macOS
Mobo
ROG Strix z390-i Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
GPU
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 590
Hello,

I could use some advice on an error I'm getting after choosing to boot my usb installer with Clover. Attempting the Vanilla method. System specs and picture of error follows:

MB: ROG Strix z390-I Gaming
GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 590
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

upload me - 0001.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Do you have anything else connected to your system, via internal PCI-e, PCI or USB port? As the image you have provided states that an IO device has caused a fatal KP.

I would suggest you try installing macOS with the bare minimum of components connected, including any USB devices, you just need your mouse, keyboard and display nothing else to get macOS up and running. You can add the other devices after you have macOS running correctly with your base system.

If you post a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder, I can have a look to see if it needs any changes or tweaking to suit your system.

spiritMac

macOS
Mobo
ROG Strix z390-i Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
GPU
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I do have my mini ITX H200i fans as well as Corsair liquid cooler led light attached to the motherboard USB header. I'll try disconnecting those and run the USB installer again. Also have my graphics card plugged in as well, should I remove that? In the meantime here is my EFI folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc5i5pcv466melt/AADtex7unRnF44A66xKooA6Ja?dl=0

Thank you again so much for jumping in to help me, you're a big encouragement!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
The H200i fans should be fine, if they are just connected to the motherboard fan headers. If there is a USB connection, just disconnect the USB.

Graphics card is also fine.

Disconnect the LED's USB.

I have just opened your EFI/CLOVER folder and noticed you are missing a number of folders that a normally present in the CLOVER folder. The ACPI folder ( plus the Origin/patched & Windows sub-folders) and the Rom and misc folders are all missing from the Dropbox download. Have you added anything to any of these folders?

I will have a look at what is present in your CLOVER folder and get back to your shortly.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Just a word of note. The Intel AC 9560 WiFi/BT card that comes installed in your motherboard will never work with macOS.

The Bluetooth side of this card is connected via a USB port, that is within the motherboard connector. This card should be removed from the motherboard and replaced with a Broadcom compatible WiFi/BT combo card, so you have working WiFI and Bluetooth with macOS.

But it should be removed even if you don't use WiFi as it is likely to cause an issue with the USB setup for macOS.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I've gone through your CLOVER folder and made the following changes:
  • Added ACPI folder and three sub-folders.
  • Added ROM and misc folders
  • Added SSDT-XOSI to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
  • Changed/deleted and updated the drivers in /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  • Deleted the 10.6 folder from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder.
  • Updated and added a couple of kexts to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, adding the Ethernet, USB and Audio kexts for your system.
  • Added 'Metal theme to /CLOVER/themes folder.
I have gone through your config.plist and made the following changes:
  • Added a number of common DSDT/SSDT rename patches
  • Added a couple of DSDT/SSDT fixes
  • Added a couple of ACPI fixes
  • Added PluginType=1
  • Deleted two debug boot arguments
  • Added darkwake=10 boot argument
  • Added Legacy=PBR
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
  • Changed Devices > Properties AAPL, ig-platform-id=0300923E to match your Coffee Lake CPU and dGPU
  • Added mouse settings
  • Added English language
  • Added Screen Resolution=1920x1080
  • Added Clover theme 'metal'
  • Added a number of common Hide Volume names
  • Added Inject Intel=true
  • Added ig-platform-id= 0x3E920003
  • Added RadeonDeInit=true (for your dGPU)
  • Deleted the obsolete USB port limit patches for Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave 10.14.x
  • Added the four USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.5
  • Added Enable Trim for SSD
  • Set SIP as disabled, CrsActiveConfig=0x67
  • Set MLB to match new Board Serial Number
  • Generated new ROM code
  • Generated new SMBIOS for iMac 19.2, checked this Serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support, this is the best match for your CPU.
A revised CLOVER folder is attached with all these changes. Try it in place of your current CLOVER folder, simply overwrite the existing CLOVER folder on your USB installer.

Let me know how you get on.

Attachments

spiritMac

macOS
Mobo
ROG Strix z390-i Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
GPU
Ahh good info on the wifi/BT, thank you. I'm within my return window for the motherboard, if all else fails I'll try taking it back for another one.

Thank you for putting together that EFI folder! I replaced my current one with it, ran it, and got different errors this time, which was oddly encouraging to see haha. Here's a screenshot, let me know if the pic is too small to read:

errors.jpg

Also my BIOS is configured to match the specs below:
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 7.18.06 PM.png

Best,
spirit

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Your bios settings look fine.

I will have a look at the CLOVER folder and see what I have added to cause this KP.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Your CLOVER folder is OK and doesn't need any changes as far as I can see.

I have made two changes to the config.plist:
  1. I have added 'kext-dev-mode=1' boot argument, so Lilu.kext should be allowed and not cause the AppleCredentialManger to be called.
  2. I have added 'AppleIntelCPUPM=true' to the Kernel fixes in Kernels and Kext Patches section.
Rename the configv2.plist to config.plist before you use it.

See if these changes make any difference.

Attachments

spiritMac

macOS
Mobo
ROG Strix z390-i Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
GPU
Thank you for the updated .plist file. I took it for a spin today and I am getting the same screen that I shared in my previous post (with the ACPI errors and exceptions.) Should I try unplugging stuff from the motherboard again?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
At this point I would recommend erasing and recreating your USB Installation drive. Just to make sure it is not causing the issues you are facing.

Start at the very beginning:
  1. Delete the Mojave installation app from your Applications folder.
  2. Remove it from Trash.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Download a new copy of the Mojave Installation app from the App Store.
  5. Erase and format a different USB Drive, if not use the same one as before but name it 'Untitled'. Make sure you save a copy of the CLOVER folder from the USB Drive before you erase it.
  6. Restore Mojave 10.14.5 to the USB using the CreateInstallMedia Terminal Command;
    • sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
  7. Install latest version of Clover to the USB, for UEFI booting Only, don't worry about any other settings as they are covered by the CLOVER folder we created.
  8. Overwrite the CLOVER folder created on the USB Drive, which should be mounted on the desktop, with the one we created.
Try installing Mojave with the new Installation drive.

Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

spiritMac

macOS
Mobo
ROG Strix z390-i Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
GPU
Thank you for your help. I found a guide that has almost my exact hardware. The instructions and included EFI Folder allowed me to install MacOS and run successfully. The link is here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-i7-8700k-sapphire-rx580-pulse-build.272572/

The only issue I'm having now is that bluetooth has mysteriously stopped working after a few days of running MacOS on my build. Still works under windows. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for your time and help during this process. Very grateful for the community here, would have been impossible without you all.

Sent you some beer money via PayPal for your help ;)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Check your USB ports, is the port your BT is connected to active?

Have you created a SSDT-UIAC for your system, or are you using someone else’s SSDT?

Latest posts