No bluetooth adapter found with Fenvi wifi card

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Zotac NVIDIA 780 amp! edition
Hello, I've just installed the wifi card Fenvi FV-T919 (this is the link https://it.aliexpress.com/item/4000125292164.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.60a64c4dxCXWmC), it is a dual band PCI-E 802.11AC BCM94360CD.
Wifi is working out of box but the bluetooth is not recognized at all, I can't even open the bluetooth sharing menu due to an error window ("no bluetooth adapter found").
Everything seems ok in the wifi menus, I have mapped my usb ports so I have no usbportlimit patch or usbinjectall kext - I've red somewhere bluetooth works with usbinjectall kext.
Any help? Thank you very much

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Bluetooth works when a cable is connected from the PCIe card to a spare USB header port.

Obviously the USB header port needs to be configured/activated in your mapped USB port configuration.

To which USB port is the Blue connected?

If you look at the USB tab in Hackintool, your Bluetooth module should be listed, against one of the Internal Header ports, as shown in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 16.44.47.png

If the Bluetooth module is not showing, then it will be because of one of these reasons:
  1. You haven't connected the PCIe card to a USB port.
  2. The USB port the cable is connected to is not configured as one of the 15 ports in your Usb port configuration.
  3. Your PCIe card is defective, and the Bluetooth module doesn't work.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
The card cable is connected to a USB header, I've double checked it, same header where it was connected internal card reader, mapped through hackintool and working. I guess that header is the white one in the picture (HS09).
No way I can configure all USBs again in hackintool if the PCIe card is not showed?
Schermata 2020-06-22 alle 18.56.35.png

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Not sure if you are correct about the Bluetooth being connected to HS09. I would expect the Bluetooth module name to be shown if it was. Could as easily be connected to one of the five in-active USB ports HS03, HS04, HS12, HS13 or HS14.

First I would check that the USB header connection from the Fenvi card is fully seated in the Motherboard's header port. Then I would do the following to troubleshoot this issue:
  1. I would look at removing the SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext you created from your CLOVER folder, set it aside for possible reuse later.
  2. Ensure the USB rename patch for XHCI to XHC is active in your config.plist.
  3. Ensure the Catalina USB port limit patches (there are two of them) are active in your config.plist.
  4. Ensure you have USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  5. Reboot the system and see what Hackintool shows for the Bluetooth USB port.
All of your USB ports should be active if you do the above.

I have attached a config.plist that contains the USB rename patch (you only need the XHCI patch) and the two USB port limit patches, in case you need them. Just copy and paste them from the attached config to your current working config.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Ok, that's the fact:
-I tried out another USB header on motherboard, where were connected 2 frontal case USB 2.0: PCIe card is properly recognized into hackintool and bluetooth is working now (with new usbports.kext freshly mapped)
-the frontal USBs 2.0 header is now connected on the header where I was trying the bluetooth cable: only 1 usb port 2.0 is working - previously on this header there was connected internal card reader, which was working properly

I don't get if this header is somehow failing or there is any difference among USB header about power delivery - sad enough my MB has 2 internal USB headers only
Schermata 2020-06-23 alle 08.46.49.png

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
I was thinking about the usbports.kext not configured properly, so I tried all your suggestions with usbinjectall + patches to start again from the scratch: it doesn't work, at all, it's weird enough

-replaced usbports.kext with usbinjectall.kext
-added the patches in config.plist
-checked xhci to hxc_, there's in config

When I reboot I can't use keyboard or mice in any usb port, in hackintool it's like usbports.kext is loaded from nowhere (I haven't ssdt-uiac or any other ssdt for usb enabling)
Schermata 2020-06-23 alle 08.59.14.png

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Revert to your previous setup, where the Bluetooth, keyboard and mouse were all working and identified correctly.

If you are having issues with one of the motherboard USB2 headers not being activated, you may want to have a look at purchasing one of these USB header splitters - https://www.amazon.co.uk/ILS-Header...592913994&sprefix=USB+header+s,aps,129&sr=8-7

I currently use a few of these splitters in my hack's, to increase the number of 9-pin header ports available. All you need to do is make sure the two ports on the header on the motherboard are active in your USBPorts.kext and then the splitter will enable you to connect up to four header connectors (acts just like an external hub) to the single header on the motherboard.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Just a thought, you need to make sure you only have the one USBPorts.kext being used by the system, injected by Clover or as part of the kernel cache and installed to your /Library/Extensions folder.

Do not have the kext in both locations.

Make sure it is the correct USBPorts.kext that activates the motherboard header port, which the Bluetooth connects through.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Thank you very much, this splitter is something I definitely need!

