2. USB 3.0 Sandisk Ultra Fit

(both tried in USB 2.0 and 3.0) ports

1. USB Install via Hackintosh Terminal method
also tried USB install via MacDaddy.io app "InstallDiskCreator"

BIOS:
=====
Set as per Hackintosh Guide, additionally
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 128M

1st Install via USB 2.0 did go just beyond clover usb menu for 3-4 min then I got error "Unsupported PCH", then "kextd stall AppleACPICPU 240s" went on overnight without progress. I tried different clover options and removing additional files from kext folders but no luck. Both EFI used gave me same errors.
IMG_9070.JPG

2nd Install via USB 3.0 took over 25 min to go to disk utility menu then i do not get graphical install interface as shown on the guide instead installation contd on a black screen with white apple logo and a progress bar for further 3hrs to go up to 3rd reboot, however after 3rd reboot I get panic error.

IMG_9071.JPG

Verbose version is not helping as the text scrolls too quickly for diagnosis. On my SSD i can see 4 APFS partition made by USB install. There's no peripherals connected to my pc except keyboard and mouse. Therefoe I dont think it is a hardware problem. But at this point I am stumped and would like some helpful direction please? Also if someone can point a much quicker way to install it would be a great help as USB 3.0 took upto 3.5hrs to get only to 3rd reboot. USB 3.0 health test showed read/write speed as 130/30 MB/s therefore I dont know why it is taking so long to install hackintosh on an SSD.

Attachments

Last edited:

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Ok. No updates on this forum. However, after several tries I followed tonymacx86 guide with unibeast and install continued from where it left off. I now have a perfectly bootable Mojave 10.14.4.

Attachments

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
My TP-Link PCI card (PCI TP-LINK TL-WN610G) and audio is not working with including files from pre-configured EFI folder. can anyone point me to correct kext files to get these working?? Much appreciated.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Audio fixed by applying a patch AppleHDA.kext in clover. Still HDMI audio not fixed Dell S2715H speakers are not working.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
PCI Atheros AR5005GS Wireless card does not get picked up despite adding AirportAtheros40.kext.

Can anyone explain why the card works seemlessly in Sierra vmware but not in Mojave Hackintosh?

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Turns out card is too old and not supported by Mojave. I finally gave up. Found another TP-Link TL-WN723N (Realtek RTL8188SU) USB. Plugged in and installed support via Hackintosh Vietnam Tool. It picked up the USB. Dont know why the wifi icon is missing from menu bar. Cant figure out a way to make it appear.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Despite using Dell S2715H 27" monitor (supported by hackintosh build list), still can't get front speakers to work.

Also, how can one adjust screen brightness in iMac??

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
My install does not do shutdown/restart properly. System goes to shutdown and from verbose output it is shutdown but pc stays on.

Here's what I have done.

Selected 'Fix Shutdown' in clover.

Boot Flags: -v, dart=0, shikivi, debug

I thought maybe my install was corrupted so I reinstalled the macOS from scratch. It has not made any difference. Shutdown from terminal also unsuccessful.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Shutdown issue is likely to be related to your USB ports not being set correctly for macOS, i.e. creating a custom USB SSDT - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-creating-a-custom-usb-ssdt.272505/
or
creating a USBPorts.kext using Headkaze's Hackintool app - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-4-2.254559/

You probably don't need the debug or shikivi bootflags, but should probably add the darkwake=10 bootflag.

According to the specifications for your GA B250M-D3H motherboard - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B250M-D3H-rev-10#sp you have the following components in your system:
  • Audio - Realtek ALC892 codec - this will work with AppleALC.kext (Lilu.kext add-on) with the correct Audio Layout ID - 2, (4 for laptop), 5, or 7.
  • Layout IDs that Apple removed on macOS Mojave are: Layout 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 etc.
    So all of you using one of these removed layouts you need to change it in your config.plist
  • Intel Ethernet port - this will work with one of the following kexts:
    • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    • AppleIGB.kext
  • USB ports:
    • 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
    • 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
  • The USB chipset is Intel based so you just need to keep to the 15 port limit imposed by Apple since El Capitan, i.e. your 6 x USB 3.1 ports each count as a USB 3 and USB 2 port, so there are 12 ports, with the 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports that makes a total number of 18 x USB ports. Dropping 3 of the USB 2 ports from the 4 ports on the rear would probably make best use of your headers and ports.
Hope this helps.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
@Edhawk. Thank you for your reply.

