Mojave successfully installed but boot just in safe mode

ibeddine

CPU
i5 - 6200U
GPU
intel HD 520
hello ,

i have installed mojave successfully in my Toshiba z30-c , everything during installation
was flawless, the problem is after i finished the installation and i want to boot it , the laptop reboot itself after loading bar is in the half ;

The only way to boot it up was by using : -x as boot arg

My Specs :

8gb Ram
Intel® Core™ i5-6200U
Intel® HD Graphics 520

My EFI folder is in attachment section

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
I’ll have a look at your clover folder tomorrow.

ibeddine

CPU
i5 - 6200U
GPU
intel HD 520
Thank you sir, I just wanna mention something, this Clover I am using it was made by you for someone here who had same specs as me but in a different Laptop Brand, and it was the only Clover folder with the right config.plist that worked for me after weeks of searching . I really wanna thank you for this .

second thing is I managed somehow to make it boot normally today , I did boot it with no arg , and in Graphic Injector in Clover Option I have changed FakeID value from : 0x59128086 to 0x12345678

for now everything seems to work fine , but the only problem is the graphic card Intel HD 520 keep showing just 7m in Vram and a very laggy graphic

you can find my bios settings + the new working clover folder in the attachement section

and another time thank you so much

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
In your bios settings this image shows your have Vt-d only enabled. Vt-d should not be enabled.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-11 at 2.35.08 PM-3.jpeg

This image shows your Ethernet port is disabled, it should be enabled.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-11 at 2.35.08 PM-4.jpeg

This image shows that 'Memory Performance' is disabled. This is probably the Toshiba equivalent to XMP Memory Profile and should be set to enabled.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-11 at 2.35.08 PM-5.jpeg

I don't see any options for Graphics, there should be a few (3 options normally) for the Graphics memory etc. Have you missed any of the Advanced bios settings from the screenshots you provided?

With regards the change of the Fake ID to 0x12345678, this is something that Rehabman recommends when booting for the first time. It is not always necessary but can as you have seen get you through the installation and to macOS desktop, so you can then start installing Clover to your HD/SSD and tweaking the Clover settings etc.

I am pleased the previous CLOVER folder helped you but will need to go through it to make sure it is right for your system. It is obviously mostly correct, otherwise you would not be able to boot in to macOS in safe mode or normal mode.

I have changed the following in your CLOVER folder:
  • Removed the numbered OSX folders from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder.
  • Updated Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen kexts.
  • Added IntelMausiEthernet.kext for your Ethernet
  • Added the following drivers to /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
    • PartitionDxe-64.efi
    • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • Removed APIC-p.aml from your /CLOVER/APCI/origin folder.
  • Added 'Classic Mac OS' to your /CLOVER/themes folder.
With regards your config.plist I have made the following changes:
  • Removed Plugin Type=1
  • Added dart=0 boot argument
  • Deleted Fake ID 0x12345678
  • Added Devices > Properties for your IGPU HD520
  • Removed Default Loader=boot.efi
  • Changed Screen Resolution from 1920x1080 to 1366x768 to match your screen resolution.
  • Deleted USB port limit patch for High Sierra.
  • Added USB port limit patches (4 No) for Mojave 10.14.5
Try this revised CLOVER folder and see if it helps.

Attachments

ibeddine

CPU
i5 - 6200U
GPU
intel HD 520
Hello , i have changed all the bios settings you told me i have to,
put the new clover in EFI folder , but when i want to boot now , the loading bar charge till the half and the laptop reboots itself , kinda a boot loop

and for the three settings of graphic in BIOS , sorry they don't exist..

i made a screenshots to save the boot using the -v flag as a log

i recorder a video too : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uJmpSy4ivcYvD_kVSPbI0OnCmq-4BBPA

thank you sir for your replies

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
OK, some Laptop bios's are locked and you need to patch to deal with the DVMT and other issues that can arise when hacking them for macOS.

The verbose image shows the end of the Kernel Panic. The video shows what appears is a problem with the kernel caches, this is the last legible line of text I could read before the kernel panic.

Can you boot with your original CLOVER folder still? If Yes, can you enter macOS and run Kext Utility to repair the permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.

