Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel HD 4000 / AMD Radeon 7570M
Ok, that isn't too surprising. I have received a similar result when I first patch a DSDT for my own laptops, Dell, HP and Toshiba's. Revert back to your patched DSDT and I will have a look to see what I may have done wrong.

I have been looking at the specifications for your laptop over at the Dell site and would ask you to confirm if the following is correct:
  • IDT92HD94 HD Audio Codec (codec not in AppleALC.kext unfortunately)
  • Intel USB 3.0
  • Renesas USB 3.0 (known issues with Renesas USB since El Capitan)
  • Realtek RTS 5179 Card Reader (Sinetek-rtsx.kext is attached, may need to add Device ID to get kext to work with your card reader)
  • HM67 Chipset
  • Qualcomm Atheros Lan
The only one I am not sure about is the WiFi/BT card as it could be a Dell 1730, Intel N-2230 or a Dell Wireless 1901. Unless of course you have replaced it with a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Copy of the Owners Manual and Reference guide for your laptop are attached for reference purposes.
Yes the following are correct.. this is my laptop...
So does that mean i cant use appleALC??
Also there is one more thing..
So i booted with my patched dsdt..
But with that my laptop didnt wake up from sleep..
But when i boot with bios.aml, it wakes up from sleep just fine.. can you explain this to me and what should i do...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, it means you can't use AppleALC and Lilu.kext for your Audio. Not until the IDT codec is added to the kext. A few other IDT codecs have been added, but unfortunately not yours.

Are you saying you have a file named bios.aml in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder that is being loaded by Clover?
or
You have the name bios.aml in your config.plist, and that your DSDT is then being loaded by Clover from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

I would be very surprised if it is the first, as you didn't provide a copy of a file named bios.aml. Going back and looking at your original config.plist the name in the config is DSDT.aml not bios.aml and I have not changed this in any of the revised configs I provided. So I am not sure what is actually happening.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Yes, it means you can't use AppleALC and Lilu.kext for your Audio. Not until the IDT codec is added to the kext. A few other IDT codecs have been added, but unfortunately not yours.

Are you saying you have a file named bios.aml in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder that is being loaded by Clover?
or
You have the name bios.aml in your config.plist, and that your DSDT is then being loaded by Clover from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

I would be very surprised if it is the first, as you didn't provide a copy of a file named bios.aml. Going back and looking at your original config.plist the name in the config is DSDT.aml not bios.aml and I have not changed this in any of the revised configs I provided. So I am not sure what is actually happening.
Ok so i dont have any bios.aml file in my patched folder...
But in my clover boot screen when i go to dsdt name in acpi , i have bios.aml and dsdt.aml...

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU

or

I have one more question... as i told you i am able to get my laptop to sleep with bios.aml file... but when i have any usb devices connected like usb mouse or usb wifi, it goes to sleep and then automatically wakes from it... how can i fix it... when i remove the usb devices, it sleeps and doesn’t wake...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to create a new SSDT-UIAC.aml for your laptop to get rid of this issue.

Your current one is not working correctly. You have too many ports active and your laptop is unlikely to have that many USB ports.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
You need to create a new SSDT-UIAC.aml for your laptop to get rid of this issue.

Your current one is not working correctly. You have too many ports active and your laptop is unlikely to have that many USB ports.
Is there an easy way to make it?? I have seen the guides and they are way too complicated...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, I will provide a link to a guide later today.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Have a read of this guide by Raine (fellow member on this site) https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...byte-z370n-wifi-i5-8400-970-evo.704/post-6103

It is a fairly simple and straightforward way to map your USB ports. Simplest that I have seen.
OK SO I understood most of the things.. can you tell me one thing. my laptop only has 2 usb 3.0 ports and that's all. no usb 2 ports.. so I don't have 15 ports or more.. can you tell me which ports should I disable and which not..
here are my detected USB ports from the terminal command...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You won't need to disable any ports as you only have 8 No USB ports. You just need to make sure that all the ports are activated, including the ones that connect to the Bluetooth, card reader, web cam etc.

