macOS
Mobo
GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-7700K
GPU
GIGABYTE RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G
Hi!

I've decided to upgrade my gpu from a 4GB RX 580 to a RX 5700 XT (Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G).
It was working fine with the previous gpu. Now I get the infamous "ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3" error at the initialization (image is attached).
The gpu works perfectly on windows.

Obs: I added boot flag "agdpmod=pikera"

Some toughts?

Greetings from Brazil!

Attachments

zeroam

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-7700K
GPU
No clue? How can I provide more information to help you guys help me?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder, including a copy of your Extracted ACPI tables.

zeroam

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-7700K
GPU
Here. Thanks again!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Try this revised CLOVER folder. Use the whole CLOVER folder not just parts of it.

Let me know if that helps get your dGPU recognised.

Attachments

zeroam

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-7700K
GPU
I already want to thank you for your help before testing. You are really incredible.
And I have one more newbie question: How do I access the EFI folder to undo/do more changes if MacOS does not start?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Some features can be accessed from the Clover boot screen. By pressing the spacebar or selecting the Options menu item on the boot screen,

screenshot0.png Clover boot screen - press spacebar

screenshot1.png Clover menu appears with some options to tweak the boot settings.

You are probably better off doing this while testing a CLOVER folder:
  1. Install Clover to a spare USB, matching the settings your used for your current Clover installation.
  2. Then copy the CLOVER folder I provided to the EFI Folder on the USB.
  3. Boot your system from the USB, by pressing the F12 key, while the Gigabyte Splash screen shows.
  4. Use the boot menu to select the UEFI partition of the USB, as the one-time boot drive.
This will allow you to boot the system from the USB, to see if it makes any difference, without changing your working/current setup.

Otherwise you may need to remove the drive, connect it to another Hack or a real Mac to make any changes. If you don't have a second system to use, then the spare Clover USB makes more sense.

To create a spare Clover boot USB do the following:

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 12.58.24.png Open Disk Utility and Erase a spare USB with the settings shown here

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.07.29.png Download and open a recent version of Clover

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.23.png Select the Continue Button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.31.png Select the Continue Button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.43.png Select the Continue Button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select the 'Change Install Location' button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.56.png Select the Clover USB Drive, then the Continue Button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select the 'Customise' button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.18.png Select the top two options in the customise list, then the Install button

Do not worry about selecting any other options as they will be covered by the CLOVER folder you have been provided.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.34.png Enter your password when required.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.10.58.png When the installation wizard finishes close the installer.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.14.png You should have a new EFI Partition on your desktop, open it.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.27.png This will contain an EFI Folder, open it.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.36.png This will contain the BOOT and CLOVER folders.

Drag and drop the CLOVER folder I provided in to the EFI Folder, if asked select REPLACE the CLOVER folder already in the folder.

The USB will not be ready for use.

zeroam

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-7700K
GPU
I Followed all your instructions e tried first with the original RX 580, it booted way faster than it was booting with my old settings.
So I was very confident and installed the RX 5700 XT right away. It took some time and "ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3" showed up again. What a bummer!

Well. I decided to mess around with clover options and disabled "Inject ATI". It booted nice and fast.

I noticed that the gpu name at clover is RX 5700 instead of RX 5700 XT, it make any difference?

Now I can just replace clover folder at my main ssd and thats it, right?

You are really, REALLY awesome, man! Thanks a lot! I hope that one day I get to the point where I can help people here too.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The name being wrong is cosmetic and won't make any difference to how the graphics card works. The two dGPU's probably have the same device ID, similar to the RX580 being recognised as an RX480 by macOS in the bootlog due to them having identical device ID's.

Yes, replace your current CLOVER folder on your macOS drive with the new one and it should boot from your macOS drive with the new settings.

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. I will have to remember to not select the Inject ATI option when helping people in the future with this RX 5700 XT card.

rafbits

macOS
Mobo
X470
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
GPU
RX 5700XT
Can someone please help me ? I trying to back to hackintosh a months since I upraded my i5 to a Ryzen 3900X.... Already tried lots of combinations of whatevergreen amd flags, and no results

I'm having a similar trouble my mobo is a X470 and my CPU is a Ryzen 3900X, i applied all the patches on config.plist and ACPIO, I have a RX 5700XT.

