macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Hi I really struggle with Wifi problem.
After a bunch of try and finding a solution in net, I got no luck.
I am sorry for my bad english XD

I successfully installed Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 vanilla on my PC, everything works fine, but when I try to fix USB 3.0 then my Wifi can't connect to the router, always asking for a password. but when I remove the USB 3.0 patch, the wifi works again.

To make my explanation easier, I included a screenshot when I implemented USB 3.0 Fixing and without it.

so when USB 3.0 patch is applied
- wifi only shows the closest router and cannot be connected only asking for a password
+ USB 3.0 works properly

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.02.19.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.03.25.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.04.13.png

When not doing a USB 3.0 patch
+ wifi works fine
- USB 3.0 is limited (as shown in the screenshot)

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.10.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.10.38.png

My PC specifications

GA Z87M D3H
i7 4770
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
16GB RAM
wifi + bt combo bcm94360cs2 with pcie converter

Broadcom-BCM94360CS2-to-Desktop-PCIe-Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Dual-Band-wifi-card-1X-2pcs-6D...jpg

I attach my EFI
I hope you have a solution for me. Thank you very much

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Today I make comparison. I see different at Supported Channels and Country Code. Does anyone know how to change the Supported Channels ?
wifi usb 3 testing.jpg

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The supported channels are linked to the Country Code. You need to set the Country Code correctly, for the country you are living in. Otherwise your WiFi may be looking to connect to channels that don't exist or work with your router. Your router should also be set correctly for your country.

I have attached a CLOVER folder for you to try.

It has been created from the CLOVER folder I use with a Gigabyte H87M-HD3 motherboard, i5-4440 CPU, Nvidia GTX 780Ti dGPU, Broadcom BCM943602CS card on a PCIe adapter for WiFi and Bluetooth.

The config contains the settings I use with this system, which works perfectly in macOS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra (all three OS's are installed on a single APFS SSD). The SMBIOS is iMac 14.2, as this matches the Apple system using this Haswell CPU.

The config contains the Country Code for United Kingdom - GB.
  1. Format a spare USB pen drive (any size drive over 1GB). Use these settings in Disk Utility:
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 12.58.37.png Disk Utility - USB named 'Clover'
  2. Install a recent version of Clover to the 'Clover' USB pen drive.
    • Clover should be installed in UEFI mode for your motherboard, not legacy. As the bios for your Haswell, Socket 1150 motherboard is UEFI not legacy.
    • Follow the steps shown below:
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.07.29.png Download and open recent Clover installer app.
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.23.png Select Continue Button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.31.png Select Continue Button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.43.png Select Continue Button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select 'Change Install Location' button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.56.png Select the Clover USB pen drive, select Continue Button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select 'Customise' Button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.18.png Select the top two options in the menu. Select Install Button.
    • Don't worry about any of the other customisation options, the attached CLOVER folder will deal with them.
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.34.png Enter your password and select Install Software button
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.10.58.png Close the Clover installer when it completes.
    • You should have these two Partition icons on your Desktop,
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.14.png Open the EFI Partition
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.27.png Open the EFI folder
    • Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.36.png Replace the CLOVER folder in the EFI folder with the one I attached below. Your USB pen drive should be good for a test of the revised CLOVER folder.
  3. When you restart your system press the F8 key when the Gigabyte Splash Screen appears. This will bring up the boot order menu. Select the UEFI partition on the USB Drive, so Clover from the USB is selected not your normal Clover folder. You should be able to tell that the Clover folder being used is different as the config.plist in the revised CLOVER folder uses a different Clover boot theme - MacOSX theme.
  4. Select your Catalina drive icon from the Clover boot screen options.
See what difference this CLOVER folder makes for your system.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Thank you for your response. BTW I honestly waiting you Edhawk to answer my question,I read a few of your answer posts and it was very helpful.