Anyway I'm still trying to map again a fresh usbports.kext - I know there's something missing there - starting from usbinjectall and usb port limit patches: I don't know where I'm going wrong (there are no kexts in /L/E/), everytime I delete usbports.kext and install usbinjectall + patches in config all usb ports doesn't work

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Do you have a copy of the XHC- unsupported.kext installed as well? This is essential for a 300 series system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You don’t use your custom USBPorts.kext alongside USBInjectAll.kext, do you?

I assume you remove the USBInjectAll.kext when you add the custom USBPorts.kext. That you also disabled the two USB port limit patches at the same time, so there isn’t a clash between these kext s and patches.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Yes, I do all the things you said - and I don't use usbports.kext + usbinjectall.kext together

I pasted the whole Clover folder from the usb installer, which hasn't usb ports configured, but I have the problem again.

I even tried to inject in the final usbports.kext the missing deleted entries again through hackintool option "inject", but it doesn't work

I don't really know how to restore usb ports
Schermata 2020-06-25 alle 11.12.13.png

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Finally I've installed the usb header splitter you linked me and it works like a charm, BUT I'm still going crazy to get all the usb ports restored previously the usbports.kext, cause now I need to map again all of them (2 usbs don't work)

I'm trying old CLOVER folders you you compiled for me, like the attached one, and everytime something goes wrong:
-most of the times in hackintool there are only HS ports, no SS
-in hackintool there are only 15 ports numbered, there are many missing ports of my motherboard - there are the 2 patches limit in config

I've also double checked Library>Extensions folder, I don't install anything there anyway, and if there were some USBports.kext left somewhere: it's all clean, that's why I don't understand how I can restore the very first status of usbs simply with usbinjectall and port limits removal patches
Schermata 2020-07-03 alle 15.22.10.png

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Somehow I finally achieved the complete usb ports restore! I had to use CLOVER folder provided by Hackintosher in the guide to create usb installer for Catalina, had to tweak for my motherboard and usbinjectall works properly.
So I can map again them through hackintool, having all ports working.
Only this stupid issue which I had even before sometimes: front usb ports 3.0 in the case are not stable, if I put an external drive 3.0 looses connection, while in front 2.0 it works properly. Any suggestion?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Your USBPorts.kext is activating 16 ports. The limit is 15 ports. So you need to drop one more port to keep within the 15 port limit.

macOS is automatically dropping port SS06, as it is the port that exceeds the 15 port limit. If this is a port you want to use, then you need to drop one of the others. The activated ports are shown in the IOReg screenshot below:

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 17.59.08.png IOReg screenshot with XHC controller & active USB ports displayed

Check which port is the problematic one on the front case. It may be it has been defined incorrectly and this is causing the intermittent problem with the external USB3 drive.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 17.47.28.png Screenshot showing your USB ports in the USBPorts.kext you created.

You have 4 No USB ports set as USB2 connector, but your motherboard only has a pair of external USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate. I would check that the ports you have defined as USB2 are not really just the USB2 ports from a couple of your USB3 ports. If they are they should be defined as USB3.

You only have two Interal header ports active, is this correct? Your motherboard has two USB2 header ports, which support a total of four ports (two to each header). Should two of the ports defined as USB2 actually be defined as Internal?

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
So, quick recap:
-I have 9 usb ports total: 4 front panel (2 usb 2.0 + 2 usb 3.0), 4 rear (2 usb 2.0 + 2 usb 3.0), 1 rear usb c;
-my motherboard has 2 usb headers: I splitted 1 header to connect internal card reader + bluetooth from wifi card through this https://www.amazon.co.uk/ILS-Header...592913994&sprefix=USB+header+s,aps,129&sr=8-7, on the other one (not the splitted one) there's plugged usb cable for frontal usb ports

I would check that the ports you have defined as USB2 are not really just the USB2 ports from a couple of your USB3 ports
I'm pretty sure there are no mistakes here, but I will double check. I know for sure the frontal usb 2.0 are defined as USB2 (my mistake), while I should set them as Internal.

My question:
should I give up on 1 usb port to not exceed the limit of 15 or should I connect even the last usb cable on the header split aswell?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Keeping within the 15 port limit is essential. Otherwise you will find that port SS06 will never be usable.

I have a similar setup but use the header port splitter for the front USB2 and card reader. I rarely use both at the same time.

I keep the Bluetooth connected directly to a USB header on the motherboard. When set up like this you only need to activate one of the two USB ports on the Bluetooth header. This would mean you stay within the 15 port limit, without losing one of the other ports.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Now I reached 15 ports, had to play a bit with all headers combinations, cause it seems one of the 2 headers on motherboard receive different energy amount (usbinjectall + usb patches installed): if I connect
-bluetooth cable= BT doesn't work
-frontal usb cable= only 2.0 work
-card reader (which has only SD and microSD ports)= it works properly

Discovered the combination, I connected
card reader directly on the single header on motherboard
bluetooth and frontal usb on usb header splitter

It seems I have still the same intermittent issue with frontal usb 3.0 o_O

Attachments