Plz help, Booted up 11.4 Big Sur but no wifi or BT, requesting help from Edhawk

Mobo
ASUS Z370-E Gaming ROG Strix
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
Asus Strix gaming Radeon RX 580
Im trying to install Big Sur 11.4 because im getting a 6900xt, Im using open core this time because people can't stop going on about how amazing it is even tho I fail to see how its so good. I managed to boot up in a test drive, but I noticed I had no wifi, I had this issue last time I did a dam update ffs, once I add in the kexts and changed the config playlist as told in this video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlA81wqN5OU&t=190s
). it refuses to boot up, I get a error something about a PXSX. - here is a article about something similar here but im lost from reading it lol. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-iokit-daemon-kernelmanagerd-stall-0-240s-pxsx.303324/)

my pc specs

My Wifi Firmware is : Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.190.33 AirPortDriverBrcm4360-1408

My Mother board is a : ASUS Z370-E Gaming ROG Strix
CPU - i7 8700k
GPU rx580

ERROR.jpg

and here are my kexts
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 4.39.41 pm.png

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OpenCore is deemed to be a better bootloader because it is closer to the way a real Mac boots. without a lot of the baggage Clover incorporates.

The AirportBrcmFixup.kext issue is common for Big Sur installs.
  1. Manually removing the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext plugin from the master kext, or
  2. Setting the Plugin kext to only work up to and including macOS Catalina, are the two fixes that are normally used.
The OC config.plist fix looks like this:
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 15.40.52.png

Setting MaxKernel > String > 19.9.9 prevents the Brcm4360 injector kext from loading in Big Sur. This means the only injector kext available is the AirportBrcmNIC_injector.kext, which Big Sur uses with your Broadcom WiFi card.

Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
WOW your knowledge always amazes me lol.

ok so does this look correct? and after these changes just put it in the UFEI and clear the NVRAM And try boot up?

Attachments

Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
Boot up successfully, and have wifi but no Bluetooth , nearly nearly there. What do I need to do now ?
307D80F3-C958-44FB-96AF-89ACEA5AB6D0.jpeg

F2EC2623-CC1D-4CF1-881D-AB7FB2388028.jpeg
06964BC0-6BF1-4C1B-BE8E-A46D60EE534E.jpeg

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Check your USB config is working. Specifically your motherboard header if that is how your Bluetooth is connected.

There were a number of issues introduced by Apple that required people to recreate their USBPorts.kext or other USB config while running Big Sur.

You may also need to check whether the BrcmPatchRAM kexts you are using are current as they may need updating or the addition of a Brcm injector kext for your Bluetooth to work in Big Sur.

Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
40800795-call01-KV-asus-mb.jpeg

the 2 x 3.0 ports on the back of the board Don't work but all other ports work, including the 3.1 port and the 3.1 ports on the front IO header, but they might no be working fully because my mouse and keyboard keeps dropping out every now and then.

im going to try update my kext now as their is a slight update

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Were the 2 x USB3 (Blue) ports on there back plate explicitly excluded from your USB configuration, to keep within the 15 port limit?

dcl

Mobo
Asus Z370-ITX, -G
CPU
i7-8700
GPU
RX580, 5700
USBInjectAll.kext is intended only for short term use - long enough for you to get into the operating system and then use a real tool, like Hackintool or corpnewt's USBMap tools, to map your USB.

Once you've mapped your USB (google...but Hackintool has good details on the how) - then:
1. Your BT and Wifi will both work
2. Your USB ports (which you've identified as important) will all work for both USB2 and USB3
3. Your USB ports will all charge iphones/etc. at both 500 ma and 2.1 ma, so charge rates will greatly improve.
4. Your power managemen / sleep / wake / lowpower modes will all work properly

USB Mapping is critical. Using USBInjectAll is *just a short term solution to boot and then be able to fix via usbmapping*.

Quick gist is MacOS can only use up to 15 USB "ports" correctly.
Downside is a USB3 port (if you want it to work with USB2 also) takes up TWO of those 'ports' count.
The Asmedia or aftermarket (non-Intel) USB ports don't count against any limits and shouldn't be touched within Hackintool.

Once done you'll remove USBInjectAll, replace with USBMap.kext (which YOU just configured, via Hackintool or USBMap), and you should be OK at that point.

* To remove risk while doing this, make a seperate bootable USB stick with your current EFI config. Boot from it. Confirm it works (it should work fine b/c it's an exact copy of your SSD's EFI). Then, modify THAT and work on THAT (and keep booting from THAT) until it all works, then, once everything is confirmed, copy from that USB's EFI to your SSD's EFI.

That way if you get into a no-boot situation, you can always just remove the USB stick and boot from your SSD's EFI. Easy!

