Bob734

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo T510
CPU
intel Arrandelle I5
GPU
Intel HD graphics
I made an MBR Hackintosh on a vhd file and it works fine in VMware. I copied to the MBR partition in my computer and it shows up in clover. When I boot with clover it eventually freezes on Process[xxx] crashed: opendirectoryd. Too Many corpses and also says something about a shared region owned by UUID 501 instead of 0
Every couple of seconds the error code shows up again but the number (xxx) increments. I let it run for an hour, but it never finishes booting.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The hardware components in your Lenovo T510 laptop are too old to run Mojave. They would need some very specific fixes/patches etc. to work in Mojave.

Apple used an Arrandelle i5 in their 2010 MacBook Pro 6.2 systems. These don't natively support any version of macOS above High Sierra. I would recommend you try installing 10.13.6 on the laptop, but i do not recommend you use the CLOVER folder from a VM when doing so.

You will need to set the CLOVER folder's sub-folders to correspond with the hardware components for your laptop, assuming they are compatible with macOS. The existing WiFi/BT card if not a Broadcom card will need to be replaced.

You need to set up the USB installation drive as HFS+ with a GUID partition map, not MBR.

If you are installing macOS to an SSD I would recommend you format this as APFS/GUID. If using a spinning laptop HD then format it as HFS+/GUID.

If you have the VM working then you should be able to download macOS High Sierra and use the CreateInstallMedia Terminal Command, to create a High Sierra macOS USB installation drive.

Here is a guide showing how to install an older version of macOS (El Capitan being the most recent) for your Lenovo Thinkpad T510 - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...6-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/

It should contain all the necessary information you need.

Bob734

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo T510
CPU
intel Arrandelle I5
GPU
Intel HD graphics
I have successfully installed and used Mojave on a GUID USB drive, but it is very slow because it is USB 2. I need to install macOS on an MBR partition because I can not format my SSD as GUID and I can not delete my windows partition. If Mojave on MBR doesnt work will High Sierra also have the same problem on MBR? If not is there a way I can boot from a vhd file (without VM)?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
  • Why can't you format the drive with a GUID partition map?
  • Windows will work with a GUID partition map, macOS explictly requires the drive is created with a GUID partition map.
  • Are you using a single drive for Windows and macOS, with Windows already installed with a Master Boot Record?
  • Mojave is missing a number of important drivers for your Arrandelle CPU, that is why you can't install Mojave, nothing to do with the partition map you are using for the drive.
  • MacOS will not to my knowledge boot from a VHD file, that is a Windows/VM tool.

Bob734

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo T510
CPU
intel Arrandelle I5
GPU
Intel HD graphics
I am using a single drive for windows and macOS. I can confirm that my CPU works because I can boot Mojave (Not the installer) from a USB.

My computer does not have EFI and windows can not boot on GUID without it. I also don't want to lose my windows data.

The olny thing different between the working drive and the internal one is that one is SATA, and the other is USB, and the partition schemes are different.

The reason I am trying to install on my internal drive is that the USB is slow.

Thanks for your help!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Any time you look to install macOS and Windows or Linux on the same drive you need to install macOS first. Then it matters not if you install Windows or Linux next.

The drive needs to be formatted as HFS+ with GUID partition map. Depending on how many other OS's you are lokking to install will set how many partitions you need to create on the drive. Each OS requiring one partition during the formatting of the drive.

So for example you want to run macOS and Windows on the same drive. You would do the following:
  1. Boot from your macOS Installation USB.
  2. When the macOS installation wizard screen appears you need to open Disk Utility
  3. In Disk Utility you need to Erase the Disk selecting Mac OS extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition Map scheme. Name it what you want but something obvious for your macOS install - 'MacHD' being a common drive name.
    • Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 13.43.11.png Disk Utility Erase function settings
  4. Then once the drive has been erased and reformatted ready for macOS you need to add another partition to the drive, as the erase function only creates the FAT32 EFI partition and the single HFS+ partition for macOS.
  5. The additional HFS+ formatted partition will be the installation space for Windows, this partition will be deleted and reformatted as NTFS as part of the Windows installation.
  6. Now you would close Disk Utility and continue the macOS installaiton, selecting the first partition as the destination.
  7. Once macOS has been installed with Clover installed to the EFI FAT32 partition, you would start the Windows installation.
  8. Deleting the second HFS+ partition as part of the Windows installation, so any additional Windows partitions are created within the unformatted space.