EA196

macOS
Mobo
GIGABYTE DESIGNARE Z390
CPU
Intel i5-8600K
GPU
AMD RX 590
"[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!"

I am getting the above message on boot, and it eventually times out after about 60s and then continues to boot into macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

This was my first time hacking without the use of the beast utilities. I followed this guide with the exception of following the vanilla guide in the /r/hackintosh subreddit sidebar rather than using the beast utilities. I am fairly certain that I am using the proper Platform ID (0x3E9B0007) for my i5-8600K (I also tried 0x3E920003 originally and had the same issue). When I open up IORegistryExplorer and look at the "IGPU@2" there is no "AppleIntelFramebuffer" attached to it. It shows "IONDRVFramebuffer" instead.

I have the latest versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu installed in both the /Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folders. I have tried both the "Release" and "Debug" versions of each.

I also tried following this framebuffer patching guide. Under System Info in Hackintool, I get "IntelGen: ???", under the GPU info it says "Intel UHD Graphics 630", but under VRAM it says 0.

In BIOS, my "DVMT Pre-Alloc" is set to 64M and my "DVMT Total Gfx Mem" is set to 256M
I am using iMac18,3 as my system definition currently.

Is there something else that I am missing?
Thanks in advance!

EFI file

Hardware:
MB: Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU: Intel i5-8600K
GPU: AMD RX590 Sapphire Nitro+
RAM: G. Skill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz

Last edited:

Latest posts