cambi

macOS
Mobo
Intel® HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR5
Hey guys, just bought a new laptop MSI GF65 9SD with an Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Hexa Core, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz and an Intel® UHD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR5.

I always wanted to try an use Mac OS and now that I have a decent laptop I was giving it a try.

I downloaded the latest version of Hackintosh Calina and used TransMac on Windows to format and prepare the USB.

Everything went fine untill this error appeared : Attempting system restart... mach reboot

To be honest I just rushed into this without seeing if anything was compatible but I was so damn excited to do it that I overlooked. My question is, can I use Windows 10 among with Mac OS?

If this was my laptop for work I would just install Mac OS but it's my gaming laptop aswell so I hope you guys can give some advice and if it's really worth the time... Thank you!

Cambi

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You can dual boot macOS and Windows.
  1. You need to format the SSD/NVMe drive where you plan to install macOS and Windows as HFS+, GUID partition map, with TWO partitions.
  2. Convert one of the partitions to APFS format and install Catalina.
  3. Format the other partition as NTFS when you install Windows.
That way you will have an EFI Partition that can have Clover installed, which will boot macOS and Windows without any issues.

Your GTX 1660 GPU will never work in macOS. You will need to disable the discrete Nvidia GPU, using a boot argument (-wegnoegpu) or SSDT-dDGPU.aml.

If your laptop has an Intel, Realtek or Atheros WiFi/BT card it will need to be replaced with a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Other than that is should be fine to hack.

The error message you provided above is not the actual error message, it is the final line showing the system is going to reboot. It tells us nothing.