[Solved] Help with Mojave post install issues.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
AMD Radeon RX580 Saphire 8GB
Do you have any other NVME drives installed in your Hack?

Or any other M.2 slots that can accept NVME drives?

Can you post a copy of your IORegistry file or a screenshot showing the acpi-path for your NVME drive, screenshot below shows api-path for a Samsung AHCI drive, I need to see the same ID for your drive before I create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml for you.

View attachment 2789
Only one NVME and 2 SSD's normal ones 2.5"
The ACPI-path is IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1A@1/IOPP/H000@0
Here is it if I've done it correctly

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
See attached SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml with the amended acpi-path (_SB.PCI0.BR1A.HOOO),

I have also attached SSDT_NVMe-Pcc-v2.aml with the amended acpi-path (_SB.PCI0.BR1A.H000)

Not sure which should match your NVME drive.

Add SSDT_NVMe-Pcc-v2 to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched on your Mojave drive, try it see if it works. I think the figures are more likely to be '0's' rather than 'O's'.

If not replace the v2 SSDT with the other SSDT and see if that works any better.

Hope one of the two works.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
See attached SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml with the amended acpi-path (_SB.PCI0.BR1A.HOOO),

I have also attached SSDT_NVMe-Pcc-v2.aml with the amended acpi-path (_SB.PCI0.BR1A.H000)

Not sure which should match your NVME drive.

Add SSDT_NVMe-Pcc-v2 to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched on your Mojave drive, try it see if it works. I think the figures are more likely to be '0's' rather than 'O's'.

If not replace the v2 SSDT with the other SSDT and see if that works any better.

Hope one of the two works.
I tried the first one, rebooted the machine nothing changed.
I tried the second one v2, rebooted then NVME gone, not showing at all.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Ok, I will have another look at these tomorrow. Maybe I missed something from the SSDT’s.

Can you post a copy of your IORegistry, so I can see what is what with your system.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Ok, I will have another look at these tomorrow. Maybe I missed something from the SSDT’s.

Can you post a copy of your IORegistry, so I can see what is what with your system.
Hey man, What do you mean a copy of the IORegistry? Should I click on save or something inside IORegistry?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Yes, open IORegistry Explorer App, make sure you are using version 2.1. Select the IORegistryExplorer drop down menu and select 'About IORegistryExplorer' A pop up window should appear which states the version you have installed. I have attached a copy of IOReg Version 2.1 in case you need it.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 15.09.23.png

Go to the 'File' drop down menu and select Save a copy as ... This should open a window that allows you to Export a copy of the IORegistry for your system, save it to your Desktop, compress and attach the copy of your IOReg to a post here.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 15.12.26.png

I have also attached a copy of the IOREG for my main Hack iMac1, for reference.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Yes, open IORegistry Explorer App, make sure you are using version 2.1. Select the IORegistryExplorer drop down menu and select 'About IORegistryExplorer' A pop up window should appear which states the version you have installed. I have attached a copy of IOReg Version 2.1 in case you need it.

View attachment 2801

Go to the 'File' drop down menu and select Save a copy as ... This should open a window that allows you to Export a copy of the IORegistry for your system, save it to your Desktop, compress and attach the copy of your IOReg to a post here.

View attachment 2802

I have also attached a copy of the IOREG for my main Hack iMac1, for reference.
Here you go.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Thanks for posting your IOREG.

NMVE drive:
I think the problem of the NVME drive showing as external is related to the fact your IOREG has the M.2 slot identified as 'Ethernet', see the screenshot below showing the details for your NVME drive, the top line on the right hand side is the one that I think is causing the issue.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 16.14.30.png

Your IONVMeController entry also has your Drive's physical location set as External, this should be 'Built-in'.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 16.36.01.png

I am not sure how to change this other than through Rehabman's SSDT_NVMe-Pcc option. But I think I need to do some more reading before I provide another SSDT.

AMD Graphics:
Your IOREG also shows your Radeon RX580 is connected to BR3A, not IGPU or GFX0 as would be expected. It is installed to PCI Slot 4, which may or may not be your x16 PCI-e slot on your motherboard.

