Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel HD 4000 / AMD Radeon 7570M
Could be the issue I raised about all the ports being registered as USB 3, when it is unlikely the Bluetooth, Webcam and card reader are connected via USB 3.

I would suggest you download open Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab. Hackintool App can be downloaded from Tonymacx86, bottom of the first post in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-8-0.254559/

View attachment 3961 Screenshot of the USB ports on my iMac1 system as seen by Hackintool.

There are 15 active ports, plus the two PRxx hubs, which don't count towards the 15 port limit.

The ports highlighted in Green are all active ports, with a device connected. The White ports are also active but do not currently have anything connected. If I was to connect a USB device they would also be highlighted in Green. This is probably the easiest way to check if a port is working as expected. It is also very handy for changing the Connector Type, from USB3 to USB2 or Internal, the latter being the one that the Bluetooth, Webcam and Card Reader need to be set as, if they are to work correctly.

Any port connected to a USB3 port needs to be set as USB3, even if it works as USB2. So in my case HS01, HS02, HS03, HS08, HS09, and HS10 are all set as USB3, even though the HSxx ports represent the USB2 side of the port.

Youn can edit your own USB settings with this app, you can delete any unnecessary or incorrectly shown ports with the 'No Entry' icon below the list of ports. You can also export a new SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-EC (for USB power management) and a USBPorts.kext by using the last icon on the right, below the Device panel/column.

As you can see I have included the PR11 and PR21 Hubs, as these are where some of my USB2 devices are connected.
Ok so I tried my USB ports and I don't k ow if they are working right o not.. can you please look at the photos...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I can't tell for sure from the screenshot(s) your need to expand the Hackintool window so all the ports are shown, i.e. drag the bottom of the window to make it longer (cursor changes when held over the base of the Hackintool window).

From what I recall you have a few additional ports shown in the Hackintool window. Specifically the HP23, HP24, HP25 and PRT1 ports. These were not identified when you used the USB Mapping script.

The HPxx ports shouldn't be visible as they are connected to the EH01 and EH02 controllers. You should have the HS01-04 and SS01-04 plus the PR11 and PR21 hubs.

Other than me removing the USB port limit patches from your config.plist have you made any changes to your config?

I now know one of the reasons why the patched DSDT I prepared for you didn't work, your system has Series 7 USB controller, I patched it for a Series 6 USB controller.

What output do you get when you select the 'Export' icon in Hackintool? Do you get an SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-EC.aml plus the USBPorts.kext? Can you attach them here so I can have a look at what they contain. I may be able to edit the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC to make them work correctly for your system.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I can't tell for sure from the screenshot(s) your need to expand the Hackintool window so all the ports are shown, i.e. drag the bottom of the window to make it longer (cursor changes when held over the base of the Hackintool window).

From what I recall you have a few additional ports shown in the Hackintool window. Specifically the HP23, HP24, HP25 and PRT1 ports. These were not identified when you used the USB Mapping script.

The HPxx ports shouldn't be visible as they are connected to the EH01 and EH02 controllers. You should have the HS01-04 and SS01-04 plus the PR11 and PR21 hubs.

Other than me removing the USB port limit patches from your config.plist have you made any changes to your config?

I now know one of the reasons why the patched DSDT I prepared for you didn't work, your system has Series 7 USB controller, I patched it for a Series 6 USB controller.

What output do you get when you select the 'Export' icon in Hackintool? Do you get an SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-EC.aml plus the USBPorts.kext? Can you attach them here so I can have a look at what they contain. I may be able to edit the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC to make them work correctly for your system.
I removed the ports that weren't used by clicking the - button.. is that wrong? I am sending you the screenshot of full screen window...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
That should work. Select the export button, last on righthand side and it should drop USBports.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml on your desktop. These can be used in place of the ones you generated with the USB Mapping script.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
That should work. Select the export button, last on righthand side and it should drop USBports.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml on your desktop. These can be used in place of the ones you generated with the USB Mapping script.
Sorry, but it is still not working...
What else can i do?

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Also i am getting the error, your computer restarted because of a problem, when i restart my laptop... how to solve that?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I need to think about this, as I wasn't expecting you to have any problems once the USB ports had been mapped.

Post a copy of the files generated by Hackintool and I will have a look to see if anything is wrong with either of them.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I need to think about this, as I wasn't expecting you to have any problems once the USB ports had been mapped.

Post a copy of the files generated by Hackintool and I will have a look to see if anything is wrong with either of them.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
SSDT-UIAC.aml looks just fine, considering the number and type of ports recognised by Hackintool.

The order that the ports have been arranged is odd but probably related to the order Hackintool recognised the ports.

Placing this SSDT in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder should have your USB ports working as intended.

