Administrator
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i3-8100
GPU
UHD 630 Graphics
I thought it would be a good idea to post this since currently on High Sierra 10.13.3 Nvidia Web Drivers are all messed up where they are causing lag and poor performance.

Use this guide whenever Nvidia Web Drivers arren't released for a new version of macOS or when the drivers arn't performing properly, to either revert to an older version of Nvidia Web Drivers if you have them already installed an upgraded to a new version of macOS or you did a fresh install of macOS.

There are two methods in this guide following which one is revelant to you.
  • Updating from an earlier version
  • Fresh Installation

Updating from an earlier version:

If you already have an older version of the Nvidia Web Drivers installed that you were using before you updated you can reenable them in the new version of macOS by doing the following:
  1. Open Terminal
  2. Paste/Type the following into Terminal: sudo nano /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  3. Enter Password
  4. Find <key>NVDARequiredOS</key> by scrolling down or using search with ⌘f
  5. Replace build number with yours between the <string></string> below <key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
  6. Press Ctrl+x on your keyboard to open save prompt
  7. Press Y
  8. Enter to save
  9. Paste/Type into Terminal:
    Code:
    sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    sudo kextcache -system-caches
  10. Restart Hackintosh

Fresh installation of Web Drivers:

For those doing a fresh installation of macOS or who have properly uninstalled the bad web drivers you can install older web drivers using two different methods.

To save you some time if you are using version 10.13.3 you would want to these Web Drivers: 10.13.2 -378.10.10.10.25.103 (17C89) as the drop in replacement.

Automatic Method:

The first way is with a simple automatic script that does everything for installing the old web driver in one line and modifying the build validation string on the second line.

How to install Nvidia Web Drivers with webdriver.sh on a Hackintosh

Manual Method:

If you want to do everything by yourself. CorpNewt created a detailed guide walking through the steps of what needs to be changed.

Nvidia Web Drivers And You - A Patching Guide for Update Survival • r/hackintosh

Last edited:

Cruality

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
I did a fresh install on 10.13.3 with the newer drivers. I have no problem, probably lucky :)

milton

macOS
Mobo
z370 aorus gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU
gtx 1050ti
First off....YOU ROCK! thanks for all of the tutorials and info on the sweet build.

My question is:

How do I perform a proper uninstall of the bad 10.13.3 387.10.10.10.25.156 driver. I clicked the uninstall button in nvidia manager but can not seem to get the 10.13.2 driver to take.
I am able to install the 10.13.2 using youre directions thru terminal but I get the half loaded bar at the apple screen then blackness when I reboot.

I have tried loading the 10.13.2 driver with SIP enabled, disabled etc but nothing seems to work. I do get a message in Terminal that asks if I want to "Modify driver to work with current os" not sure if I am supposed to say yes or no (ive tried both).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am running your build almost exactly as far as mother board, CPU go with your EFI file.

Latest posts