(SOLVED) OpenCore Catalina stuck at IOConsoleUsers:gIOLockState (3... on Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2

macOS
Mobo
C240 Series CM 246 Lenovo X1 Extreme gen 2
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz
GPU
Intel UHD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA 1650 Max-Q
Hi, I followed Dortania's OpenCore guide on install Catalina/Big Sur. My setup is Lenovo X1 Extreme gen 2:

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Chipset Model: C240 Series CM 246 Keyboard,
TrackPad and Touchscreen Connection Type: SM BUS: PCI0.LPCB.MOU (SMBUS); I2C: SB.PCI0.I2C0; USB: PS2 Compliant Trackpad
- Audio: Intel Cannon Point PCH - CX8070 Analog
- Wifi: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter
- Wired: Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-LM (Lenovo) PCI0.GLAN
- Drive: Sabrent 2TB + Samsung factory drive SM 981 Display: 4K

My BIOS is really weird (BIOS) I am stuck at the first error (Error1) when I try running hybrid graphics, but if I switch to discrete graphics, it can run until it hits the second error (error2). I've tried patching GPU, have boot-arg -wegnoegpu but nothing worked. On 2nd error, if I disable SuperIO it's still stuck there anyways.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Remove the VoodooRMI 1.2-Debug folder from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

Remove the two SMC Sensor kexts: SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext, from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and the config.plist.

The Error2 image could as easily be related to an issue with the SMCSuperIO.kext as your systems SuperIO/Serial Port. Possibly not matching the VirtualSMC.kext version or just causing a glitch during the boot process.

You definitely need to disable the Serial Port in the bios. As above disabling the SuperIO in the bios may be unrelated to the SuperIO kernel panic.

You might want to look at adding a few Rename Patches to the ACPI > Patch section of the config, specifically for XHCI to XHC, PPMC to PPMR etc. I know Dortania say these are cosmetic, but they can't not help.

Your DeviceProperties entries for the IGPU are a bit convoluted and possibly wrong:

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 21.22.38.png

You are using a Framebuffer 0x3E9B0008, which is a Mobile framebuffer that only supports 1 display connector. If your laptop has another display connector, e.g. HDMI or DP for an external display then you might want to select another framebuffer, such as 0x3EA50009

I don't think you need the bottom four Properties for the IGPU.

The Framebuffer sets the Framebuffer memory allocation.

device-id is only required when faking the IGPU.

Do you need the PAVP device enabled, this is supposed to be fixed in the more recent versions of WEG.

What is the igfxfx entry, it is not listed on the WhateverGreen.kext Readme page.

You have the alcid=1 boot argument and Devices Properties entry for your Audio codec as seen in the screenshot above, remove one of them from the config.plist.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
GPU
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply. I am very desperate with my machine right now. My bad for not mentioned, my device is a laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2. I tried every solutions I can find in Dortania's Troubleshooting guide for the error!
- "Remove the VoodooRMI 1.2-Debug folder from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder." Done
- "Remove the two SMC Sensor kexts: SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext, from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and the config.plist." May I ask why remove the SMCProcessor kext?
- "You definitely need to disable the Serial Port in the bios. As above disabling the SuperIO in the bios may be unrelated to the SuperIO kernel panic.": My laptop doesn't have a serial port or any entry related in BIOS, so I assumed this is Done also.
- "Your DeviceProperties entries for the IGPU are a bit convoluted and possibly wrong:" I tried the original value of Dortania's Guide, it didn't work. I should've saved a screenshot when running the original value given on the guide. The last 4 entries was removed, ran again, and it stuck on error 1 photo, which is the same or near this line: IOConsoleUsers:gIOLockState (3...
If you have time to check my EFI folder again, I'm posting a new EFI folder that I minimize stuff for troubleshooting. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I'll have a look tomorrow.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
GPU
Thank you, I can't find another way for it to work

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No SSDT-EC.aml present in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. This is likely to be the cause of the current kernel panic.

Attached EFI contains pre-built SSDT-EC-USBX-Dortania-Laptop.aml, entry for the new SSDT has been added to the config.plist.

I have removed the standalone SSDT-USBX.aml, as the information in this SSDT is present in the new SSDT-EC-USBX-Dortania-Laptop.aml table.

Merry Christmas.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
CPU
GPU
Hi,
I decided to read the clover folder from one guy who has the same x1 extreme gen 2 with me, and convert/copy the difference between his config.plist and mine. I also used the SSDT-EC-USBX-Dortania-Laptop.aml file you added, not sure which one solved the issue, but finally I got it to work. I haven't done anything post-installation yet, but if anyone has the same issue
IOConsoleUsers:gIOLockState (3...
on Lenovo machines, I added framebuffer-unifiedmem inside the device property for my iGPU.

Again thank you so much for your help, and happy holidays since New Year coming soon!

Attachments

jjmvtapple

macOS
10.15.4, 10.15.7
Mobo
GA-Z490m-GamingX
CPU
GPU
UHD630
Hi,
I decided to read the clover folder from one guy who has the same x1 extreme gen 2 with me, and convert/copy the difference between his config.plist and mine. I also used the SSDT-EC-USBX-Dortania-Laptop.aml file you added, not sure which one solved the issue, but finally I got it to work. I haven't done anything post-installation yet, but if anyone has the same issue
IOConsoleUsers:gIOLockState (3...
on Lenovo machines, I added framebuffer-unifiedmem inside the device property for my iGPU.

Again thank you so much for your help, and happy holidays since New Year coming soon!

Would you mind sharing the EFI you used that finally worked?
I'm encountering the same IOConsoleUsers:gIOLockState (3...
Only my configuration is a 1080p and 9880h X1 Extreme Gen 2