OS X 10.14.3 & Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 BIOS F12C

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
Upgraded my Hackintosh in the last fews days with 10.14.3 update, which went smoothly with no USB or sound issues (am just using the current USB kext patch)! A pleasant surprise!!

I upgraded the BIOS on my Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 from F11 to F12C and the newer BIOS does not boot up OS X (in either default or custom configuration), it starts to boot OS X but the white progress bar gets slower and slower and it just hangs eventually. Tried reflashing it a few times but made no difference. F12C does seem to boot up windows and linux ok though. Anyone else tried this BIOS update?

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
If you followed some of the earlier guides, you may have a kext conflict. I had the same thing happen when I upgraded my kexts. Shiki & IntelGraphicsFixUp have both merged with Whatevergreen, so if you have Whatevergreen 1.2.1 or above you need to delete Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixUp kexts from your kexts folder (if you have them). If this isn't the issue you'd need to upload your Clover folder for some other ppl to look at - perhaps start a new thread as this is off topic and provide more detailed information about the problem.

Last edited:

bubbleg5

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
GTX 1060
If you followed some of the earlier guides, you may have a kext conflict. I had the same thing happen when I upgraded my kexts. Shiki & IntelGraphicsFixUp have both merged with Whatevergreen, so if you have Whatevergreen 1.2.1 or above you need to delete Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixUp kexts from your kexts folder (if you have them). If this isn't the issue you'd need to upload your Clover folder for some other ppl to look at.
yes I have updated Whatevergreen to the latest version...
removed both, but always goes into black screen halfway through loading

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
Ok I have no idea why it is not working.

bubbleg5

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
GTX 1060
Does it work on BIOS F11 for you?
I don't want to take advantage of your availability, but could you send me your EFI folder?

Latest posts