No on board sound - requires shutdown to fix

macOS
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
With my Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 hackintosh build running High Sierra 10.13.3, if I don't shut down OS X properly (e.g. turn off power), then when I reboot OS X the on board sound from the mobo does not work (using output 'headphones/out socket'). I have to use sound through the monitor using Displayport or HDMI. However many restarts I perform does not fix the problem. I have to shut the machine down, then switch it on and the sound works thereafter. The same thing happens if I boot into Windows and restart the machine and boot into OS X from Clover. The computer requires a shutdown and switch on to fix it. Does anyone have this problem? I followed the Hackintosher sound guide and am using Devices/Audio/Inject2 which is the only one that works for me. Cheers.

macOS
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
I noticed that if I restart from Ubuntu and select OS X in Clover, the on board sound works fine in OS X. However, if I restart from Windows 10 and select OS X in Clover, the on board sound does not work until I shut the machine down, then start it up.

Hackintosher

Administrator
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i3-8100
GPU
UHD 630 Graphics
Yes, this is a known hackintosh drawback. If you are in Windows you must shutdown and then boot as restarting with cause audio to not function.

I do know that some hackintoshers have claimed that if they uninstall the audio drivers in Windows and simply use the basic audio drivers Windows 10 provides that the problem goes away for them. So that may be worth trying, but that didn't work for me on my Ryzen hackintosh.

macOS
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
Thanks very much for the information! I guess I could try that but the additional sound drivers are more optimised for Windows so it would seem a shame to uninstall them.