Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel HD 4000 / AMD Radeon 7570M
Hello. I have been running Mojave 10.14.6 on my dell inspiron laptop and it works great. my only problem is sleep... my laptop goes to sleep but when I click the power button, it shows black screen.. is there a way to fix it??
here Is my clover folder...

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have been looking through your CLOVER folder and would make the following comments/observations:

I would amend the following items in your CLOVER folder and config.plist:

Clover folder:
  • Add SSDT-OXSI.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched for Windows recognition, unless this is already dealt with in your patched DSDT.
  • Add SSDT for power management of your Ivy Bridge i5 CPU, as this seems to be missing from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Question: Are you using Legacy or UEFI to boot?

There seems to be a lack of some common drivers from the /CLOVER/drivers/Bios and UEFI folders. I would expect the following to be present:
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi - can cause delay to boot times and unless you need it this driver can be deleted
  • DataHubDxe.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi.efi - can help with initial setup and Nvram
  • FSInject.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi - necessary for HFS+ drives
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • PartitionDxe.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
These drivers should be in the Bios or UEFI folder depending on which mode your system boots:

Config.plist:
ACPI Section:
Some common DSDT/SSDT rename patches are missing, may be present in your patched DSDT, but a few are also present in other non-patched SSDT's:
  • change OSI to XOSI (Windows recognition requires SSDT-XOSI.aml to work)
  • change EHC1 to EH01 (Intel USB)
  • change H_EC to EC (Power management)
  • change SAT0 to SATA (SATA HD/SSD)
  • change GLAN to GIGE (Ethernet)
  • change LPC to LPCB (Display fix)
You have two DSDT/SSDT patches that are disabled and can be removed/deleted:
  • Add _SUN property for GIGE
  • Rename HDEF to AZAL
I would suggest you add the following DSDT/SSDT fixes:
  • FixShutdown
  • FixHPET
  • Fix IPIC
  • DeleteUnused
  • FixRegions
  • FixMutex
I would suggest as you do not have a sorted order that you add AutoMerge=true This option is available in Clover configurator under the Drop Tables option.

Without a Custom SSDT for CPU power management, you may be advised to add the following Generate Options:
  • Generate PStates=true
  • Generate CStates=true
  • APSN=true
  • APLF=true
BOOT Section:
Set the following:
  • Legacy=PBR
  • Select Timeout=3 or 5 seconds rather than Fast=true
  • Add NeverHibernate=true
  • Add darkwake=10 boot argument
DEVICES Section:
Set the following:
  • Fake ID IntelGFX=0x01668086
GUI Section:
Set the following:
  • Scan > Custom > Entries=true, Legacy=First, Tool=true
  • Language=en
  • Hide Volumes:
    • \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    • Preboot
    • Recovery
    • Windows (if you dual boot)
    • Legacy (if you dual boot)
GRAPHICS Section:
Set the following:
  • Inject Intel=true
  • ig-platform-id= 0x01660009
KERNEL and KEXT PATCHES Section:
Set the following:
  • Delete unnecessary USB port limit patches for 10.12.x, 10.13.x and two for 10.14.0/x
  • Enable Trim For SSD
  • Add Orange External Icons fix
RT VARIABLES Section:
Set the following:
  • Generate an individual ROM, based on the SMBIOS
  • MLB does not match the Board Serial Number from your SMBIOS, they should be the same.
  • CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (SIP partially disabled for unsigned kexts)
SMBIOS Section:
Your SMBIOS for the MacBook Air 5.2 may not be the best choice for your system. I believe the MacBook Pro 9.1/9.2 may be a closer match to your Ivy Bridge i5-3317 CPU.

SYSTEM PARAMETERS Section:
Change Inject Kexts=Yes to Detect

A revised config.plist containing all these changes is attached for you to try, if you want.

You will also find attached an SSDT-XOSI.aml, which should be copied to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I have been looking through your CLOVER folder and would make the following comments/observations:

I would amend the following items in your CLOVER folder and config.plist:

Clover folder:
  • Add SSDT-OXSI.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched for Windows recognition, unless this is already dealt with in your patched DSDT.
  • Add SSDT for power management of your Ivy Bridge i5 CPU, as this seems to be missing from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Question: Are you using Legacy or UEFI to boot?

