Miii

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyt z270x UG
CPU
i7 7700K
GPU
MSI AirBoost Vega 64
Have anyone tried to install Catalina beta?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It is still only available to the Apple Developers. Apple haven't released a beta for the Public to try, yet.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have the public Beta running on a spare SSD in my iMac1 system, installed it last Friday. Fairly easy install, direct from my Mojave drive. No changes required to Clover or EFI Folder, just continued to use the EFI Folder on my Mojave drive. So now I can choose which OS to boot when I arrive at the Clover Boot Screen.

Not sure there is anything ultra special in Catalina that will make me update my Mojave installation, but this is an early beta and Apple are likely to change things before the GM is released in September. Apple are trying to make Catalina more media centred, not sure about the change of name for iTunes, new name is Music! Not that it works that well at the moment. This was the App that gave rise to the most issues when I was setting it up with my 76GB music library.

If people want to run the beta then just make sure you have updated your Clover installation, have the latest versions of Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen.kext. You also need to have your USB ports mapped using a custom SSDT or Kext, as there are no USB port limit patches, not that I have seen.

Personally I would recommend installing Catalina to a Spare/separare SSD or HD so you don't mess up your existing macOS installation.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Another stupid name change is 'Trash' to 'Bin'. I also don't like the way Catalina downloads zip files to the Downloads folder, I prefer the Zip to go to the Trash and the extracted file/folder to be left in the Downloads folder.

The Beta is also having problems installing icons for apps to the Launchpad (Microsoft 365 in particular) and is borking others so they don't load the App when selected.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Everything I've read so far about Catalina and iOS 13, it' way too early for anyone other than real beta testers to tinker with. I can wait for at minimum the GM version in the future

Latest posts