1. On Hackintool app, I think USB 15 port limit set is working (I may be wrong, if so please correct me). I have attached a screenshot.

2. Audio seems to be fine except HDMI Audio is not working. Neither can I view HDMI Audio option in Audio preference. I changed layout from 1 to 2, 5, 7. Audio is still working as layout 1 (No HDMI option)

3. I have also included power options screenshot, any guidance is much appreciated.

4. additionally 'About this Mac' is showing 7MB of graphics memory after Intel HD 630. Where and how do I set it to a higher memory? BIOS DVMT is already set to 128MB. Im not even sure if its relevant.

5. I have DSDT patches enabled HDAS to HDEF, SAT0 to SATA, GFX0 to IGPU, XHCI to XHC, XHC1 to XHC. Do I need any more patches enabled?

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Your power settings are not set as I would set them, i.e. AutoPowerOff = 1 & Standby=1. They should both =0

Use the following Terminal commands to change these settings:

Terminal Command - to see current settings

sudo pmset -g

Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options

sudo pmset -a standby 0

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Try these and see what difference it makes to your system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
The USB screenshot just shows the first 15 ports. So no your USB ports are not setup correctly.

For Hackintool to show all the available ports you need do the following:

USBInjectAll.kext needs to be installed to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or /Library/Extensions. Remember to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache before you reboot if you install USBInstallAll.kext to /Library/Extensions.

Add the 3 Port Limit patches for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 to your config.plist, see the screenshot attached below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 19.51.10.png

Add the USB rename patches for EH01, EH02, XHCI and XHC1 to the ACPI section of your config.plist, see screenshot below showing the four rename patches as they appear in Clover Configurator.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 19.46.54.png

Once you reboot with these three options working on your system, Hackintool will show all the available ports on your system.

What you then need to do is test and identify each port twice, to see which work with a USB 2 drive and then a USB 3 drive. You also need to set/record each port as the correct type, i.e. USB 2, USB 3 or internal header. Make sure you write down which port number is allocated to each port when you test it. Note that some ports will have two entries some will only have one.

Here is a screenshot showing my USB ports in Hackintool - As you can see ports HS04, HS11, HS13 & HS14 are not showing, as they have been omitted from my setup to keep within the 15 port limit.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 19.27.05.png

When you compare your screenshot to mine you can see there is a difference, yours is just showing the first 15 ports, whereas mine is showing all the active ports on my High Sierra system.

Once you have the USB ports correctly identified and have used Hackintool to create a USBPorts.kext or SSDT, select the Export button below the list of USB ports to generate the SSDT etc. Then you can remove the port limit patches, you should never need them again even for new versions of macOS.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Thank you so much Edhawk for all your guidance. After USB port patching my install finally reboot/shutdown successfully. I can't thank you enough.

I figured out graphics memory fix via FakePCIID method, which I'll try tomorrow. Still no luck with HDMI Audio.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
How are you speakers connected to your monitor and Hack? Do you use a monitor with built-in speakers?

I have an old iiyama 24" monitor with HDMI connection and built-in speakers. Connecting any of my hacks to this monitor via HDMI requires me to change the audio output selection for it to work in macOS.

For my main systems I have a pair of Dell U2515H monitors, which have USB speakers mounted below each screen. Both monitors are connected to each system, one via 2 x DP and the other via 2 x mDP cables. The speakers are USB and one is connected to my iMac1 and the other to my iMac2 Hack, which can be seen in my signature below. I can have audio from one of the speakers from each system. (not sure I explained this very well!)

My DisplayPort and HDMI connections have audio but these actually don't connect to the USB speakers. I can select the Dell monitors or Digital Out and neither will give me audio. I have to select the Dell USB speaker for audio on either system.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 20.07.40.png
Screenshot of drop down list of available audio sources on my High Sierra hack.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 20.10.02.png
Screenshot showing the audio out option I selected in System Preferences > Sound > Output

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 20.11.14.png
Screenshot showing Sound Effects with my Dell USB speakers selected for audio output.

