macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
Core i7
GPU
Asus 1060
Thank you again for your answer !!:)

Result of my test with a DP-HDMI adapter : HDMI audio OK, but resolution only at 30 Hz instead of 60 Hz before; with the adapter I have lost HDMI 2.0... I think...
I hope that soon there will be a kext or a patch to solve the problem of the HDMI audio on Nvidia pascal cards...

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Intel S2600CP2
CPU
2x Xeon E5-2500L
GPU
GTX770
Hello. Do I need anything else (like another kext) to get it working?

I copied NvidiaGraphicsFixup + FakePCIID + the new kext from the HDAUID into Clover's kext/Others but I still cannot see HDMI audio as a output option in sound settings.

This is a fresh install of the OS.

Thanks a lot!

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Hello. Do I need anything else (like another kext) to get it working?

I copied NvidiaGraphicsFixup + FakePCIID + the new kext from the HDAUID into Clover's kext/Others but I still cannot see HDMI audio as a output option in sound settings.

This is a fresh install of the OS.

Thanks a lot!
You'd also need Lilu.kext as it's a dependency of NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU
Zotac GeForce GT 730 GPU (2 GB)
Apple removed support for many NVIDIA audio devices in 10.13.4. Adding it back cleanly without patching binaries is possible with a FakePCIID injector kext.
  • If required, install Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext for HDMI audio properties
  • Install FakePCIID.kext if not already installed
  • Download and run the HDAUID app (attached to this post)
  • Choose a supported NVIDIA device ID to spoof
  • Install the injector kext that gets created on the desktop
Will Nvdia GeForce GT 730 Graphics work for HDMI audio in High Sierra 10.13.4 (latest)?
Where to place Lilu.kext and NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and FakePCIID.kext?Where to place FakePCID_NVIDIA_HDALI.kext?
Will simply placing the kexts activate HDMI audio in NVidia GT -730 in High Sierra 10.13.4? shall I have to change AppleHDA. kext? where from shall I get it. I have created the High Sierra installer with UniBeast.

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU
Will Nvdia GeForce GT 730 Graphics work for HDMI audio in High Sierra 10.13.4 (latest)?
Where to place Lilu.kext and NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and FakePCIID.kext?Where to place FakePCID_NVIDIA_HDALI.kext?
Will simply placing the kexts activate HDMI audio in NVidia GT -730 in High Sierra 10.13.4? shall I have to change AppleHDA. kext? where from shall I get it. I have created the High Sierra installer with UniBeast.

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
3 ways without modifying AppleHDA kext:
  1. SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED + FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_NVIDIA_HDAU.kext (does not affect other audio devices / methods)
  2. Lilu + AppleALC (supports various built-in audio devices not just HDMI audio)
  3. Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup + FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_NVIDIA_HDAU.kext (does not affect other audio devices / methods)
Choose which fits best with your existing configuration, any existing audio methods for built-in audio, existing kexts...

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
GPU
Where shall I keep the kexts in the 2nd and 3rd ways in High Sierra 10.13.4?: Shall I keep them in Other folder inside Kexts of clover folder or keep those on Patched folder of ACPI?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Place them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, with Inject Kexts 'yes' in your clover config.plist.

The only thing that should be placed in EFI/CloverACPI/Patched is patched SSDT's or your patched DSDT. Do not place anything else in this folder. If you haven't patched your DSDT then do not place/copy it to Patched.

sakis697

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
GPU
Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 2GB WindForce OC
Volume keys from keyboard works?

macOS
Mobo
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
Coffee Lake i7-8700k
GPU
UHD 630 / Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX
Worked. Awesome! 10.13.4 broke HDMI audio for my 1070 and it didn't work on 10.13.5 either. Now I'm a happy hackintosher again.

Edit: HDMI Audio gone after sleep/restart. :( Going to try deleting everything and reinstalling this fake kext. But having to do everything after ever sleep/restart is annoying.

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
But having to do everything after ever sleep/restart is annoying.
It is not necessary to delete everything and reinstall the injector after sleep/restart. If you upload a copy of IOReg we might see what is going on.

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
What should I be looking at in IOReg? Do I save the whole thing?
You have various HDMI audio methods installed. AppleALC.kext + HDMIAudio.kext are not necessary. Your built-in audio is working via CodecCommander. NVIDIA HDMI audio should work with:

• FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_NVIDIA_HDAU.kext
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
  • AppleHDA.kext, attached in case you modified it somehow (otherwise ignore)

Attachments

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
CPU
Coffee Lake i7-8700k
GPU
I've followed the guides from this site, think that's why I have AppleALC and HDMIAudio kexts. :unsure:

I'll delete those and give it a try.

Edit: I deleted AppleALC.kext and HDMIAudio.kext. Now I don't have any audio devices. Build-in audio does not work with CodecCommander. NVidia HDMI is not working either.

Edit2: Ok this is weird. I can't get audio to work now at all. Even if I restore my backed up kexts. They worked before. o_O

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
I've followed the guides from this site, think that's why I have AppleALC and HDMIAudio kexts. :unsure:

I'll delete those and give it a try.

Edit: I deleted AppleALC.kext and HDMIAudio.kext. Now I don't have any audio devices. Build-in audio does not work with CodecCommander. NVidia HDMI is not working either.

Edit2: Ok this is weird. I can't get audio to work now at all. Even if I restore my backed up kexts. They worked before. o_O
Attach a new IOReg and a copy of SSDT-HDMI-etc.AML i might be able to help.

Also if you could run this command
Code:
sudo kextcache -v 3 -i / > ~/Desktop/kextcache.txt 2>&1
and upload 'kextcache.txt' that gets created on your desktop

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
There are more kexts installed than before. Try with only these (Lilu way):
FakeSMC.kext + sensors
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

Lilu.kext
Shiki.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext

CodecCommander.kext

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Coffee Lake i7-8700k
GPU
Yea I restored a backup, which was working before. I'll try with only those you listed and report back.

Edit: Now audio works! And NVidia HDMI works too. Thanks for the help! I don't get why it didn't with those other kexts. They shouldn't have anything to do with audio, right?

Only issue now is my mouse end keyboard not working after wake from sleep. I have to unplug and reconnect them. They are connected to my monitor's USB, which is connected to the back of my PC.

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Edit: Now audio works! And NVidia HDMI works too. Thanks for the help! I don't get why it didn't with those other kexts. They shouldn't have anything to do with audio, right?
Glad it is working now. Maybe built in audio is via AppleALC and CodecCommander is doing something else. For future reference -
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup will rename devices to GFX?,HDAU and inject the HDMI audio properties
  • AppleALC will patch AppleHDA on the fly to work with your NVIDIA audio device, it also supports many built-in audio devices
  • You need both + Lilu.kext dependency doing it this way.
Other kexts e.g. HDMIAudio.kext might stop the above from working. You should be able to remove your SSDT-HDMI to simplify your configuration further - NvidiaGraphicsFixup does the same on-the-fly.

Only issue now is my mouse end keyboard not working after wake from sleep.
I get this sometimes, probably ACPI related - so either OEM DSDT needs fixing or Clover's fixes are breaking something.