Shutdown doesn't work anymore

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Zotac NVIDIA 780 amp! edition
Hello guys, in last days I've noticed my hackintosh doesn't shutdown properly: when I try to do it, the pc freezes on desktop and I need to force shutdown directly with case button. Already checked config file and the "fix shutdown" is marked.
The only change I've done was mapping again USB (which all are working properly) and trying some stuff with NVRAM (no success tho).

Can you help me with the shutdown? Thank you very much

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Looking through your /EFI/CLOVER folder I have noticed the following issues:
  1. You have a number of .dsl and .plist files in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, taken form the SSDTTime python script 'Results' folder.
    • Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 16.53.12.png Screenshot of your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
    • The /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder should only contain patched SSDT's or a patched DSDT.aml.
    • Remove anything else present in the folder.
  2. The patches in the SSDTTime Clover patches plist are not present in your config.plist, these should be added to the config.
  3. Your config.plist names two SSDT's in the Sorted Order section, which are not present in your /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder:
    • SSDT-XOSI.aml, required for the DSDT/SSDT patch to work in your config.plist.
    • SSDT-Kaby_CoffeLake.aml, presumably used to patch the CPU.
    • Remove the SSDT-Kaby_coffeLake.aml entry from the Sorted Order section in your config.plist if the SSDT is not required.
  4. Your /CLOVER/drivers folder contains a Bios, OFF and off - unused memory drivers folder, none of which are used in your system. I would remove them.
  5. Your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder contains a number of unnecessary drivers.
    • I would remove these drivers:
    • AppleImageCodec.efi
    • AppleKeyAggregator.efi
    • AppleUITheme.efi
    • AptioInputFix.efi
    • AudioDxe.efi
    • FirmwareVolume.efi
    • UsbKbDxe.efi
    • UsbMouseDxe.efi
  6. You have a couple of unnecessary Ethernet kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
    • IntelMausi.kext
    • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    • Your motherboard contains a Realtek RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN port.
    • Remove both Intel kexts, unless you have added an Intel Ethernet PCIe card.
  7. While you are using a USBPorts.kext for your USB port configuration you are also using a 300-series motherboard. So I believe you should include XHCI-unsupported.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, so the Intel B360 USB Controller is properly identified and configured under macOS.
  8. Your Config.plist:
    • I would add, remove or change the following:
      1. Add DSDT/SSDT rename patches from SSDTTime config.plist for HPET IRQ fixes.
      2. Delete SSDT-Kaby_CoffeLake.aml from Sorted Order section
      3. Remove these boot arguments as they are for Intel IGPU not your Nvidia GTX 780 dGPU
        • -cdfon
        • igfxnohdmi
      4. Remove the 'NoDefaultProperties=true' entry Devices section
      5. Add to Scan > Custom the following:
        • Entries=true
        • Tool=true
        • Linux=true
      6. Remove 'Inject Intel=true' from Graphics section
      7. Add 'kernelPm=true' to Kexts and Kernel patches section
      8. Remove 'Inject System ID=true' from System Parameters section.
A revised CLOVER folder including the above changes is attached for you to try. See if this makes any difference to how your system works.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Thank you very much for sorting better my folder and config, I felt I have to do something like that but I was scared to delete something by myself.
Anyway, I used your attached folder but nothing changed about shutdown, it is still broken and I have to force power off pressing the case button.
Do you think the USBPorts.kext can cause the issue?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Possibly.

Some issues that can occur when creating these kexts or SSDT's is setting the USB ports with the wrong designation or USB connector type, i.e. setting a USB3 port as USB2 (0) or as an internal/Reserved port (255) or a USB2 port as USB3.

Your USBPorts.kext has the following USB connectors attached to the 14 mapped ports:

HS01 - USB3​
HS02 - USB3​
HS05 - USB3​
HS06 - USB3​
HS07 - USB2​
HS08 - USB2​
HS10 - USB2​
HS11 - USB2​
SS01 - USB3​
SS02 - USB3​
SS03 - USB3​
SS04 - Type C USB​
SS05 - USB3​
SS06 - USB3​

Having checked this I doubt the kext is correct as you have no USB Internal Header designations.