MacOS has an issue when running on a laptop or desktop hack where it can drop USB ports for no apparent reason. So one boot everything works fine, next boot one or more of your USB ports are not working. Setting the USB ports activates them every time. It can also prevent unnecessary sleep/reboot and in your case black screen issues.

From the text document you provided you need to make sure that the following ports are mapped/activated:

1. HS01 - Controller XHC
2. HS02 - Controller XHC
3. HS03 - Controller XHC
4. HS04 - Controller XHC
5. SS01 - Controller XHC
6. SS02 - Controller XHC
7. SS03 - Controller XHC
8. SS04 - Controller XHC
9. PR11 - Controller EH01
- hub_device
17. PR21 - Controller EH02
- hub_device
- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
- USB2.0-CRW
- Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD

The rest are not required.

What is the Vendor/Device ID for your USB controller?

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
You won't need to disable any ports as you only have 8 No USB ports. You just need to make sure that all the ports are activated, including the ones that connect to the Bluetooth, card reader, web cam etc.

MacOS has an issue when running on a laptop or desktop hack where it can drop USB ports for no apparent reason. So one boot everything works fine, next boot one or more of your USB ports are not working. Setting the USB ports activates them every time. It can also prevent unnecessary sleep/reboot and in your case black screen issues.

From the text document you provided you need to make sure that the following ports are mapped/activated:

1. HS01 - Controller XHC
2. HS02 - Controller XHC
3. HS03 - Controller XHC
4. HS04 - Controller XHC
5. SS01 - Controller XHC
6. SS02 - Controller XHC
7. SS03 - Controller XHC
8. SS04 - Controller XHC
9. PR11 - Controller EH01
- hub_device
17. PR21 - Controller EH02
- hub_device
- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
- USB2.0-CRW
- Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD

The rest are not required.

What is the Vendor/Device ID for your USB controller?
so my vendor id is 0x8086. device id -0x1e31

I think I managed to make the usbmap.kext and SSDTs... can you look at my clover folder to check if I made any mistakes or not...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your SSDT-UIAC.aml looks good.

Only thing I would question is if the Webcam, bluetooth and card reader are connected to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port. Your SSDT has all the ports as USB 3.0 (UsbConnector - 0x03), while the two hubs PR11 and PR21 are both shown as USB 2.0 (UsbConnector - Zero). From the text document you provided previously the Webcam, Bluetooth and card reader were connected to PR21.

I may be reading more in to this than is necessary.

I take it you have rebooted since you added the SSDT-UIAC to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and everything is working as expected. I would recommend you test the external USB ports, just to make sure they work with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices/drives.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Your SSDT-UIAC.aml looks good.

Only thing I would question is if the Webcam, bluetooth and card reader are connected to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port. Your SSDT has all the ports as USB 3.0 (UsbConnector - 0x03), while the two hubs PR11 and PR21 are both shown as USB 2.0 (UsbConnector - Zero). From the text document you provided previously the Webcam, Bluetooth and card reader were connected to PR21.

I may be reading more in to this than is necessary.

I take it you have rebooted since you added the SSDT-UIAC to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and everything is working as expected. I would recommend you test the external USB ports, just to make sure they work with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices/drives.
I dont see any difference after doing this.. they are working normally... how to check if it really made a difference?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
If they are working correctly then you shouldn't notice any issues with instant reboot after shut down, or ports not working after a reboot/restart. this is a permanent fix, so you never need to use the USB port limit patches for any future macOS updates. Revised config_revE.plist is attached, which has the USB port limit patches removed.

Not sure you need both the SSDT-UIAC and USBMap.kext loading, as they are doing the same thing just from different locations. Probably won't hurt having both.

You might want to think about relocating the kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder to /Library/Extensions. This would add the kexts to the kernel cache and is a better way of loading the kexts and having them load consistently even after sleep/hibernation etc. More inline with how a real Mac works.

