Higgie

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700K
GPU
AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
Hi, firstly thanks for the great site and wealth of information! I built my Hackintosh just under a month ago, and while it is 95% of the way there, and runs pretty stable, I am having an issue with the time it takes to boot from OC to my desktop.

It's a dual boot system with these specs:

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel Core i7 10700K
32 GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz (2x16GB)
Asus RX580 8GB
Corsair RM650
Fenvi HB1200 BT/Wifi Card
Noctua NH-D15S
ADATA XPG8200 1TB NVMe SSD (MacOS)
ADATA XPG8200 1TB NVMe SSD (Windows 10)
Crucial BX200 1TB SSD (Storage)
Crucial MX500 2TB SSD (Storage)

Almost everything works. The only things I have found not to work is Sidecar, and HDMI Audio (not much of a problem as I use an Apogee Duet 2 USB interface), but it's really the boot time that I think could be quicker. When I first installed MacOS it was super quick, but now I feel like it takes an age to boot. I initially followed Technolli's guide on YouTube to get everything setup, and my install was a success on the first go.

I've tried searching the web, and reading up on as much as I can, but this is my first build ever (not just Hackintosh) and I feel like I still have a lot to learn! Hoping one of you helpful folk can take a look at my EFI and perhaps show me where I might be going wrong?

Thanks
James

Higgie

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700K
GPU
AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
Forgot to mention, the MacOS side is mainly used for Audio/Video production (Logic Pro X, Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc.) and everyday use, and the Windows side is almost exclusively for gaming, although game content creation is also something I hope to use it for in future

Higgie

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700K
GPU
AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
Ok, update - Sidecar and HDMI Audio now working, just the boot time to fix :)

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
I am on a different board (Z490 Gaming X) also built about a month ago. At first I used EFI from his generic 10th gen video. It all worked fine but...

I decided I wanted to try my hand at building my own EFI from scratch using the Dortania’s guide and the 0.6 release's provided sample config. I am glad I did! It took me about 40 minutes. I got a clean start, newer files, better volume range audio with AppleALC (he used VoodooHDA) and noticeably faster boot time.

One difference I noticed (in files) is that I don't need that SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1.aml. Not sure if you do or if that is what was slowing my boot.. but maybe look into it.