I have tried the CLOVER that you provided, I got some issues
  • the usb 3.0 works, my bluetooth was not detected, it's using HS13. so I made a my own USBPorts.kext using Hackintool, now my BT works well.
  • Audio not working, I don't know why, the audio not working
  • Wifi works sometime, the Country Code changed to X3, normally after restarting the computer the wifi is immediately connected, but now it takes about 10 seconds to connect itself, also only the closest SSID is detected, the internet speed not really good
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 03.52.06.png

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Today I make a experiment, I tried combination of my EFI and yours. I used SMBIOS iMac 14.2, I tried modify USBInjectAll.kext with my USB mapping, now my Bluetooth and USB 3.0 works.

but again, every time I am doing patch the USB mapping or remove USB port limit using USBInjectAll.kext or USBPort.kext or just using Clover Configuration KextToPatch the result always the same, my wifi has a problem with internet speed or won't connect to SSID at all.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 23.44.36.png

is there any problem with USB power management or something?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You shouldn't be using USBInjectAll.kext and a USBPorts.kext together. They are not compatible USBPorts.kext doesn't use or need USBInjectAll.kext.

USBInjectAll.kext is only required when using the port limit patches or an SSDT-UIAC.aml.
  1. Remove USBInjectAll.kext
  2. Disable any USB port limit patches in the KextsToPatch section of your config.plist.
  3. Retain the USB rename patches in the ACPI Fixes section of your config.plist.
Set the Country Code boot argument to match the country you are in.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 17.58.31.png

Do not use another country code as it will only cause issues between your WiFi card and Router.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
You shouldn't be using USBInjectAll.kext and a USBPorts.kext together. They are not compatible USBPorts.kext doesn't use or need USBInjectAll.kext.

USBInjectAll.kext is only required when using the port limit patches or an SSDT-UIAC.aml.
  1. Remove USBInjectAll.kext
  2. Disable any USB port limit patches in the KextsToPatch section of your config.plist.
  3. Retain the USB rename patches in the ACPI Fixes section of your config.plist.
Okay I'll try now and let you know.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
I already tried. but still the same. country code not changed. and the Wifi speed still not good

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 00.10.34.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 00.13.36.png

add bcmfx-country=ID too, Indonesian

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 00.10.43.png

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Are you living in Indonesia, as that is the code you posted above - ID.

If not confirm your country of residence.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Are you living in Indonesia, as that is the code you posted above - ID.

If not confirm your country of residence.
Yes I am living in Indonesia, I added bcmfx-country=ID to boot, but after reboot Country Code not changed, it's still GB

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have just inspected the EFI folder and would confirm the following:

/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • Adding the SSDT.dsl and SSDT-PLNF.dsl files to this folder is a waste of time. The .dsl flies re disassembled tables and do nothing. They need to be saved as SSDT.aml and SSDT-PLNF.aml to work.
  • I have saved the two .dsl files as ,aml table and added them to the /CLOER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • I have deleted the two .dsl tables.
  • I have regenerated these three SSDT's using the DSDT.aml in your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder:
    • SSDT-EC.aml
    • SSDT-HPET.aml
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • I have added the IRQ and TMR rename patches generated as part of the SSDTTime terminal process to your config.plist
CLOVER sub-folders:
  • You do not need the /Clover/drivers64UEFI folder if you are using a new version of clover that uses the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • The pref.plist in the CLOVER folder does nothing, delete it.
  • You do not need the BIOS, off or off-unused memory drivers sub-folders, with the /CLOVER/drivers folder. they can be deleted.
  • Your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder contains a lot of unnecessary drivers, you can delete the following drivers:
    • AppleImageCodec.efi
    • AppleKeyAggregator.efi
    • AppleUITheme.efi
    • AudioDxe.efi
    • FirmwareVolume.efi
    • NvmExpressDxe.efi
    • UsbKbDxe.efi
    • UsbMouseDxe.efi
  • Your /CLOVER/kexts folder contains s numbest of unnecessary sub-folders, which can be deleted.
  • Your /CLOVER/kexts/Off folder contains three Bluetooth kexts, these kexts can be deleted along with the folder. You do not need these kexts with your Broadcom WiFi/BT card.
  • Your /CLOER/kexts/Other folder contains IntelMausi.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext. They are not use as your motherboard has a Realtek Ethernet port.
  • Your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder contains a USBPorts.kext, so you do not need any USB port limit patches in your config.plist
  • Your /CLOVER/themes folder contains four themes but you are only using the DarkBootX theme. The other can be deleted.
  • The misc folder contains a debug.log, which equates to a bootlog for your system. This shows the boot process for your system. This log shows the following:
    • EmuVariableUefi.efi driver is causing a delay in the boot. It can be deleted from the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
    • You have a number of USB drives attached while booting, unless you are booting from one of these drives you should remove and only attach them when you need them.
    • None of the SSDT's in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder are being injected.

