Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
hey hackintoshers,
iam trying to install mac os catalina 10.15 in my laptop
i followed this guide to make a bootable usb
https://hackintosher.com/guides/how-to-make-a-macos-10-15-catalina-flash-drive-installer/
and it done
then i mounted EFI partition and copied EFI folder in it (EFI folder in the guide =)
then i reboot and boot from mac os and then as the image STUCK
(i noticed that the track pad does not work when i boot from USB)
i feel sad and i want help ,i bought this laptop to install mac os on it

my specs :
Lenovo Ideapad L340
Intel Core i7-8565U
Intel UHD 620
i also include the bios setting in attachments
please help !!!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You need to change your bios settings so the Graphics used are not your discrete card, but your Integrated card.

Your Nvidia discrete graphics card won't work with macOS, it will need to be disabled for macOS to work.

You need to confirm the exact model of the laptop Lenovo Ideapad L340 xxxx, what are the last part of the model identification.

In order to create a CLOVER folder we need to know more about the following components, you should be able to find this from Windows Device Manager:
  • Audio codec - Realtek ALCxxx
  • Wifi - Make and model
  • BT - Make and model
  • USB - Intel or Other controller.
You should be aware that only a select few WiFI/BT cards work with macOS. You will have to replace the WiFi/BT card if it is an Intel, Realtek and most Atheros cards. The preferred WiFi/BT card for Apple is Broadcom. You will probably need to purchase a Broadcom card if you want to use the laptop with macOS.

You should also be aware that Hacking a Laptop is a lot more difficult than Hacking a Desktop system. You have a lot of reading and a fairly steep learning curve ahead of you.

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
Lenovo ideapad L340-15iwl

Audio ,Wifi ,BT ,USB all realtek

what i should do sir know
i followed many guides
it even not get me into setup process
how could i do ?!!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I will have a look at the laptop on the Lenovo site and see what I can do.

I am not promising anything, as sometimes the components in a laptop do not lend themselves to being Hackintosh'd.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have attached a patched DSDT for you to try.

It only has the Battery and AC Power patches applied at present. As I want to know if this boots with your system, or not, before I add any other patches to the DSDT.

I had to build a specific Battery patch for your laptop, as the Lenovo Idealpad battery patches in Rehabman's laptop repository didn't match your DSDT battery requirements. This one compiles successfully without any errors.

If it works I will share the Battery patch edits with Rehabman, so he can add it to the repository for the Lenovo L340 system.

Copy the attached DSDT.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Remove any other patched DSDT from this folder. Reboot and see if your Battery and AC power adapter work as intended under macOS. They should both show correctly in the System Information > Power report tab.

These battery/AC patches will work with the ACPIBatteryManager.kext previously provided. So you should be able to see the power percentage on your Desktop Menu bar.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to revert back to your original patched DSDT, delete the one I provided.

The DSDT I provided obvioulsy needs something else fixing to get it working correctly with regrds the Battery and AC adapter. At least the laptop booted with the patched DSDT, so it was not too wrong, so as to cause a kernel panic.

I will try to have a look at this again, but I am not promising that it will be soon.