Mapping RAM and DIMM Slots on a Hackintosh with Clover SMBIOS

macOS
Mobo
ThinkPad X1 Extreme (laptop)
CPU
i7-8850H
GPU
GTX 1050 Ti with Max-q
Okay sounds very similar to what I was having, my ram was also only working in a specific slot one at a time.

First of all mac model doesn't make a difference and neither does AptioMemoryFIx/OsxAptioFix3Drv etc, I don't even have them at this point. Also "Channels" and "Slot count" doesn't seem to make a difference, still works if I leave them blank.

The particular thing was that I set Frequency to 2667 because when ram was working one at a time and when it let me boot it was showing 2667 in "About This Mac>System Report>Memory".

I've attached a screenshot of my setup, hopefully this helps.
It worked! It wasn't taking it at first so I cleaned up my config.plist because it had other "fixes" that were recommended in it. Copied your screenshot exactly and it got passed the End RandomSeed. Thanks so much for your help! Been stuck on that for well over a week.

pavelzuk

macOS
Mobo
TUXEDO Book BC1507
It worked! It wasn't taking it at first so I cleaned up my config.plist because it had other "fixes" that were recommended in it. Copied your screenshot exactly and it got passed the End RandomSeed. Thanks so much for your help! Been stuck on that for well over a week.
Awesome! 😄

mstef

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
If you have a Gigabyte Z370N WIFI or maybe other mini-ITX motherboard with only two memory slots and you want your system see just only two slots: use slot 0 and 1 for DIMMs, select SlotCount=2 and don't select Channels, restart and it's done.

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

timb123

Mobo
Laptop: Toshiba Satelite C50-B-14D
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
Hi there,

I have followed the steps you have provided on my laptop and am still getting the End RandomSeed error. I am also using the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi drivers in Clover and am getting this issue. I am attaching the EFI Folder, my specs are as listed on my profile. I know my graphics are unsupported (apparently) but please still try to help me as it can still be used as a file server (based on what Rehabman said).

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Which version of macOS are you installing?

If you just want it for server usage, you might want to look at running Sierra 10.12.6 and the Apple Server App. I have a couple of HP Microservers running Sierra and the Server App on my Network. The Server App in Sierra was the last to have any serious workings. It has been completely dumbed down so it is nearly useless in both High Sierra and Mojave.

Can you post a picture of the kernel panic, so we can confirm the stop cause.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
I am trying to install Mac OS Mojave 10.14. I am not an expert with which Mac OS to use as a server, so I was going for that, and also, if my graphics do work to some extent, then I can try working on making it better or something, or maybe plug in an eGPU.

Attached is a picture of the error. Please ignore the grey square as it is supposed to be blank.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your graphics are always going to struggle with Mojave. Less so with Sierra, as that OS doesn’t have the Metal requirement that was introduced with High Sierra and then Metal 2 with Mojave.

With regards the kernel panic you need to remove your RAM and confirm the Manufacturer and the part numbers, they will not necessarily be the same if the memory was increased after the laptop was purchased. This information then needs to be added to the SMBIOS section of your config.plist.

If you drop back to Sierra you may not need to add the memory fix.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
I have used this method to get the RAM information about my computer: https://www.howtogeek.com/175434/ho...s-ram-configuration-without-opening-the-case/. As it is a laptop, I decided to use this method to stay safe (I am experienced with this stuff in desktops only). I will try changing a setting around in the config.plist file.
As for downgrading to Sierra, how can I get the installation image for it as my Mac is on Mojave?

Thanks for your help

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
Thanks for the information. I have downloaded and made the USB for Sierra. Now the kernel panics on a new way. I see a lot of pluses and that's it.
I used the command prompt to gain information about the ram and yes, windows is on it already.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
Should I try to reinstall clover via the iso on sourceforge?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to download the latest version from Source Forge and install it to the macOS USB installer.

You then need to replace the /EFI/CLOVER folder created on the USB with your own CLOVER folder.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
You need to download the latest version from Source Forge and install it to the macOS USB installer.

You then need to replace the /EFI/CLOVER folder created on the USB with your own CLOVER folder.
OK thanks, I will try that now and then let you know

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
only 56/256 slide values are usable
valid slides 0-55

I tried the method stated and the error I have stated above came up in the kernel panic. I feel that one of the memory fix drivers are causing the problem. Do I need any specific drivers to make it work?
Thanks

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I'm just having a look at your EFI folder, can you confirm where you obtained the SSDT's and DSDT that are in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

You have a number of drivers in the /EFI/CLOVERdrivers64UEFI folder that you don't need and should be removed from the folder:
  • AppleImageCodec-64.efi
  • AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
  • AppleUITheme-64.efi
  • FirmwareVolume-64.efi
  • VBoxHfs-64.efi (HFSPlus does this job)
You have two Aptio memory drivers in this folder, this can cause issues when booting remove either of them, but only one.
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi - remove this driver (first)
You have a large number of kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which won't necessarily make your system boot any better. You have two Ethernet kexts, you only need one, probably the Realtek Ethernet kext, I would remove AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.

I would be surprised if the GenericUSBXHCI.kext works. It hasn't since Yosemite. Hopefully your USB ports use an Intel Controller and will work with macOS. You will need to add the USB port limit patches for Sierra to your config.plist and remove any other USB patches for Mojave. Keep USBInjectAll.kext. See this post for the Sierra USB port limit patch - https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/list-of-hackintosh-usb-port-limit-patches-10-14-updated.467/

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext will likely clash with some of your config.plist settings.

The FakePCID... kexts are not always required. Unless Rehabman or someone with a similar laptop has recommended you use them it might be worth trying to install Sierra without these kexts. This would leave the following kexts in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and
  • WhateverGreen.kext
Try these changes and see if it boots any better.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
Thanks for that. I have deleted the kexts and will try again.

You will need to add the USB port limit patches for Sierra to your config.plist
What do you mean by this?

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
No luck. I am still getting amf: only 56/256 slide values are usable valid slides 0-55

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
I'll try removing the other memory driver

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have just had a look at the config.plist you attached above. It is basically empty, bar
  • Devices > Inject USB=true and
  • Graphics > Inject Intel=true.
I'm therefore not surprised you are getting kernel panics and boot errors.

timb123

Mobo
CPU
Intel Celeron N2830
GPU
Intel HD Graphics iGPU
When using osxaptiofix2drv, I get: starting overrides for \System\library\coreservices\boot.efi
Then it says using reloc block no and using hibernate wake no

I will try with the other memory drivers unless you have a different solution

Latest posts