/CLOVER/config.plist

ACPI SECTION:

DSDT Rename patches:
  • You do not need the change EC0 to EC_ rename patch.
  • Your DSDT uses the H_EC name so you need to use the change H_EC to EC_ rename patch.
  • You need the change B0D3 to HDAU rename patch
  • You need the change EHC1 to EH01 rename patch
  • You need the change EHC2 to EH02 rename patch
  • You need the change XHCI to XHC_ rename patch
  • You do not need the change XHC1 to XHC_ rename patch
  • You do not need the change HECI to IMEI rename patch
  • You need the change GFX0 to IGPU rename patch
  • You need the change PEG0 to GFX0 rename patch
  • You need the change SAT0 to SATA rename patch
  • You need the change GLAN to GIGE rename patch
  • You do not need the new change PPMC to PPMR rename patch
  • I have added the HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename patch
  • I have aded the RTC IRQ 8 patch
  • I have added the TMR IRQ 0 patch
APCI Fixes:
  • Enable the FixShutdown option
  • Enable the FixRegions option
  • Enable the DeleteUnused option
  • Enable the FixMutex option
  • The FixPIC, FixHPET, FixRTC and FixTMR options are dealt with by the new SSDT-HPET in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
Drop Tables:
  • You do not need the Drop Tables 'MATS' entry, as your system doesn't contain this table.
SSDT Fixes:
  • You do not need to use the Plugin Type=1 option, the new SSDT-Plug deals with this issue.
  • You should use the FixHeaders option.
Generate Options:
  • You do not need to use the PluginType=true for CPU power management if you are using an SSDT for power management.
BOOT SECTION:

Arguments:
  • You have the brcmfx-driver=0 boot argument present, which calls the wrong driver for your WiFi card. This should be changed to brcmfx-driver=2 so the AirPortBrcmNIC driver is loaded, as that is the driver you WiFi card needs.
    • For clarity these are the four options that work with this boot argument:
      • brcmfx-driver=0 - installs AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG,
      • brcmfx-driver=1 - installs AirPortBrcm4360,
      • brcmfx-driver=2 - installs AirPortBrcmNIC,
      • brcmfx-driver=3 - installs AirPortBrcm4331
  • You should add the debug=0x100 boot argument to go along with the keepsysms=1 argument, so you can see the kernel panic in the verbose text should you need to use the verbose boot argument.
  • You do not need to specify the Default Loader, boot.efi can be omitted
  • The TimeOut feature should be set at 3 seconds as a minimum
DEVICES SECTION:

Fake ID Options:
  • You do not need to populate all the Fake ID boxes with 0x0
USB Options:
  • You should have the following USB options enabled/set as true
    • Inject=true
    • FixOwnership=true
Audio Options:
  • You should have ResetHDA=true
  • If you are using the Devices > Properties option for Audio then you do not need to set the Audio Inject=1 option. This should be No or blank.
GUI SECTION:

Mouse options:
  • These should be set as Double Click=500 and Speed=8
Scan Options:
  • You do not need to set Scan > Legacy=First, as you have a UEFI system
Hide Volume options:
  • I wold add the following hide volume names to the config, so the Clover boot screen is kept clear of any unnecessary partition icons:
    • \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    • Preboot
    • Recovery
    • Windows
    • Legacy
Graphics Options:
  • You need to add the following graphics options:
    • Inject Intel=true - for your Intel HD4600 IGPU
    • RadeonDeInit=true - for your AMD RX 590 dGPU
KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES SECTION:

Kernel Fixes:
  • You should add the KernelXCPM=true option
KextsToPatch options:
  • Delete the two Catalina USB port Limit patches
  • Add the SSDT Trim Enable option
RtVariables Options:
  • You should populate the MLB option with your Board Serial Number
  • You should generate a ROM, based on your iMac 14.2 SMBIOS
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder containing all of the above recommendations for your system.

