OC Big Sur not recognizing Intel HD Graphics 3000

namux

macOS
I have successfully been able to install Big Sur on my very old hardware. Gigabyte GA-768 XP-UD4 rev 1.0 motherboard with a Sandy Bridge i7 2600K cpu. Through some trial and error and the dortania guide, I was able to eventually install and boot up Big Sur. The problem is no matter what AAPL, snb-platform-id I use, Big Sur seems to only see it as HD Graphics 2000. I've tried many different ID's but I have had no luck. Would anyone be able to look at my OC directory to see if there is anything that might help? Thank you so much in advance for any help offerred.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Catalina didn't recognise the HD3000 graphics OOB, so why would you expect Big Sur to recognise this IGPU. Native support for these Sandy Bridge IGPU's was removed with the release of Mojave.

People using these old IGPU's have had to apply Legacy Graphics patches since Mojave. Big Sur is no different in that respect. Even real Macs that use these old CPU's need to patch the graphics for them to work, without any Metal support, in the most recent versions of macOS.

Here is a link to a Github page with links for using this IGPU in Mojave and Catalina - https://github.com/chris1111/Fix-Graphics-HD-3000-Mojave-10.14

I don't see any mention of Big Sur on the page. Maybe the Catalina patch works with Big Sur, maybe not?

You might be better served using a supported discrete GPU and disabling the IGPU if you already have or plan to install Big Sur.

namux

macOS
Thank for the reply. I did not realize the HD3000 support was removed in Mojave and up. This also was not clear to me from the Dortania guide so I aimlessly tried different platform ids.

Thank you for the link, I will give it a try. The discrete GPU is definitely on its way but I did not want to spend the money until I could prove I could get the system upgraded. Thanks again.