No idea at present why you have seen the 'your computer was restarted because ....' error message.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
SSDT-UIAC.aml looks just fine, considering the number and type of ports recognised by Hackintool.

The order that the ports have been arranged is odd but probably related to the order Hackintool recognised the ports.

Placing this SSDT in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder should have your USB ports working as intended.

No idea at present why you have seen the 'your computer was restarted because ....' error message.
I did place it in patched folder but no luck :(

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU

Is it because i am not booting with patched dsdt?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
No, but that is something we can deal with now I know your laptop has an Intel 7 Series chipset/controller.

I will have another look at patching your DSDT tomorrow. Most of the patches I applied to the DSDT during my previous attempt were correct but a couple will either be omitted or swapped of other patches. Have a good night.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
No, but that is something we can deal with now I know your laptop has an Intel 7 Series chipset/controller.

I will have another look at patching your DSDT tomorrow. Most of the patches I applied to the DSDT during my previous attempt were correct but a couple will either be omitted or swapped of other patches. Have a good night.
Thanks a lot brother for your help...
Thank You!
Good night :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have attached a revised/patched DSDT for you to try, hopefully this will work better than the previous one. I have used the following patches:
  • Audio - Layout 3
  • Battery - Dell XPS 13
  • GFX0 - Disable/Enable on WAK/PTS
  • Brightness Fix - HD3000/HD4000
  • HD4000 Low Resolution
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • (Syn) Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error
  • Fix *pnp/pnp Lowercase Error
  • (Sys) AC Adapter Fix
  • Add MCHC
  • Fix _Wak Arg0 v2
  • Fix Mutex
  • Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • Fix HPET
  • IRQ Fix
  • RTC Fix
  • Shutdown Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • (Usb) 7-series USB3 Multiplex
  • 7-series/8-series USB (power)
  • Rename _DSM to XDSM
  • Rename _T_0 to T_0
  • Rename _T_1 to T_1
  • Rename EHC1 to EH01
  • Rename EHC2 to EH02
  • Rename XHC1 to XHC
  • Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Rename SAT0 to SATA
The DSDT compiles without any errors, so hopefully it will work as intended. Try it and let me know if it works.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I have attached a revised/patched DSDT for you to try, hopefully this will work better than the previous one. I have used the following patches:
  • Audio - Layout 3
  • Battery - Dell XPS 13
  • GFX0 - Disable/Enable on WAK/PTS
  • Brightness Fix - HD3000/HD4000
  • HD4000 Low Resolution
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • (Syn) Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error
  • Fix *pnp/pnp Lowercase Error
  • (Sys) AC Adapter Fix
  • Add MCHC
  • Fix _Wak Arg0 v2
  • Fix Mutex
  • Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • Fix HPET
  • IRQ Fix
  • RTC Fix
  • Shutdown Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • (Usb) 7-series USB3 Multiplex
  • 7-series/8-series USB (power)
  • Rename _DSM to XDSM
  • Rename _T_0 to T_0
  • Rename _T_1 to T_1
  • Rename EHC1 to EH01
  • Rename EHC2 to EH02
  • Rename XHC1 to XHC
  • Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Rename SAT0 to SATA
The DSDT compiles without any errors, so hopefully it will work as intended. Try it and let me know if it works.
When i boot from this dsdt, it gives me acpi errors...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Try this one, it only has these patches applied:
  • Battery - Dell XPS 13
  • HD4000 Low Resolution
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • (Sys) AC Adapter Fix

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Try this one, it only has these patches applied:
  • Battery - Dell XPS 13
  • HD4000 Low Resolution
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • (Sys) AC Adapter Fix
sorry not working. so the good thing is that I can boot from this DSDT and not from bios.aml. but that issue is still there.. here is my clover folder... please tell any other thing that is not necessary... Also tell me one thing, am i disturbing you? If so i am really sorry..
I just wanted to build a perfect hackintosh...

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You are not disturbing me, far from it I like helping people get their Hacks working as well as they can.

Can you post a copy of your Boot log. This can be obtained from Clover Configurator or Hackintool. It will show how your system is booting and if there are any issues that need to be remedied, usually with an adjustment to your Clover folder contents or config.plist.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have attached a DSDT for you to try, this one only has the Battery and AC Adapter patches applied.

Let me know if it works.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
You are not disturbing me, far from it I like helping people get their Hacks working as well as they can.

Can you post a copy of your Boot log. This can be obtained from Clover Configurator or Hackintool. It will show how your system is booting and if there are any issues that need to be remedied, usually with an adjustment to your Clover folder contents or config.plist.
Glad to hear it :)
here is my bootlog..
I will try you DSDT and let you know...

Attachments