Can you also provide a copy of your Bootlog file, as this may shed some light on what is working and what is not working.

ibeddine

CPU
i5 - 6200U
GPU
intel HD 520
OK, some Laptop bios's are locked and you need to patch to deal with the DVMT and other issues that can arise when hacking them for macOS.

The verbose image shows the end of the Kernel Panic. The video shows what appears is a problem with the kernel caches, this is the last legible line of text I could read before the kernel panic.

Can you boot with your original CLOVER folder still? If Yes, can you enter macOS and run Kext Utility to repair the permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.

Can you also provide a copy of your Bootlog file, as this may shed some light on what is working and what is not working.
Okay i boot it now and i run Kext Utility

Can you please inform me where can i find the boot log ? Also how can i patch the DVMT , i added a kext called IntelGraphicDVMTfixup but still same problem bootlooping ...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
The Bootlog can be obtained from any of these three applications:
  1. Clover Configurator - https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
  2. Hackintool - bottom of first post by Headkaze - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-6-9.254559/
  3. DPCIManager - https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/ - ignore the malware message the download doesn't contain any malware.
The DVMT fixes have been incorporated in to WhateverGreen.kext and are no longer being developed. If you install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions it should deal with most of the DMVT issues.

I would recommend reading the post over at Tonymacx86, it goes through a number of issues that have arisen when installing Mojave - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-and-workarounds-on-10-14-mojave.255823/

ibeddine

CPU
i5 - 6200U
GPU
intel HD 520
I have tried with Intel Framebuffer Patcher with the Hackintool, but seems like I have no idea how , or where should I put the patch I get, and I am not sure if the settings I use are the right ones ..

I have installed Whatevergreen and Lil using Kext Utility

still always problem with the graphic ..

here I attached my log file when booting using the working clover folder

thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
Ok, first thing is you shouldn't use Kext Utility to install kexts as it installs them to /System/Library/Extensions. This is not the correct location for third party kexts. Apple use /Library/Extensions for the third party kexts they provide, so we should do the same.
  1. Move Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, plus any other kexts you have installed using Kext Utility from /System/Library/Extensions to your desktop.
  2. Download and Open Kext Beast application (can be downloaded from Tonymacx86) select to install kexts to /Library/Extensions. This app will install any kexts located on your desktop to /Library/Extensions, so make sure you only have the kexts you want to install on your desktop, if they are in a folder this is fine as they will not be installed.
  3. Then use Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.
I personally would copy all the kexts in my /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder to my desktop and use Kext Beast to install these kexts to /Library/Extensions. Doing this makes these third party kexts part of the kernel cache, which is the best way to deal with these kexts.

The only one I would leave (duplicate) in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other is FakeSMC.kext. This will be fine as long as the config.plist contains Inject Kexts=Detect, as it will look to see if any kexts are already part of the kernel cache before it looks to inject them. If they are part of the kernel cache then they will not be injected.

It is very important that you remember to use Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache after installing or deleting any kexts from either of these folders on your HD.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580
Looking at the Bootlog and EFI folder you have attached above, I would recommend the following changes:
  • Delete AudioDxe-64.efi
  • Delete EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • Delete WhateverGreen.kext - not need if in /Library/Extensions
  • Delete RealtekRTL8111.kext - you have an Intel Ethernet port according to the spec sheet I read on the Toshiba site. If you install it to /Library/Extensions it will not load and will not make any difference.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Deleted two unused DSDT/SSDT rename patches - EC0 to EC and XHC1 to XHC
  • Deleted Plugin Type=1
  • Deleted two Drop SSDT tables - CPU PM tables
  • Deleted --disablegfxfirmware boot argument
  • Changed Default Boot Volume from 'LastBootedVolume' to 'HDD'
  • Deleted Fake ID IntelGFX=0x5912808
  • Disabled Add Properties > IntelGFX AAPL,GfxYTile
  • Added these three Devices > Properties
    • AAPL,ig-platform-id > 00001219
    • framebuffer-stolenmem > 00003001
    • Framebuffer-enable-patch > 01000000
  • Deleted ig-platform-id= 0x19160000
  • Deleted USB port patch for High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Added four USB port patches for Mojave 10.14.5
  • Added Channels= Dual Channel
  • Added SlotCount=2
Try this CLOVER folder, which contains the changes listed above and a revised config.plsit and let me know how you get on. Post a copy of your Bootlog so I can see if the changes made the difference I was looking for.

Attachments