The way to troubleshoot and see if the USBPorts.kext is causing the shutdown issues is as follows:
  1. Remove the USBPorts.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/other folder, save it somewhere safe.
  2. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  3. Add the USB port limit patches to your config.plist for Catalina.
I have attached a CLOVER folder that contains the changes listed above.

Then Boot the system with the temporary fix in place see if the issue remains.

If your system boots and the same shutdown error remains, then it is very unlikely to be the USBPorts.kext causing the issue. Although it does need some further tweaking.

If the shutdown issue has been solved with the kext removed, then you need to look at recreating a new USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Ok, that's the fact: with USBInjectAll and the usb patch in the config the issue is still there. So I've replaced everything with a working EFI folder, applied all the changes you did for me, used your config file and deleted some rc scripts installed with Clover installer (when I decided to update the bootloader) and now everything seems to work again.

I don't know if it's just a stupid feeling (since I didn't install any 3rd party ethernet card), but without the 2 IntelMausi kexts internet connection isn't running smooth as always

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Glad to hear the shutdown issues were solved.

If you want me to run my eye over your current CLOVER folder post a copy here or PM me and provide a (non-public) link to it, so I can download the folder from Google Drive or another Cloud storage location.

Not sure what is happening with your Ethernet port/speed but you really shouldn't need the Intel kexts for the port to work, especially if you don't have a second Ethernet port/card installed. Your motherboard is reported to use a Realtek port, so you should only need the Realtek kext.

iceage2609

macOS
Mobo
Ga EX58 ud3R
CPU
2,67 GHz Intel Core i7
GPU
ASUS GeForce GT 710 1GB
Hi there, I don't want somehow to "pollute" this thread but I got the same issue , my hackintosh doesn't shutdown properly so any help would be appreciated . I have a very old build but replacing the working till Sierra original GPU GTX285, with the Asus GT710 help me boot into Catalina. Shutdown pretty much work as restart. Sometimes I can here the PC fans stop and then restart again, or the system hangs and then restarts.
I read that most of the times are PowerManagement or usb issues, is that right ? I run RunMeapp and attach my EFI as well (although I think it's in RunMEApp too) , as I am pretty sure things in my EFI would be messy. Can you please help me or give some advise? Thank you

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@iceage2609 Start a new thread in the Help Me forum. You have very different system to the member in this thread.

iceage2609

macOS
Mobo
Ga EX58 ud3R
CPU
2,67 GHz Intel Core i7
GPU
ASUS GeForce GT 710 1GB
@iceage2609 Start a new thread in the Help Me forum. You have very different system to the member in this thread.
Ok ok... I didn't try to highjack the thread, not my intention at all, I was just trying not to full the forum with threads with the same questions although different hacks. Fair enough. I will post a new thread, remove my post if you may.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Thank you very much, the only thing I know for sure is missing is EmuVariable driver: I was trying to enable NVRAM which is not native on my mobo, but I decided to delete everything involved, so it's all clean if you can help me with that.

I don't know about the ethernet speed or rely, it's like 90% is good and 10% not i.e. clover configurator can't reach server for updating (no firewall or something else is blocking the app). Maybe is just a temporary issue

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If the ethernet works as expected 90% of the time, I would look at the Internet connection/router or cable as being the cause of your intermittent internet issue not the ethernet kext.

The kexts and drivers in the Clover folder you have attached to post #10 are correct as far as I can tell.

So you don't need VBoxHfs.efi as already you have HFSPlus.efi, which is a better HFS driver. The way I understand thing is that the Clover team can't include the HFSPlus.efi driver in the installer as it is licensed by the developer and the VBoxHfs.efi driver has an open GNU licence, so they can include this slower less effective driver in the installer.

AptioMemoryFix.efi also is isn't required. You have FwRuntimeServices.efi, OcQuirks.efi and OcQuirks.plist, which do the same job as the Patio driver, allegedly using these files is better than the old Aptio driver.