macOS
Mobo
ASRock AB350 Pro4
CPU
Ryzen 1500x
GPU
Asus 1050 Ti
Hello all,

So I'm new to the Hackintosh game so please bear with me here.

My Setup
-Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
-CPU: Ryzen 1500x
-GPU: Asus GTX 1050ti
-Ram: 2x4Gb 2400 DDR4
-SSD: SanDisk 240GB (Where I plan to install OSx)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Guide I Followed: Fresh installing macOS High Sierra on AMD Ryzen Hackintosh Guide (10.13) - Hackintosher

My Install Thus Far:

I was doing great up until Step 7. When I got to step 7 it started out good. It was the black screen with the apple logo and the loader bar. After about 15-20 minutes, I came back into the room and it had the no smoking icon on a black screen. So like your guide said, I restarted it and went back in through bios settings and into clover. After I got there, Instead of having the 2 cylinders I now have 3 (The left one says- Boot os x install from install macOS High Sierra, the middle one says- boot macOS from Hackintosh, and the one on the right says- boot recovery from recovery HD).

I went to the middle one (boot from Hackintosh) and when I do, it just gives me the black screen with the apple logo. I sat with it like this for about 20 minutes and it never changed. So i restarted the computer and tried the recovery one and the same thing happened.

I also ran it in verbose mode and this is the code it gave me when I tried to boot through hackintosh

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting ovverrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block:no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next:
After continuously trying and failing, I could not get past this step. So I decided to just start all over again from step one of the guide. After reconfiguring the USB drive again and resetting up Bios I tried it all over again. This time, I couldn't even get past the first boot in clover. When I went to boot from the USB, I just get stuck on the black screen with the apple logo.

My questions:
1) Is it possible, the reason that I cannot get into the 1st boot from clover is due to the fact that in my first install I saved the OSx to my SSD?
2) Should I wipe my SSD clean and start fresh?
3)Any Ideas on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!

Hackintosher

Administrator
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i3-8100
GPU
UHD 630 Graphics
Hello all,

So I'm new to the Hackintosh game so please bear with me here.

My Setup
-Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
-CPU: Ryzen 1500x
-GPU: Asus GTX 1050ti
-Ram: 2x4Gb 2400 DDR4
-SSD: SanDisk 240GB (Where I plan to install OSx)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Guide I Followed: Fresh installing macOS High Sierra on AMD Ryzen Hackintosh Guide (10.13) - Hackintosher

My Install Thus Far:

I was doing great up until Step 7. When I got to step 7 it started out good. It was the black screen with the apple logo and the loader bar. After about 15-20 minutes, I came back into the room and it had the no smoking icon on a black screen. So like your guide said, I restarted it and went back in through bios settings and into clover. After I got there, Instead of having the 2 cylinders I now have 3 (The left one says- Boot os x install from install macOS High Sierra, the middle one says- boot macOS from Hackintosh, and the one on the right says- boot recovery from recovery HD).

I went to the middle one (boot from Hackintosh) and when I do, it just gives me the black screen with the apple logo. I sat with it like this for about 20 minutes and it never changed. So i restarted the computer and tried the recovery one and the same thing happened.

I also ran it in verbose mode and this is the code it gave me when I tried to boot through hackintosh

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting ovverrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block:no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next:
After continuously trying and failing, I could not get past this step. So I decided to just start all over again from step one of the guide. After reconfiguring the USB drive again and resetting up Bios I tried it all over again. This time, I couldn't even get past the first boot in clover. When I went to boot from the USB, I just get stuck on the black screen with the apple logo.

My questions:
1) Is it possible, the reason that I cannot get into the 1st boot from clover is due to the fact that in my first install I saved the OSx to my SSD?
2) Should I wipe my SSD clean and start fresh?
3)Any Ideas on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!
After the third cylinder appears, you are suppose to instead boot Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra like it says in Step 8.

For the black screen with the Apple Logo are you saying it gives you the "Apple" or the "Cross" symbol?

macOS
Mobo
ASUS B350-F
CPU
Ryzen 1700
GPU
1060 3G
After the third cylinder appears, you are suppose to instead boot Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra like it says in Step 8.

For the black screen with the Apple Logo are you saying it gives you the "Apple" or the "Cross" symbol?

I have this same problem, it is stuck with the apple logo and no loading bar. STEP 7

Juan_Elway

macOS
Mobo
ASRock AB350 Pro4
CPU
Ryzen 1500x
GPU
Asus 1050 Ti
I have this same problem, it is stuck with the apple logo and no loading bar. STEP 7
So after going back and forth with Hackintosher, we found out that some of the kexts on the EFI were not designed for my hardware since I do not have an AMD GPU so I deleted: Remove F718x.kext, AmdCPUMonitor.kext, adeonmonitor.kext, and the Shiki.kext.

Now I should note, that I have not completely gotten up and running yet. I'm still on Step 7. It starts loading and then gives me the "macOS could not be installed on your computer" . So I am still trying to figure out where to go from here.

Hope this helps out a little

macOS
Mobo
ASUS B350-F
CPU
Ryzen 1700
GPU
1060 3G
So after going back and forth with Hackintosher, we found out that some of the kexts on the EFI were not designed for my hardware since I do not have an AMD GPU so I deleted: Remove F718x.kext, AmdCPUMonitor.kext, adeonmonitor.kext, and the Shiki.kext.

Now I should note, that I have not completely gotten up and running yet. I'm still on Step 7. It starts loading and then gives me the "macOS could not be installed on your computer" . So I am still trying to figure out where to go from here.

Hope this helps out a little

Thanks for the response. I actually found that I had incorrectly done step 7. Terminal will still say done even if "hackintosh" volume wasn't recognized. After re-trying and making sure "hackintosh" was visible I am able to go to the next step.

Thanks

Latest posts