I tend to keep just FakeSMC.kext in my /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as it is the only mandatory kext for a Hack. The others are all installed to /Library/Extensions. Use KextBeast to install them to /L/E and Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
If they are working correctly then you shouldn't notice any issues with instant reboot after shut down, or ports not working after a reboot/restart. this is a permanent fix, so you never need to use the USB port limit patches for any future macOS updates. Revised config_revE.plist is attached, which has the USB port limit patches removed.

Not sure you need both the SSDT-UIAC and USBMap.kext loading, as they are doing the same thing just from different locations. Probably won't hurt having both.

You might want to think about relocating the kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder to /Library/Extensions. This would add the kexts to the kernel cache and is a better way of loading the kexts and having them load consistently even after sleep/hibernation etc. More inline with how a real Mac works.

I tend to keep just FakeSMC.kext in my /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as it is the only mandatory kext for a Hack. The others are all installed to /Library/Extensions. Use KextBeast to install them to /L/E and Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.
Thank You! :) i tried to install voodoohda kext to library extensions but it didnt work... so i put it back

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU

After doing the custom ssdt for usb, my laptop still wakes from sleep immediately when any usb is connected...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Could be the issue I raised about all the ports being registered as USB 3, when it is unlikely the Bluetooth, Webcam and card reader are connected via USB 3.

I would suggest you download open Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab. Hackintool App can be downloaded from Tonymacx86, bottom of the first post in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-0.254559/

Screenshot 2019-09-15 at 13.30.39.png Screenshot of the USB ports on my iMac1 system as seen by Hackintool.

There are 15 active ports, plus the two PRxx hubs, which don't count towards the 15 port limit.

The ports highlighted in Green are all active ports, with a device connected. The White ports are also active but do not currently have anything connected. If I was to connect a USB device they would also be highlighted in Green. This is probably the easiest way to check if a port is working as expected. It is also very handy for changing the Connector Type, from USB3 to USB2 or Internal, the latter being the one that the Bluetooth, Webcam and Card Reader need to be set as, if they are to work correctly.

Any port connected to a USB3 port needs to be set as USB3, even if it works as USB2. So in my case HS01, HS02, HS03, HS08, HS09, and HS10 are all set as USB3, even though the HSxx ports represent the USB2 side of the port.

Youn can edit your own USB settings with this app, you can delete any unnecessary or incorrectly shown ports with the 'No Entry' icon below the list of ports. You can also export a new SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-EC (for USB power management) and a USBPorts.kext by using the last icon on the right, below the Device panel/column.

As you can see I have included the PR11 and PR21 Hubs, as these are where some of my USB2 devices are connected.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Could be the issue I raised about all the ports being registered as USB 3, when it is unlikely the Bluetooth, Webcam and card reader are connected via USB 3.

I would suggest you download open Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab. Hackintool App can be downloaded from Tonymacx86, bottom of the first post in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-0.254559/

View attachment 3961 Screenshot of the USB ports on my iMac1 system as seen by Hackintool.

There are 15 active ports, plus the two PRxx hubs, which don't count towards the 15 port limit.

The ports highlighted in Green are all active ports, with a device connected. The White ports are also active but do not currently have anything connected. If I was to connect a USB device they would also be highlighted in Green. This is probably the easiest way to check if a port is working as expected. It is also very handy for changing the Connector Type, from USB3 to USB2 or Internal, the latter being the one that the Bluetooth, Webcam and Card Reader need to be set as, if they are to work correctly.

Any port connected to a USB3 port needs to be set as USB3, even if it works as USB2. So in my case HS01, HS02, HS03, HS08, HS09, and HS10 are all set as USB3, even though the HSxx ports represent the USB2 side of the port.

Youn can edit your own USB settings with this app, you can delete any unnecessary or incorrectly shown ports with the 'No Entry' icon below the list of ports. You can also export a new SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-EC (for USB power management) and a USBPorts.kext by using the last icon on the right, below the Device panel/column.

As you can see I have included the PR11 and PR21 Hubs, as these are where some of my USB2 devices are connected.
Thank You! I’ll try and let you know... :)