Lynx72

macOS
Mobo
Asus Rog Maximus X Code
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
Intel U630
You need to post an image of the verbose screen with the kernel panic for us to know what is wrong. To see the verbose text add -v to your boot arguments, or press the space bar when you are on the Clover boot screen and select Verbose (-v) from the list of options displayed.

It would also be helpful if you posted a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot your Hack.
Ciao...
I have attached my EFI file
First photo is with your bios configuration
Second photo is same bios with XMP activated.
In the first case (with your settings) it stops.
In the second it restarts
:cry::cry::cry:o_Oo_Oo_O

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Try this clover folder in place of your current one. Simply copy the attached clover folder to your EFI folder and replace the current one.

I have amended the contents of a number of the sub-folders in the CLOVER folder and your config.plist.

Let me know if this works.

Attachments

Lynx72

macOS
Mobo
Asus Rog Maximus X Code
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
Intel U630
Really thanks!
But with your new file, the PC turns off shortly after the attached screen (with or without XMP enabled) :cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:

Can you repeat the BIOS configuration in detail considering that I have the X Code and not the X Hero like you?

I have the Corsair pump, should I leave it disabled? Can it affect the success of the installation?

You want me to try Mojave instead of High Sierra.

In other guides I found settings different from yours in the following fields:
- Ai Overclocker tuner
- Xtreme Tweeking
- APM -> PCI-E / PCI
- CSM
But I trust you... What do you think is the most correct BIOS setting for the X Code?

Attachments

Jasonb

macOS
So i have updated to the latest Mojave recently 10.14.4, MacOS now wont load. It gets part way through, i end up with a movable cursor, which eventually goes to a black screen. It seems to stall trying to load AppleACPICPU 3 times.

Im having trouble working out how to modify the original EFI folder you posted. I have the same hardware as the original post. Im guessing i need a new config, is anyone with the same build and running the latest Mojave care to share thier EFI setup?

Alternatively any advice to get things back up and running appreciated.

Last edited:

razor144

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 Maximus Hero XI
CPU
i5-9600k
Hello,

i have a simular setup. But i have an issue with the RGB control of the Ram G.Skill trident Z RGB.
I configured the RGB lightning in Windows with ausa sync 1.07.60. It stays all as i want to be till i shout down the system and start it again.
Afterwards the RGB went back to Default(rainbow) till i boot windows again.
@Hackintosher do you have the same behavior. If not how did you manage to stay the configured colour?

Thanks.

darko89

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus HERO X
CPU
i7 8700
GPU
GTX 970
Does anyone have an up to date EFI clover config for this build? I can post mine if anyone wants to take a look and provide feedback :)

My specs:

Intel Core i7 8700K Coffee Lake
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4 DIMM 2400 MHz (2x16GB)
Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Thanks my dudes! And I hope this config can help anyone :)

What doesn't work :
Bluetooth
WIFI

What I am not sure of:
- If my GCard is being used optimally
- USB ports
- M.2 SSD is used optimally

Attachments

samdeane

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Maximus X Hero D4 ATX
CPU
i7 8700K (Coffee Lake)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Does anyone have an up to date EFI clover config for this build? I can post mine if anyone wants to take a look and provide feedback :)

My specs:

Intel Core i7 8700K Coffee Lake
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4 DIMM 2400 MHz (2x16GB)
Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Thanks my dudes! And I hope this config can help anyone :)

What doesn't work :
Bluetooth
WIFI

What I am not sure of:
- If my GCard is being used optimally
- USB ports
- M.2 SSD is used optimally
Thanks @darko89, that's really handy.

I have a similar setup with an 8700K and a Maximus X, but have a GTX 1070.

I've managed to get Catalina (10.15, beta 3) up and running with a fairly vanilla config.plist, but I could do with tuning the graphics support. I get some flickering and hardware acceleration isn't working.

I'm a bit wary of just taking the old configs from this page, as quite a bit has changed I think. The impression I get is that WhateverGreen has removed the need for some of the tweaks, and I'd rather not make things worse by overwriting what it's doing.

I get the impression that I'm out of luck with the Nvidia card (no drivers for 10.14/10.15?), but I'd be happy to just get the onboard iGPU working if I can enable hardware acceleration for it.

I triple-boot this machine into Windows and Linux as well, and use the Windows boot for games, so I'd prefer not to disable the Nvidia card in the firmware. What would be ideal would be to find a way to disable it just for the Hackintosh (via config.plist).

I've tried setting either card to be the primary in the firmware. Weirdly I seem to get better results with the PEG being primary, so that's currently what I've got set. There are enough permutations though to make it hard to test them all systematically (2 cards, 6 ports in all, and 2 monitors with potentially multiple ways to attach them!).

Talking of two monitors, bonus points would be to get dual-monitor support working for either card; everything seems to get a bit confused when I try this, and generally the second monitor just doesn't show up.

Bonus bonus points with knobs on would of course be to get the GTX 1070 fully supported and accelerated, but I'm not sure if that's achievable without an update from Nvidia.

darko89

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus HERO X
CPU
i7 8700
GPU
GTX 970
Good luck with making it work Sam, I got fed up and just bought a RX580

samdeane

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i7 8700K (Coffee Lake)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Thanks, I may yet end up doing the same.

Following the instructions here and forcing the device-id of the iGPU to 0x3E9B0007 seems to have made things a tiny bit more stable. I can use my main monitor now.

Those instructions did give an option for disabling the 1070 completely, and I tried it, but it didn't really make things any better.

Tantalisingly I've managed to get dual-monitors working occasionally, but not in any kind of stable way. Plugging in a second monitor will sometimes cause it to be recognised, but not always.

I guess my main hope is that the new Mac Pro prompts Nvidia to reconsider better support for their newer cards. Not holding my breath though...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The issue isn’t necessarily that Nvidia haven’t produced any drivers. It is more to do with Apple and Nvidia not seeing eye to eye about the Nvidia drivers not being open source, so a memory leak that persists in each new driver Nvidia release not being fixed.

AMD and Intel have made their drivers available and Apple are happy to use them in this configuration. Nvidia don’t want to give anyone access to their drivers, hence the stalemate between Apple & Nvidia.

Apple have blocked the Nvidia drivers from being released for Mojave, I expect the same to happen with Catalina, unless Nvidia make their drivers open source.

I ended up switching my GTX 980 ti out of my main hack and installing a AMD RX580 GPU. I got feed up waiting and wanted to use Mojave & test the Catalina Beta so changing the Nvidia card to either an old Nvidia Kepler GPU (which work with the old Apple Nvidia drivers) or switching to AMD, the AMD switch seemed the lesser of the two evils.

samdeane

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i7 8700K (Coffee Lake)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Yeah, I realise that the issue is really about Apple not approving the drivers, and it's all political.

It's a shame that Nvidia aren't prepared to release them unofficially, so that people with a bit of technical knowledge could make use of them. Or open-sourcing them, ideally.

I will probably do the same and get a RX580. Life is too short...

samdeane

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i7 8700K (Coffee Lake)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Well I managed to get the built in UHD 630 working, and driving two monitors at that.

I think this guide provided the vital clue.

I suspect that my main problem was that my system was defaulting to iMac18,3, which apparently only uses the 630 for computations, and not for graphics. Switching to iMac18,1 using these settings seems to have helped. I also copied the Framebuffer settings here, so it may be a combination of both. At some point I might try to isolate the relevant change, but currently I've spent way too much time fiddling around :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Glad to hear you have sorted out your Intel Graphics.

Yeah, Hackintosh systems are all about spending way too much time fiddling around with kexts, config settings, reading lots of different posts etc.

Latest posts