You may need to change the DSDT/SSDT rename patch for your system to something like this:

Comment: change BR3A to IGPU
Find: 42523341
Replace: 49475055

It would look like this in Clover Configurator:

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 16.26.36.png

SATA Ports:
The drives connected to the SATA ports on your system are identified as follows:

SAT1 (macOS Samsung SSD 850 Pro APFS formatted) and
EVSS (Windows SSD Samsung SSD 850 Pro)

This is unusual as windows normally identifies them as SAT0 and macOS as SATA.

I would suggest the 'change SAT0 to SATA' patch be removed and a new rename patch used for your macOS SSD:

Comment: change SAT1 to SATA
Find: 53415431
Replace: 53415441

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 16.26.36.png

CPU:
I don't think your CPU is being identified correctly. You have a 6 Core 12 thread CPU but you have way too many CPU entries in your IOREG. This may be caused by the use of the VoodooTSCSync.kext. I would suggest booting with this kext removed from the kernel Cache and also your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Do not forget to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache after your remove VoodooTSCSync.kext from your /Library/Extensions folder and before you reboot.

AMD Audio:
Your AMD audio is not connected to HDAU or HDEF as expected, it is instead connected to H001 (yes they are double zero's not double O's).

You will likely need another rename patch:

Comment: change H001 to HDAU
Find: 48303031
Replace: 48444155

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 16.48.31.png

Can you post a copy of your working CLOVER folder for me to review.

That's it for now, I will get back to you if I find anything else that may need changing or further investigation.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Thanks for posting your IOREG.

NMVE drive:
I think the problem of the NVME drive showing as external is related to the fact your IOREG has the M.2 slot identified as 'Ethernet', see the screenshot below showing the details for your NVME drive, the top line on the right hand side is the one that I think is causing the issue.

View attachment 2806

Your IONVMeController entry also has your Drive's physical location set as External, this should be 'Built-in'.

View attachment 2809

I am not sure how to change this other than through Rehabman's SSDT_NVMe-Pcc option. But I think I need to do some more reading before I provide another SSDT.

AMD Graphics:
Your IOREG also shows your Radeon RX580 is connected to BR3A, not IGPU or GFX0 as would be expected. It is installed to PCI Slot 4, which may or may not be your x16 PCI-e slot on your motherboard.

You may need to change the DSDT/SSDT rename patch for your system to something like this:

Comment: change BR3A to IGPU
Find: 42523341
Replace: 49475055

View attachment 2807

SATA Ports:
The drives connected to the SATA ports on your system are identified as follows:

SAT1 (macOS Samsung SSD 850 Pro APFS formatted) and
EVSS (Windows SSD Samsung SSD 850 Pro)

This is unusual as windows normally identifies them as SAT0 and macOS as SATA.

I would suggest the 'change SAT0 to SATA' patch be removed and a new rename patch used for your macOS SSD:

Comment: change SAT1 to SATA
Find: 53415431
Replace: 53415441

View attachment 2807

CPU:
I don't think your CPU is being identified correctly. You have a 6 Core 12 thread CPU but you have way too many CPU entries in your IOREG. This may be caused by the use of the VoodooTSCSync.kext. I would suggest booting with this kext removed from the kernel Cache and also your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Do not forget to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache after your remove VoodooTSCSync.kext from your /Library/Extensions folder and before you reboot.

AMD Audio:
Your AMD audio is not connected to HDAU or HDEF as expected, it is instead connected to H001 (yes they are double zero's not double O's).

You will likely need another rename patch:

Comment: change H001 to HDAU
Find: 48303031
Replace: 48444155

View attachment 2810

Can you post a copy of your working CLOVER folder for me to review.

That's it for now, I will get back to you if I find anything else that may need changing or further investigation.
Thank you so much, here is my current working clover folder. You've found a lot of unbalanced stuff, your help is tremendously appreciated!
FYI I'm not installing windows on any disks, just in case it means something. The entire machine is running MacOS only. The second SSD I'm leaving it as a working copy of Mojave in case something happened to the primary one. The NVME is only for Apps.

