd graphics kexts ..in /s/s/e ..it solved the black screen issue after update ..
but there was a new problem with applecpupowermanagent .. that after login it was restarting again and again..

so for this problem I installed nullcpupowermanagement in /efi/clover/kexts/other ..

and problem got solved ..
everything was working except wifi .. even bluetooth is working now ...

then again I update it to 10.12.5 with the same method .. and everything is working great ..

am uploading some screenshots and files ..

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.01.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.01.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.01.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.01.48 PM.png

is it fine to run with nullcpupowermanagemt or I have to patch it..

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
You need to apply the 'Change EHCI to EH01' DSDT rename patch to your config.plist as you have an EHCI section in your IOReg. It is available from the drop down list of patches built-in to Clover Configurator.

You should not need the 'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext', as your config.plist has the Generate P-states and C-states options enabled. Also the kext is not appearing in the list of Injected kexts in your bootlog but it is showing under 'IOService:/IOResources/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement' in your IOReg. Do you have the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed to /S/L/E or /L/E?

You may want to add the Generate 'APSN' & 'APLF' options to your config.plist to see if this makes the CPU power management better. I wouldn't expect moving from one version of Sierra to another to mess up your config.plist's CPU Power Management settings.

You should have 'NeverHibinate' option selected in your config.plist, it sits below the 'Timeout' box on the Cover Configurator Boot tab. You probably need to deal with the Hibenate/Sleep issues again for your system. See this post over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-hibernate-reboot.216703/

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
dell vostro 3500 series
CPU
Intel I3 380m
GPU
You need to apply the 'Change EHCI to EH01' DSDT rename patch to your config.plist as you have an EHCI section in your IOReg. It is available from the drop down list of patches built-in to Clover Configurator.

You should not need the 'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext', as your config.plist has the Generate P-states and C-states options enabled. Also the kext is not appearing in the list of Injected kexts in your bootlog but it is showing under 'IOService:/IOResources/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement' in your IOReg. Do you have the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed to /S/L/E or /L/E?

You may want to add the Generate 'APSN' & 'APLF' options to your config.plist to see if this makes the CPU power management better. I wouldn't expect moving from one version of Sierra to another to mess up your config.plist's CPU Power Management settings.

You should have 'NeverHibinate' option selected in your config.plist, it sits below the 'Timeout' box on the Cover Configurator Boot tab. You probably need to deal with the Hibenate/Sleep issues again for your system. See this post over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-hibernate-reboot.216703/
I have added pre-loaded patch from the list (change ech1 to eh01).

nullcpupowermanagement is in /L/E

I deleted it ..check generate APSN and APLF ..

also checked never hibernate

... after reboot - login -- after around 1 min it rebooted again ..

on next restart I have installed nullcpupowermanagement to /L/E and its fine then ..

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Ok, that isn't normal with newer Hacks. But if it works with your old CPU then your system obviously needs that kext.

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
dell vostro 3500 series
CPU
Intel I3 380m
GPU
Ok, that isn't normal with newer Hacks. But if it works with your old CPU then your system obviously needs that kext.
Ok .. thank you for your help ..

I updated it to 10.12.6 by earlier method and its working fine .. everything is working .. 👍