geirisk8

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte H370N WiFi
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX580
My hackintosh is running smoothly on i7 8700k, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD for OS and RX580 graphics.

I work with photography and videography. Lightroom, Photoshop and Final Cut run fine. However, I cannot open .jpg files in finder, at all. If I double click, preview opens but is unresponsive so I can't open the file. If I press space for quicklook, it just loads forever and never shows the file.

What could be the issue here?

Video files play fine in quicklook.

Attachments

Manu13480

macOS
Mobo
MSI B250M PRO-VDH
CPU
I7-7000
GPU
Sapphire Radeaon RX580 Pulse 8go

douirc

macOS
Mobo
ASUS PRIME Z270-P
CPU
GPU
ASRock Vega 64
Look over here Manu

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...ick-look-and-preview-issues-in-mojave/?page=8

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier lol, I assumed it was a generic bug with Mojave and was not happy when it wasn't fixed in 10.14.1.
a little further clarification please. the download takes me to a GitHub page where it downloads a folder with 2 subs, NoVPAJpeg and NoVPAJpeg.xcodeproj. do I open the lilu kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and copy/paste the 2 subfolders inside it? the main page of the thread says to just add it as a kext to the folder but I don't know how to convert what I downloaded from a folder into a kext.

thanks for the additional guidance!

PliSsK

macOS
Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
You download NoVPAJpeg.v2.RELEASE.zip from:

https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases

You only use NoVPAJpeg.kext, and stick that in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder. Ignore the .kext.dSYM file. You could also put it locally like in the thread but I'd do the above.

Only ever download the 'release' version of the kext. Then you don't have to create a file yourself from source code; and it's only ever .kexts that go in the 'efi/clover/kexts/other' folder so whenever you download a kext zip file and you unzip it and it contains 2 files, only use the .kext file.

Last edited:

douirc

macOS
Mobo
ASUS PRIME Z270-P
CPU
GPU
ASRock Vega 64
thanks for the link. sadly, didn't work. preview working fine for PDF's but not for jpeg.

macOS
Mobo
B85M-D3H
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-4670K
GPU
AMD RX580 8G
This is not a BUG. Apple uses Intel GPUs to hard-decode JPEGs since Mojave, so these GPUs must be activated correctly even if it is never connected to any monitor. Try to activate your own intel GPU other than disabling it would be the better choice considering the compatibility in the coming future :)

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI (BCM94352Z / 04X6020)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-8400
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX570 ITX
Tried and tested on my 10.14.1 system with dedicated RX570.

1) In the BIOS set iGPU to Auto
2) In Clover configure iGPU as per Hackintosher guide for HD630
3) In Clover disable NoVPAJpeg.kext if you enabled
4) Test and WOOOOhhhhhh; send a like to leonhong