There seems to be a lack of some common drivers from the /CLOVER/drivers/Bios and UEFI folders. I would expect the following to be present:
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi - can cause delay to boot times and unless you need it this driver can be deleted
  • DataHubDxe.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi.efi - can help with initial setup and Nvram
  • FSInject.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi - necessary for HFS+ drives
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • PartitionDxe.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
These drivers should be in the Bios or UEFI folder depending on which mode your system boots:

Config.plist:
ACPI Section:
Some common DSDT/SSDT rename patches are missing, may be present in your patched DSDT, but a few are also present in other non-patched SSDT's:
  • change OSI to XOSI (Windows recognition requires SSDT-XOSI.aml to work)
  • change EHC1 to EH01 (Intel USB)
  • change H_EC to EC (Power management)
  • change SAT0 to SATA (SATA HD/SSD)
  • change GLAN to GIGE (Ethernet)
  • change LPC to LPCB (Display fix)
You have two DSDT/SSDT patches that are disabled and can be removed/deleted:
  • Add _SUN property for GIGE
  • Rename HDEF to AZAL
I would suggest you add the following DSDT/SSDT fixes:
  • FixShutdown
  • FixHPET
  • Fix IPIC
  • DeleteUnused
  • FixRegions
  • FixMutex
I would suggest as you do not have a sorted order that you add AutoMerge=true This option is available in Clover configurator under the Drop Tables option.

Without a Custom SSDT for CPU power management, you may be advised to add the following Generate Options:
  • Generate PStates=true
  • Generate CStates=true
  • APSN=true
  • APLF=true
BOOT Section:
Set the following:
  • Legacy=PBR
  • Select Timeout=3 or 5 seconds rather than Fast=true
  • Add NeverHibernate=true
  • Add darkwake=10 boot argument
DEVICES Section:
Set the following:
  • Fake ID IntelGFX=0x01668086
GUI Section:
Set the following:
  • Scan > Custom > Entries=true, Legacy=First, Tool=true
  • Language=en
  • Hide Volumes:
    • \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    • Preboot
    • Recovery
    • Windows (if you dual boot)
    • Legacy (if you dual boot)
GRAPHICS Section:
Set the following:
  • Inject Intel=true
  • ig-platform-id= 0x01660009
KERNEL and KEXT PATCHES Section:
Set the following:
  • Delete unnecessary USB port limit patches for 10.12.x, 10.13.x and two for 10.14.0/x
  • Enable Trim For SSD
  • Add Orange External Icons fix
RT VARIABLES Section:
Set the following:
  • Generate an individual ROM, based on the SMBIOS
  • MLB does not match the Board Serial Number from your SMBIOS, they should be the same.
  • CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (SIP partially disabled for unsigned kexts)
SMBIOS Section:
Your SMBIOS for the MacBook Air 5.2 may not be the best choice for your system. I believe the MacBook Pro 9.1/9.2 may be a closer match to your Ivy Bridge i5-3317 CPU.

SYSTEM PARAMETERS Section:
Change Inject Kexts=Yes to Detect

A revised config.plist containing all these changes is attached for you to try, if you want.

You will also find attached an SSDT-XOSI.aml, which should be copied to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Wow thank you so much for this :) ... i am using uefi mode , load legacy turned off.. so should i install the drivers that you mentioned in my uefi folder??

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, place the drivers in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. It doesn't matter which drivers are in the Bios folder if you boot UEFI.

I have amended the config.plist, to reflect your use of UEFI, as I had set part of it up for Legacy booting, config-revB.plist is attached for you to try.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Yes, place the drivers in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. It doesn't matter which drivers are in the Bios folder if you boot UEFI.

I have amended the config.plist, to reflect your use of UEFI, as I had set part of it up for Legacy booting, config-revB.plist is attached for you to try.
Btw i am not dual booting... i am running only mac os....

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I tired to boot with your previous config.plist but my hackintosh immediately restarts. Now i cant get my hack to boot... is there a way i can fix it?
So i tried to boot in safe mode with -x command... first time it booted but the graphics were so distorted that i was’nt able to do anything... next i tried to boot with safe mode but i unchecked the option, inject intel and then it booted just fine...
So what is the issue here?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Intel GPU's usually require Injection, obviously your 4000 series IGPU doesn't.

It is simple enough to untick the Intel Inject option in your config.plist from within Clover Configurator or to select false within Xcode.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel GPU's usually require Injection, obviously your 4000 series IGPU doesn't.