Try this revised CLOVER folder and see what difference it makes.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Thank you for your help, it's very detailed, I really appreciate.

Actually I don't really understand about configuration of clover, I just followed a few tutorials and experimented.
This time I tried the clover you shared,

it looks like the correct one is brcmfx-country=ID instead of bcmfx-country=ID, I edited it.
I just fixed it and didn't edit anything else.

After I tried it turns out that the kernel panic, what should I do?

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
EmuVariableUefi.efi driver is causing a delay in the boot. It can be deleted from the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
I read your post above I did an experiment
So when I deleted the EmuVariableUefi.efi it show kernel panic like the photo I shared above, Normally boot when I add EmuVariableUefi.efi

Audio Options:
  • You should have ResetHDA=true
  • If you are using the Devices > Properties option for Audio then you do not need to set the Audio Inject=1 option. This should be No or blank.
I try the Audio Option that you recommend but unfortunately the audio not working the icon changed to grey. I set ResetHDA=false and Inject=1 and Audio working again.

with editing that now I can boot, but the wifi problem still exist, and Locate : ETSI and Country Code : X3 internet speed still not OK

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
I want to report the results of my experiment to you.

so when I add AirportBrcmFixup.kext then brcmfx-country=ID or using other country code will work, it can seen to System Report > Wifi, but it doesn't affect the internet speed and the amount of SSID displayed, it's just show the nearest SSID

when I deleted USBPorts.kext and adding USBInjectAll.kext then Wifi will function perfectly but without USB 3.0 of course.

This experiment uses the CLOVER that you gave to me.

I'am so confused with this case, :cry:. it's been a week I try to fix this but no lucky.

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
KextsToPatch options:
  • Delete the two Catalina USB port Limit patches
  • Add the SSDT Trim Enable option
Okay after a lot of testing, if the two Catalina USB port Limit patches not activated so the wifi speed will be so slow, around half of the true speed also show only nearest SSID.

What should I do now ? :geek:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I'm out of ideas if I'm honest.

I don't understand how these other kexts, patches, boot arguments etc are effecting your Wifi and USB ports to this extent.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z87M D3H
CPU
Core i7 4770
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB
thank you for all your help, I really appreciate.

For temporary I'll use clover from you and using USBInjectAll.kext, but now I am facing new problem :LOL:, my system freeze after wake up from sleep, it just blank screen and I need to reboot by pressing reset button on my PC to get it work again.

is there something wrong with my bios settings ?

I set Vt-D enable or disable its doesn't affect anything

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The system freezing after waking from sleep is not a Bios issue. It is an issue with your Sleep/Hibernation settings and probably related to other issues such as your USB configuration and your Radeon RX 590 not being setup correctly for macOS.

Your bios should be set so Vt-d is DISABLED.

Do not keep entering and chaining the Bios settings when you have an issue with macOS. If your system boots then it is unlikely to be a bios issue causing the problems you are encountering.

Just for clarity these are the BIOS settings you should be using when running macOS:
  1. 1Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
For your Dedicated Graphics + Integrated graphics card, use these settings:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
  4. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
Your Bios will be very similar to the one I have in my H87 and Z87MX systems, so you will have all of these settings present in your bios. If you can't find one, keep looking in all the sub-menu's until you have them set correctly.

Save and exit.

You can before you saved exit the bios do something simple that will save you a lot of repeat work. All Gigabyte bios's allow you to save a Bios Profile. You can save one with these settings for macOS, so if they are changed or messed up in the future you can simply apply the saved macOS Bios Profile for them to be set correctly.

Latest posts