Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel HD 4000 / AMD Radeon 7570M
Hey, @Edhawk, hope you are doing well :)
I Tried Opencore bootloader and somehow managed to get it booting into macos.
The graphic acceleration is working fine, however, the macOS animations are super laggy, it also takes a lot of time to open up
applications and the overall os is running very slow.

Can you help?
I'm linking my OC EFI folder.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I’m running the latest Opencore 0.6.2

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Red, Questions:

Your Clover/ACPI/patched folder and OC/ACPI folders are different, while I expected the DSDT to be omitted from the /OC/ACPI folder I didn't expect all the others to be omitted. Below is a screenshot showing the two folders, top one being your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 15.58.31.png

Surely the other SSDT's should also be present in your /OC/ACPI folder? Assuming they were required for your laptop to boot successfully with Clover.

Also having looked at the start of your /OC/config.plist and checked the DSDT in your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder, I believe you need to add another to the /OC/ACPI folder. Namely SSDT-IMEI-S.aml , which would add the IMEI device as it is not present in your DSDT.

This would make your /OC/ACPI folder look like this:

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 16.05.49.png

The additional SSDT's need to be included in the /OC/config.plist for them to be used.

The Two Drop Table entries should be enabled for your Ivy Bridge CPU. They are currently disabled. As even with SSDT-PM.aml your system can have issues with the AppleCPUPowerManagement process if the two tables are not dropped.

Can you confirm which Laptop you have, Dell, HP, Sony etc. As some fixes are specific to different manufacturers settings.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Just realised that you were using -wegnogpu boot argument in place of the SSDT-DGPU_OFF.aml. So this SSDT is not required.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The SMBIOS Serial number, MLB, Rom and SystemUUID are not the same in your Clover config and your OC config.

Are you able to use the Apple Services such as iMessages, iCloud etc with the OC settings?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have created a revised OpenCore folder for your Ivy Bridge laptop. Will attach it to a PM. I have run the Sanity Check against the revised config and it raised an issue with the use of the battery management kext. Text below from Sanity check, full Sanity check attached as PDF.

SMCBatteryManager.kext Please ensure your battery has been properly patched to 8bits, otherwise this can cause issues

This is more relevant with OC as a patched DSDT, where the battery fixes usually reside, is not used.

Other than this battery issue and a query raised about the Misc>Security>ScanPolicy setting the revised OC config checks out ok.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Thanks for the replies Edhawk!

So regarding SSDT, My opencore setup was booting fine with the ssdt‘s that i had in my OC/Acpi folder. I think i had some unnecessary ssdt’s in my clover folder.
i read this guide for ssdt about what the different ssdt’s mean.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Regarding Drop tables, i will drop them in clover and then make ssdt.aml from ssdtprgen tool.

I have a dell Inspiron 14z 5423 ultrabook laptop with Intel 3gen Ivy Bridge CPU.

Regarding DSDT, The Dortania Opencore guide that i followed says that your patched DSDT shouldn’t be there in your OC folder. I made SSDT-EC and SSDT-HPET from SSDTTime tool, which requires your dsdt in order to make those ssdt’s.

I’m able to use icloud services in Clover, but when i have to test OC, i disable my wifi so my hack doesn’t connect to icloud. When i get a perfectly working OC, then i’ll make a new Serial number for it.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK, try the OC folder I have provided in the PM and let me know how you get on. We can change or delete the SSDT's if necessary.