It is simple enough to untick the Intel Inject option in your config.plist from within Clover Configurator or to select false within Xcode.
I finally tried your config by adding the drivers that you mentioned... it booted right but sleep still does’nt work:(

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Have you tried running the Terminal commands etc. from the Sleep/Hibernation guide I linked in post #1?

I have attached a text document that contains the Terminal commands from the guide, well those I use after each OS update.

These commands will turn off a number of options that don't work with a Hack and change the way Hibernation works. Hopefully this will solve the black screen issue. Sleep works just fine for me after I run these commands.

Just run each command (line) from the rtf doc within Terminal and press Enter, your system will do the rest. Using copy and paste will also help, so you don't make any mistakes typing the commands.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Have you tried running the Terminal commands etc. from the Sleep/Hibernation guide I linked in post #1?

I have attached a text document that contains the Terminal commands from the guide, well those I use after each OS update.

These commands will turn off a number of options that don't work with a Hack and change the way Hibernation works. Hopefully this will solve the black screen issue. Sleep works just fine for me after I run these commands.

Just run each command (line) from the rtf doc within Terminal and press Enter, your system will do the rest. Using copy and paste will also help, so you don't make any mistakes typing the commands.
done.. still no luck :(

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have just had a look at your SSDT-UIAC.aml and think it could be part of your problem. It contains 25 USB ports plus 13 PRxx (connectors/Hubs), which is totally wrong for your laptop.

Which model Inspirion laptop are you using?

Can you post a screenshot (press Command+shift+4 and draw a rectangle around the screen image to capture part of the screen) of your USB ports within Hackintool app, see screenshot below for example:

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 17.49.48.png

Hackintool can be downloaded at the bottom of the first post in this thread over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-0.254559/

I think the errors in the SSDT-UIAC is preventing the keyboard/touchpad/other components from reinitialising after sleep.

You may want to try adding the four USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.6 and removing the SSDT-UIAC to see if that removes the issue. If it does it means you need to create a new SSDT-UIAC.aml for your laptop.

I have attached a revised config.plist (revC) which contains the four USB port limit patches you require, and I have unselected the Intel Inject=true from the Graphics section as discussed above. Just remember to remove the SSDT-UIAC and make sure you have a copy of Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext installed to either /Library/Extensions or within your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I have just had a look at your SSDT-UIAC.aml and think it could be part of your problem. It contains 25 USB ports plus 13 PRxx (connectors/Hubs), which is totally wrong for your laptop.

Which model Inspirion laptop are you using?

Can you post a screenshot (press Command+shift+4 and draw a rectangle around the screen image to capture part of the screen) of your USB ports within Hackintool app, see screenshot below for example:

View attachment 3925

Hackintool can be downloaded at the bottom of the first post in this thread over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-0.254559/

I think the errors in the SSDT-UIAC is preventing the keyboard/touchpad/other components from reinitialising after sleep.

You may want to try adding the four USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.6 and removing the SSDT-UIAC to see if that removes the issue. If it does it means you need to create a new SSDT-UIAC.aml for your laptop.

I have attached a revised config.plist (revC) which contains the four USB port limit patches you require, and I have unselected the Intel Inject=true from the Graphics section as discussed above. Just remember to remove the SSDT-UIAC and make sure you have a copy of Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext installed to either /Library/Extensions or within your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
Ok so my laptop is Dell Inspiron 14z 5423....
I have attached the screenshot of my USB ports...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, we needed to add the XHC rename patches to your config.plist. I have attached config-revD.plist for you to use. It includes the two XHC DSDT/SSDT rename patches, but it is normal for just the XHCI patch to be used.

Did you patch your DSDT yourself, or did you obtain it from someone else, with it already patched?

Do you know which patches have been applied to your DSDT? The reason I ask is that files in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder do not get patched by the entries in your config.plist. I am wondering if the DSDT just has battery, AC adapter and a few other patches or if it has a full range of patches applied. If it is just the battery, AC adapter I can recreate it with a few other rename patches applied relatively easily.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Ok, we needed to add the XHC rename patches to your config.plist. I have attached config-revD.plist for you to use. It includes the two XHC DSDT/SSDT rename patches, but it is normal for just the XHCI patch to be used.

Did you patch your DSDT yourself, or did you obtain it from someone else, with it already patched?