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I believe you previously mapped your USB ports. Use the previous mapping and USB discovery as your base line, assuming you want to retain use of the USB ports you previously mapped.

Are you currently using an SSDT-UIAC.aml, USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext for your USB configuration?

As you are using USBInjectAll.kext I assume if you are using any of these three it would be the SSDT-UIAC.aml. As the other two don't need that kext and one of them would show in the screenshot of your Kexts folder.

If you post a copy of the SSDT I can create a USBPorts.kext for your system.

Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
If you post a copy of the SSDT I can create a USBPorts.kext for your system.[/QUOTE]

Good news! I got everything to boot up correctly, turns out I had my USB stick plugged into the 3.0 port and it would boot up from that port.

once I installed everything all ports are working well now, so its up to you if you want to do the port mapping I linked a folder of my kexts and ACPIs.

I can't see any issues really, iMessage, airdrop, bluetooth , wifi, everything looks good.

only issue I see is if you put your computer in Sleep mode it struggles to wake up. I can hear button noises in the Lock Screen so the computer is awake but the screen does get turned on for like a minute of button mashing on the keyboard. On my last build to turn on my Hackintosh I had to press the computer on button 3 times and hit the keyboard enter button 3 times and it would wake from sleep lol (IDK why it was like this but it had to be exactly that and nothing else)

two last questions, is it ok to plug in my windows drive NVME into my second slot and boot up windows from the boot menu?

and on Monday my 6900xt arrives in the mail apparently, will it be all good to just unplug my 580 and plug in the new GPU and boot up?

dcl

Mobo
Asus Z370-ITX, -G
CPU
i7-8700
GPU
RX580, 5700
I strongly suggest you use Hackintool to get your USB ports fully working, without issue, with a working sleep and low power modes, and with full speed charging. That said, lots of people never do, and (shudder) it does keep 'working' for them....

You'll want the latest (within reason) lilu and WEG.

To add the 6900XT, you'll want to run the latest MacOS (11.4 should be fine, 11.5 is better) and you'll need agdpmod=pikera in your bootargs.

As usual, I suggest using a USB stick to make all changes, confirm that works, then copy it back to your SSD's EFI partition.

dcl

Mobo
Asus Z370-ITX, -G
CPU
i7-8700
GPU
RX580, 5700
WEG is Whatevergreen.

Hackintool fixes either OC or Clover. Nowadays everyone is using OC.

That's Hackintool all right. The guide to fixing sleep/wake IS the USB guide. It's all related. You have to fix your USB so you have under 15 ports and the ones you care about work. Flip to the USB section of Hackintool and start reading (hit the I for INFO icon in the lower left of the USB section and read...then read it again...and again...then try it).

Again, make another USB stick and boot from that for all testing, then when it's perfect, copy that to your SSD's EFI.

the pikera bit allows your 6900 to work. Without it, it won't. The 580 works without any strings, but the 5700 (and IIRC the 6x00) require it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-usb-port-configuration.286553/#post-2029768

...is the long description. IDK if I'd do ALL of that, I'd likely just wing it by using USBInjectAll and trying Hackintool immediately from there without messing with Quirks, but either way, you've got to get your USB fixed up.

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The boot argument agdpmod=pikera prevents the RX6900 XT from getting stuck at a black screen when booting macOS Big Sur. It is essential you add this boot argument to your config.plist before you install the RX6900 card. You should also look to update your system to BS 11.5 so you have all the latest drivers available for your new dGPU.

Sleep/Wake issues are common when the USB ports are not configured correctly for macOS. I would recommend you have a read and follow the guide linked above by @dcl. The guide was written by UtterDisbelief, who has done a good job of walking people through the process of creating a custom USB configuration. If you get stuck or just want things clarified we can help.

Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 7800k 3.7Ghz
GPU
Alrighty, one struggle after another today lol, got my GPU today so I decided to try update to 11.5 like you said but every time I put the latest kext into my kext folder on my USB it wouldn't boot up. the kext is the BCMpatchRAM3 latest kext is 2.6.0, I can only run 2.5.9 idk what I'm doing wrong, I changed the kext and did a OC snapshot and clean snapshot with proper tree.

so I tried booting up in 11.4 with the bootargs you two mentioned and I couldn't even get past my BIOS logo, so I tried doing a bios update from v470 to v2800 or something rather. and it booted up all good after that.
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 3.21.39 pm.png

I then went to try play ROME TOTAL WAR 2 on Mac steam and realised its 32bit and was super sad lol. why did apple have to kill 32bit ahhhh, I hope steam brings out Proton soon.

when you do testing of a OS do you partion your USB and install the testing OS on your USB? because I just install mine onto a test drive I got.

if I can update to 11.5 then ill begin the port mapping

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Installing the new OS on a test drive is the right way to do it.

Thanks for the donation, it is appreciated.