Also you should be aware that macOS has no volume control options built-in for DisplayPort or HDMI audio. You need to either buy and install a third party app or use the volume controls on the monitor/display.

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Audio on the motherboard is working fine. No problem.
My install does not pick up Dell Monitor as yours. Dell S2715H series is similar to U series which have built in speakers underneath. Monitor is hooked up with a HDMI cable.

My audio pref only show Digital Out, Internal Speakers, Line Out, Line Out.
No monitor or HDMI option underneath.
My understanding is if I have Audio - Realtek ALC892 codec configured (which I do) and by following this guide tonymacx86 Apple HDA , HDMI should appear. Am I wrong?? (and yes, I am aware of the volume control limitations in macOS)

The strange thing is even Hackintool does not pickup my monitor as display page has no entry.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I have had a look at your config.plist and attached a revised config_josl.plist below. The revised config_josl.plist needs to be renamed as 'config.plist' before you use it.

You also need to add the attached SSDT-XOSI ACPI file to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder, it along with one of the DSDT/SSDT rename patches will improve how macOS works with your system.

The changes I have made to your config.plist include the following:

ACPI Section
  • Added a number of common DSDT/SSDT rename patches
  • Removed a number of DSDT fixes
  • Added a couple of different DSDT fixes
  • Removed the Generate PStates and CStates
  • Added PluginType=true
  • Added Plugin Type=1
  • Added ACPI fixes AutoMerge, FixHeaders & Halt Enabler
BOOT Section
  • Added a few additional boot arguments, -cdfon, -igfxnohdmi, dart=0
  • Changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=10
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
CPU Section
  • Removed HWPEnable=true
  • Removed UseARTFrequency=true
Devices Section
  • Removed UseIntelHDMI=true
  • Added Properties for your HD 630 Graphics and audio
GUI section
  • Added Scan > Custom > Entries & Tool=true
  • Added Number of common hide volume names
Kernel and Kext Patches Section
  • Removed two Kernel patches - Kernel CPU and Kernel LAPIC
  • Removed FakeCPUID
  • Removed some obsolete patches- old USB port limit patches, MSR patches, patches for mobile HD 630 and Sierra patches for HD 630
  • Added patch for external icons
  • Added USB port Limit patches for 10.14.4
Rt Variables Section
  • Copied Smbios Serial Board Number to MLB
Try this revised config, plist and let me know if it helps. Don't forget to add the SSDT-XOSI to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder.

Attachments

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Thank you for the plist. I added the SSDT to patched folder in ACPI. Renamed plist. but I was unable to boot.

While progress bar is half way during boot, screen goes black and monitor goes on standby.
Hack is not booting. adding verbose did not help as it goes too fast to take in what's really happening.

I'll do a trial and error approach tonight to see what may be preventing it from booting. I'll gradually add bits from supplied plist one by one to see where the fault lies.

Many thanks again for Framebuffer injects/properties in the plist. Many of the minor problematic issues in my install are due to the absence of the FB patches.
I found one of your post links on this website to An Idiot's Guide to Lilu effectively a revelation for me. :) I'll post update on how it goes.

Last edited:

josl

macOS
Mobo
GA B250M-D3H
CPU
i5 7500 3.40GHz
GPU
iGPU 630
Reversed back to my bootable config.plist​
Configured FrameBuffer patches for KabyLake via Hackintool, applied patch via plist editor​
Issues fixed: vram is 1532MB, Display>dell monitor model, Audio>HDMI option appears (NO sound via hdmi)​
Upon reboot pink tint and flickering (Cause 5K display in current smbios 18,3)​
1. Flickering fixed by changing smbios to 18,1​
2. Pink tint (Due to incorrect hdmi port mapping).​
  • IORegistryExplorer
  • Searched IGPU
  • Multiple AppleIntelFramebuffer connections
  • Choose the one with AppleDisplay property mine was AppleIntelFramebuffer@0
  • connector-type property was set to <04 00 00 00> (Digital DVI), changed it to <00 08 00 00> (HDMI)
  • framebuffer-con0-enable = 01000000
  • framebuffer-con0-type = 00080000
  • Applied patch to Devices > Properties via plist editor
  • Reboot, Tint gone and this enabled hdmi audio

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Glad you sorted your Graphics issues out.

Latest posts