Do you know which patches have been applied to your DSDT? The reason I ask is that files in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder do not get patched by the entries in your config.plist. I am wondering if the DSDT just has battery, AC adapter and a few other patches or if it has a full range of patches applied. If it is just the battery, AC adapter I can recreate it with a few other rename patches applied relatively easily.
First of all thank you for all the quick replies :)
I patched the dsdt by myself from the guide...
I did these patches that are listed in the guide...
I also did battery patch and brightness patch...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, I wasn't sure so I have disassembled and patched your DSDT with the following patches from Rehabman's Laptop Patch repository:
  • Dell XPS 13 Battery patch - Your Inspiron 14z should work with this battery patch
  • Brightness Fix for HD3000/4000
  • HD4000 on 6 Series
  • HD4000 Low Resolution (1366x768)
  • GFX0 to IGPU rename
  • Fix PLD errors
  • Fix PNP Lowercase errors
  • AC Adapter Fix
  • Fix_WAK ARG0 v2
  • Fix Mutex Zero error
  • IRQ Fix
  • OS check Fix (Windows 8)
  • RTC Fix
  • ShutdownFix v2
  • 6 Series USB fix
  • Various rename fixes, applied manually.
The DSDT attached compiles without any errors. Feel free to give it a try and let me know if it helps or not.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Ok, I wasn't sure so I have disassembled and patched your DSDT with the following patches from Rehabman's Laptop Patch repository:
  • Dell XPS 13 Battery patch - Your Inspiron 14z should work with this battery patch
  • Brightness Fix for HD3000/4000
  • HD4000 on 6 Series
  • HD4000 Low Resolution (1366x768)
  • GFX0 to IGPU rename
  • Fix PLD errors
  • Fix PNP Lowercase errors
  • AC Adapter Fix
  • Fix_WAK ARG0 v2
  • Fix Mutex Zero error
  • IRQ Fix
  • OS check Fix (Windows 8)
  • RTC Fix
  • ShutdownFix v2
  • 6 Series USB fix
  • Various rename fixes, applied manually.
The DSDT attached compiles without any errors. Feel free to give it a try and let me know if it helps or not.
It is giving me acpi error...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, that isn't too surprising. I have received a similar result when I first patch a DSDT for my own laptops, Dell, HP and Toshiba's. Revert back to your patched DSDT and I will have a look to see what I may have done wrong.

I have been looking at the specifications for your laptop over at the Dell site and would ask you to confirm if the following is correct:
  • IDT92HD94 HD Audio Codec (codec not in AppleALC.kext unfortunately)
  • Intel USB 3.0
  • Renesas USB 3.0 (known issues with Renesas USB since El Capitan)
  • Realtek RTS 5179 Card Reader (Sinetek-rtsx.kext is attached, may need to add Device ID to get kext to work with your card reader)
  • HM67 Chipset
  • Qualcomm Atheros Lan
The only one I am not sure about is the WiFi/BT card as it could be a Dell 1730, Intel N-2230 or a Dell Wireless 1901. Unless of course you have replaced it with a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Copy of the Owners Manual and Reference guide for your laptop are attached for reference purposes.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Ok, that isn't too surprising. I have received a similar result when I first patch a DSDT for my own laptops, Dell, HP and Toshiba's. Revert back to your patched DSDT and I will have a look to see what I may have done wrong.

I have been looking at the specifications for your laptop over at the Dell site and would ask you to confirm if the following is correct:
  • IDT92HD94 HD Audio Codec (codec not in AppleALC.kext unfortunately)
  • Intel USB 3.0
  • Renesas USB 3.0 (known issues with Renesas USB since El Capitan)
  • Realtek RTS 5179 Card Reader (Sinetek-rtsx.kext is attached, may need to add Device ID to get kext to work with your card reader)
  • HM67 Chipset
  • Qualcomm Atheros Lan
The only one I am not sure about is the WiFi/BT card as it could be a Dell 1730, Intel N-2230 or a Dell Wireless 1901. Unless of course you have replaced it with a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Copy of the Owners Manual and Reference guide for your laptop are attached for reference purposes.
Hey man thanks a lot!!!! It finally worked!!!😍😍!!!
This is the best hackintosh support that i have gotten so far!!! Thank you so much thank you!!!
I love this site!! No one was able to solve my issue, not even tonymacx86 moderators...
So my dsdt was causing the trouble...
But in the clover settings, i booted with bios.aml instead of dsdt.aml... then i checked if sleep was working and it did!!!
Thanks a lot brother!!!
Now one question... should i place my patched dsdt in acpi folder?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, it should be placed in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Glad to hear it is working for you.

Latest posts