I can only boot on Mac by adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to the boot flags, I managed to install Mac OS Catalina without problems using this, but after I boot into the system my graphics drivers just don't work, the system gets really laggy specially using graphics effects like opening a video or the dashboard.

Attachments

corevic

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z97-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
5700 XT
Can someone please help me ? I trying to back to hackintosh a months since I upraded my i5 to a Ryzen 3900X.... Already tried lots of combinations of whatevergreen amd flags, and no results

I'm having a similar trouble my mobo is a X470 and my CPU is a Ryzen 3900X, i applied all the patches on config.plist and ACPIO, I have a RX 5700XT.

I can only boot on Mac by adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to the boot flags, I managed to install Mac OS Catalina without problems using this, but after I boot into the system my graphics drivers just don't work, the system gets really laggy specially using graphics effects like opening a video or the dashboard.
Did you find the solution to your problem? I'm running into it now.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@rafbits I have had a quick look at your OC folder and would comment as follows:

Kexts:
  • You have FakeSMC.kext present in your /OC/kexts folder. As you are using VirtualSMC.kext it it probably just as well that FakeSMC.kext is not being injected, i.e. the kext is not included in your config.plist. I would recommend you Delete FakeSMC.kext - this kext is not compatible with OpenCore
SSDT's:
  • You have three SSDT's present in your /OC/ACPI folder:
    • SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
    • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    • SSDT-EC0.aml
  • The only one of these three SSDT's you should be using is SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml.
  • The other two should be deleted and the config.plist entry for the SSDT-EC0.aml should be removed.
Drivers:
  • You are using VBoxHfs.efi driver, this is not the most efficient HFS driver available. I would recommend you replace the VBoxHfs driver with HFSPlus.efi, which is a better and faster driver.
Config.plist:
  • Your config.plist contains a number of unnecessary entries, too many to list here.
  • I would recommend you go look the OC guide for a Ryzen motherboard and make any edits necessary to better match your system. Here is a link to the Zen guide starting point - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#starting-point.
  • I would also recommend you change the SMBIOS from Mac Pro 6.1 to either Mac Pro 7.1 or iMac Pro 1.1. Both of the newer SMBIOS's will be a better fit with your system than the older MP 6.1 SMBIOS.
Given the above it is not surprising you are having problems with your discrete GPU. Until you sort out the issues mentioned above you are unlikely to be able to get the dGPU working correctly.

Boot Argument:
  • The use of either of the npci=0x2000/3000 boot arguments is common with AMD hack's. I use it with my two AMD FX series hack's. Continue to include the boot argument that works best with your system.

@corevic your Intel (Haswell) system is completely different to rafbits AMD system so while the dGPU issues you are facing are similar the resolution of the issue is not likely to be the same. Start a new thread/post and provide more details of the issue you are facing and what you are currently using to boot your system.

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
I7 4790K
GPU
MSI EVOKE 5700XT
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder, including a copy of your Extracted ACPI tables.
Hi EdHawk! how's doing?
I'm new here posting stuff, but i'm a old reader of the topics and tutorials, it ALWAYS solve my issues! Tks for such a good information here!

I'm needing some help with a refresh on my build..
I was running mojave with i7 4790k + z93 d3h gigabyte +RX580... All plung and play and running perfect. This week i decided to move up to a RX 5700xt, had to work hard to bootup catalina but I did it by following the "Fresh Install Catalina" from here. Did all the steps, system running, video performance now is 2x time more than running with RX580.

But, I'm felling that something bit wrong with de configurations.
Problems I have now!

-Slow boot (already disabled injetc ATI and internal graphics on bios)
-Screens turn on and off before de login screen shows up and sometines it mess around with display resolution and arrangement of my 3 screens.
-Cant get fast boot even after changed config plist boot settings, it always stop on clover boot screen and ask to select de boot driver.

I already tried everything on config.plist... double check the installation tutorial, i'm even using a EFI folder that i found in a tutorial here (couldn't find it again, damn)

Clover is updated, WEG and LILU as well.
I'll let my EFI folder here, can you check it for me pleaaase? 3 days trying and no results =/

really thank you guys for all the help <3

Attachments