Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You're config.plist didn't have the four USB port limit patches and you still had USBMap.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

I have removed the kext and added the port limit patches. So try this CLOVER folder in place of your own. Reboot and take a screenshot of the Hackintool USB tab.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Intel HD 4000 / AMD Radeon 7570M
You're config.plist didn't have the four USB port limit patches and you still had USBMap.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

I have removed the kext and added the port limit patches. So try this CLOVER folder in place of your own. Reboot and take a screenshot of the Hackintool USB tab.
Hey sorry for the late reply... busy with exams... so I didn’t change my clover folder that u attached above.... i opened my laptop today, it booted just fine... i use a usb hub since i only have 2 usb ports on my laptop and they are not enough... so it booted fine, my usb wifi adapter and usb mouse was connected to the hub and then my laptop went to sleep... and u know what it stayed in sleep!! I don’t know how it happened.... can you explain this to me... also is this temperory?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
No idea, I happy to hear it is working but as to whether it is a permanent fix, I don't have a clue.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
No idea, I happy to hear it is working but as to whether it is a permanent fix, I don't have a clue.
But Thank A Lot Edhawk... Really You Have Been Most Helpful :)
Thanks A Ton!!!

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
OK so After reboot , it stopped working.. so not a permanent affect :(

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
Turns out this, there are 2 USB ports on my laptop. when I reboot my laptop when both usb devices are connected, when I put my laptop to sleep, it wakes from sleep immidiatly... but when one device is connected on my right USB ports, it sleeps fine.. then when it wakes from sleep, when I connect both my usb and then put my laptop to sleep, it goes to sleep just fine...so I don't understand what's going on her. I hope I am able to explain my problem to you...

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
ok I installed your clover folder on my pen drive and booted from it.. here is the result from Hackintool...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your Hackintool video shows a lot of USB ports. When you are testing and confirming which ports your laptop contains, are you DELETING the unused ports before you select the export icon?

As this is from the pen Drive and my clover folder I am assuming the following:
  1. You still have the DSDT rename patches for the USB controllers in your config.
  2. You still have the KextToPatch USB port limit patches enabled in your config.
  3. USBInjectAll.kext is installed to /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
So logically Hackintool will show all the possible USB ports for the 7-Series controllers in your laptop. As that is what the DSDT rename patches, USB port limit patches and USBInjectAll.kext are designed to do.

Are you using any other third-party USB3 kexts?

I assume the reason the right-hand USB port is working is because it is being recognised correctly by macOS and working as intended, obviously the same can't be said for the port on the left-hand side.

Which USB ports are identified as being on the left-hand side, HSxx & SSxx?

I know the main USB ports for you laptop are as follows:
  • HS01
  • HS02
  • HS03
  • HS04
  • SS01
  • SS02
  • SS03
  • SS04
  • Plus HP23, HP24 & HP25, the three internal USB ports.
  • I would retain PR11 & PR2, the two EHCx hubs. However, I am not sure about PRT1.
I would definitely Delete the following ports:
  • HP11- HP18, inclusive
  • HP21, HP22, HP26, HP27 & HP28
As they are not required.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have been sitting here looking at the video you provided and think I have been a complete prat!

I'm not sure that USBInjectAll.kext is meant to work with the 7-Series USB controllers. If I recall correctly the earliest it will work with is an 8-Series USB controller!!!!

While the USB port limit patches and DSDT rename patches will work with any controllers that match the names.

I think we need to revisit your DSDT. Not necessarily the one you are using, which contains some patches but rather your original DSDT. I am wondering if applying the 7-Series USB3 patch will fix these issues.

I have attached a patched DSDT-USB_7Series.aml for you to try. Just rename it DSDT.aml when you place it in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and we will see what happens. Might be worth trying it with the Pen Drive Clover first.

It only has the usb_7-series-multiplex patch applied.

Attachments

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
I have been sitting here looking at the video you provided and think I have been a complete prat!

I'm not sure that USBInjectAll.kext is meant to work with the 7-Series USB controllers. If I recall correctly the earliest it will work with is an 8-Series USB controller!!!!

While the USB port limit patches and DSDT rename patches will work with any controllers that match the names.

I think we need to revisit your DSDT. Not necessarily the one you are using, which contains some patches but rather your original DSDT. I am wondering if applying the 7-Series USB3 patch will fix these issues.

I have attached a patched DSDT-USB_7Series.aml for you to try. Just rename it DSDT.aml when you place it in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and we will see what happens. Might be worth trying it with the Pen Drive Clover first.

It only has the usb_7-series-multiplex patch applied.
So Sorry I made a mistake... I think that the video I sent you is with my original clover folder... I think it didn't copy to the USB Drive...
now I copied your above clover to usb and booted with you above DSDT from pen drive... but still not working... here is the next Hackintool video...

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Can you boot your system without any DSDT and see what if any difference that makes.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Try both.

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
So my right usb port was working till yesterday but not anymore... now my laptop wakes from sleep when usb is attached to right port :(

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
LOL! Sorry but that made me laugh out loud!

I would recommend the following:
  1. Remove the DSDT from the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  2. Remove the SSDT-UIAC.aml from your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
  3. Remove the USBPort.kext file from your or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  4. Check your /Library/Extensions folder to ensure the USBPorts.kext is not installed.
  5. If it is move it to your Trash and use Kext Utility to Repair Permissions and Rebuild the Kernel Cache.
  6. Make sure the EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02, XHCI to XHC and XHC1 to XHC rename patches are present and enabled in your config.
  7. Make sure the four USB port Limit patches are present and enabled in your KextToPatch section of your config.
  8. Reboot with your original CLOVER folder.
What does this show for your USB ports, does sleep work?

Red200220

macOS
Mobo
MRRJR
CPU
intel i5 3317U
GPU
LOL! Sorry but that made me laugh out loud!

I would recommend the following:
  1. Remove the DSDT from the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  2. Remove the SSDT-UIAC.aml from your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
  3. Remove the USBPort.kext file from your or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  4. Check your /Library/Extensions folder to ensure the USBPorts.kext is not installed.
  5. If it is move it to your Trash and use Kext Utility to Repair Permissions and Rebuild the Kernel Cache.
  6. Make sure the EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02, XHCI to XHC and XHC1 to XHC rename patches are present and enabled in your config.
  7. Make sure the four USB port Limit patches are present and enabled in your KextToPatch section of your config.
  8. Reboot with your original CLOVER folder.
What does this show for your USB ports, does sleep work?
😭
Ok i did what you told me...
I’ll send you my library extensions and clover folder...

Latest posts