Thanks again.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
OK, I have had another look and would confirm I miss read the drive information, your disks are as follows:

Your main macOS boot disk (Samsung 850 Pro SSD) is set at EVSS, I believe this should be SATA. This is a GUID, APFS formatted disk with four partitions within the APFS container. I will change the Rename Patch to reflect this.

Your second Samsung 850 Pro SSD is set at SAT1. This is also a GUID, APFS formatted disk, with one user partition 'Work' within the APFS Container.

I saw the term 'Untitled' associated with one of the Samsung drives and thought it was a Windows NTFS formatted disk, not seeing the APFS container!

Your NVME drive Crucial CT500P drive is set as BR1A, not sure what this should be but I will check it out. If this is set correctly then it may be seen as a 'Built-in' component not external, without the need for the SSDT. This is another GUID, PFS formatted disk, with one user partition 'Apps' within the APFS container.

I have been searching for a guide for your motherboard & CPU and found one over at Tonymacx86. It wasn't complete but it provided a number of fixes that your system requires. I have added these fixes - rename patches, SSDT's and kexts to the attached CLOVER folder for you to try. I didn't use all of the fixes the guide provided as they were not all required for your system, i.e. thunderbolt SSDT's and a few others that have different ACPI paths.

The SSDT_NVMe-Pcc has been amended to reflect your system and it contains a few additional bits of information that I neglected to add when first creating the SSDT for you. This should work better.

There are a number of other SSDT's in the /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder, which I took from the guide. They should deal with some of the issues I mentioned in post No 68.

One thing you may need to look into yourself is changing the smbios from iMac 14.2 to iMac Pro 1.1. This may be a better fit for your Haswell-E CPU and socket 2011-3 motherboard. iMac 14.2 is used like the old MacPro 3.1, i.e. a generic smbios that fits most systems for installation, but it is not the best fit for the long term.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
If/When you get your system running with the CLOVER folder above can you post copies of the following:
  1. IORegistry, to see what changes have occurred.
  2. Boot Log, to see what is happening when your system boots. This can be obtained from Clover configurator, Hackintool or a few other apps.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
If/When you get your system running with the CLOVER folder above can you post copies of the following:
  1. IORegistry, to see what changes have occurred.
  2. Boot Log, to see what is happening when your system boots. This can be obtained from Clover configurator, Hackintool or a few other apps.
Hey When changing to IMac Pro 1.1 Do I have to regenerate new serial numbers and the other details or simply change the version?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Yes, you need to generate a whole new smbios for it to work. Clover configuration can do this for you but you need to check the serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support to ensure it will work.

Did the CLOVER folder work?

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Yes, you need to generate a whole new smbios for it to work. Clover configuration can do this for you but you need to check the serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support to ensure it will work.

Did the CLOVER folder work?
Nope, it didn't it showed a lot of errors, I had to boot from a backup USB from the first Installation, went and put back the clover folder that I had working properly.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Shame, I had hoped these additional SSDT's etc. would help not hinder.

Can you try booting with the revised config.plist on its own and see what difference if any it makes.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Shame, I had hoped these additional SSDT's etc. would help not hinder.

Can you try booting with the revised config.plist on its own and see what difference if any it makes.
All errors are related to the patch for the NVME I think that's what caused the issues. I think I would add one thing at a time, I'll add the GPU issue first.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Ok, that makes sense if the NVME SSDT was causing the errors.

Would you believe the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc was the one I spent most time trying to get right!

The other SSDT's just matched your existing settings, as seen in your IOREG. All that is except the Ethernet SSDT, which required the GIGE to GLAN rename patch to be removed from your config.plist.

Hope you can work through the initial issues and get closer to a solidly patched system.

macOS
Mobo
MSI-X99-SLI-Plus
CPU
i7 5930k
GPU
Ok, that makes sense if the NVME SSDT was causing the errors.

Would you believe the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc was the one I spent most time trying to get right!

The other SSDT's just matched your existing settings, as seen in your IOREG. All that is except the Ethernet SSDT, which required the GIGE to GLAN rename patch to be removed from your config.plist.

Hope you can work through the initial issues and get closer to a solidly patched system.
I will, I'm gonna spend some time with it tonight.

Man, can't thank you enough! I'll keep you posted!

Latest posts