MSI GF75 THIN-OPENCORE INSTALATION. (PS2 trackpad won´t work)

heineken92

macOS
Hello, I´ve been trying to install BIG SUR on a MSI GF75 laptop. I´ve got to the point where you have to use your mouse but can´t use it. I´ve seen on the Opencore instalation guide that you have to add specific entries on "Propertree" inside your config.plist but I don´t know how to do that. I already have three kexts for fixing this. I haven´t put them together in my EFI folder as I read in some other place that you just have to put in one at the same time.

I would apreciate some help, as I´ve nearly achieved it guys!!!! Thanks so much in advance :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your OC folder, so we can see what you are using.

Also provide copies of the three trackpad kexts you have sourced, separately from the OC folder.

heineken92

macOS
l.png
Sin título.png

So I added the 7th and 8th line in propertree, just thought I had to do that cause I didn´t have a clue of what to do, and also the previous kexts where written like that. Still not booting. I only used these two, not three. My fault.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You might want to add USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.7 to your /OC/Kexts folder and a corresponding entry in your config.plist.

Have you added the -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the Nvidia GPU?
Do you have the XhciPortLimit quirk enabled?

The two images above tell me very little.

So are you going to post a copy of your OC folder or the three kexts, no?

heineken92

macOS
1.png
2.png
3.png

Two first ones are the version of the trackpad and the last one is the OC folder I have in my USB stick. Not very sure if that´s what you need.

Also:

1. I added -wegnoegpu
2. Xport is enabled
3. I´ll try USB inject know

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Attach a zipped copy of your OC folder to a post here, not a screen snip, but a copy of your OC folder.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I will have a look at this later today and let you know if it needs changing.

heineken92

macOS
Maybe it has something to do with XOSI, I have no idea of what that means but I saw it on the OPENCORE guide. It said sometimes you have to change something to XOSI. Again, I haven´t got a clue of what that is.

heineken92

macOS
BUENA 1.png
BUENA 2.png

My keyboard is PS/2 and I guess my trackpad too. Because I get two options, one says HID and the other one PS/2. Just to give you more information.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What you saw was in reference to SSDT-XOSI.aml and an accompanying ACPI > patch - Change _OSI to XOSI. The patch needs to be added to the /OC/config.plist for the SSDT-XOSI.aml to work. It is a common fix used to help macOS recognise the laptop as if it were running a version of Windows.

Can you post a screenshot showing Device Manager > Mouse/Trackpad > Properties > Drivers

heineken92

macOS
What you saw was in reference to SSDT-XOSI.aml and an accompanying ACPI > patch - Change _OSI to XOSI. The patch needs to be added to the /OC/config.plist for the SSDT-XOSI.aml to work. It is a common fix used to help macOS recognise the laptop as if it were running a version of Windows.

Can you post a screenshot showing Device Manager > Mouse/Trackpad > Properties > Drivers

I get 2 mouses in device properties. I send the two.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK, having the two device entries could be because you have a separate/external mouse plugged in to the laptop, yes or no?

It could also be that your laptop has been set with the two different mouse/trackpad devices, that can be connected via HID or PS2 controller.

The PS2 device is likely to need to use VoodooPS2Controller.kext to work in macOS.

The HID device is likely to need to use the VoodooI2C kexts in macOS. From looking at the Support page for the laptop it appears that the Windows 10 driver is for an Intel I2C (HID) device. There is no driver available for download from the MSI site for a PS2 device.

It is never wise to have two kexts or sets of kexts trying to activate the same device, as that will just lead to unnecessary problems when booting or using the macOS installer.

heineken92

macOS
OK, having the two device entries could be because you have a separate/external mouse plugged in to the laptop, yes or no?

It could also be that your laptop has been set with the two different mouse/trackpad devices, that can be connected via HID or PS2 controller.

The PS2 device is likely to need to use VoodooPS2Controller.kext to work in macOS.

The HID device is likely to need to use the VoodooI2C kexts in macOS. From looking at the Support page for the laptop it appears that the Windows 10 driver is for an Intel I2C (HID) device. There is no driver available for download from the MSI site for a PS2 device.

It is never wise to have two kexts or sets of kexts trying to activate the same device, as that will just lead to unnecessary problems when booting or using the macOS installer.
Thanks for replying! I don´t have any other mouse connected so it´s a bit strange. It must be the second option you´re talking about. Ive tried the VoodooI2C and wasn´t working, so you suggest me to delete the VoodooPS2 and use the VoodooI2C with come other plugin I guess, no? Do i have to put them in any specific order? I also dont know if I should do this XOSI thing, I read your answer but honestly I wouldn´t know how to do it. In dortanias open core guide when you press in manual install it´s very hard to understand how to do it (at least for me).

Thanks in advance!!!

heineken92

macOS
Okay so I put in the VoodooI2C and now my OC folder looks like this. I put the VoodooCHID inside the plugins, I don´t know if that´s correct. I also just created one entry in propertree, kernel (VoodooI2C) and didn´t create one for the plugins. Should I create more for the plugins??

I add a pic of propertree.
aaaaaa.png
I hope you get what i´m saying. I´m a bit new to all of this.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Here is an OC folder for you to try, it is based on OpenCore 0.6.9.

I have used the MSI specification, support and other information for your GF75 Thin laptop when configuring this OC folder. I have changed some SSDT's, kexts and some entries in the config.plist. I have cleaned up the config.plist, removing any unnecessary placeholder entries that your system doesn't need.

Try it and see where it gets you.

If you have a kernel panic and the boot process stalls, take a photo and post it here, so I can see what is happening, or not as the case may be.

Attachments

heineken92

macOS
G
Here is an OC folder for you to try, it is based on OpenCore 0.6.9.

I have used the MSI specification, support and other information for your GF75 Thin laptop when configuring this OC folder. I have changed some SSDT's, kexts and some entries in the config.plist. I have cleaned up the config.plist, removing any unnecessary placeholder entries that your system doesn't need.

Try it and see where it gets you.

If you have a kernel panic and the boot process stalls, take a photo and post it here, so I can see what is happening, or not as the case may be.
Hello, I tried it and now it doesn´t get to the screen with the mouse. I used it without

1. EC enabler
2. Hibernation
3. Brightnesskey

and then it got to the mouse point. Just to clarify, there are many GF75 thin with diferent specs, so my specs are:

It´s just so strange I can´t even use the trackpad. I´ve also tried with a USB mouse but with no luck, I wouldn´t mind having to use an external mouse, so should I use another specific kext for it like PS\2?

bbb.png
bbbbbb.png

Latest posts