[Success][Guide] Catalina Vanilla "Hackintosh Deluxe" Z370n WiFi / i5-8400 / RX-570 (FINAL)

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Hi, at the end on Z370N-WiFi with Mojave 10.14.6, the Rear USB Tipe-C with a NVMe USB Type-C enclosure and a NVMe SSD like 870 EVO ecc... What speed can get? Many thanks...
Since NVMe is faster than USB-C, your external exclosure will only be as fast as USB-C is capable of.

stefan33

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
GPU
i5-8600K
Excuse me Raine, I have done a Clean Install of Mojave 10.14.6 like explained. I have a Gigabyte Z370N-WiFi. So I'm asking to you. I have all the patches (I think) for USB. So now should work or is better if I make something like you explain in your post #79. I'm asking... can I use the same mapping that you have? Or is better to leave like it is now... for what you know... Many thanks.
i don't want to upgrade to Catalina so I want to to stay with Mojave for a long time.... No need to upgrade...

stefan33

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
GPU
i5-8600K
Or something like:

Note that there are a total of 9 ports enabled: now should be 13 ports... But I need less...

- The rear USB-C port is at USB 3.0 full speed already-----OK----1
- The rear center USB ports are limited to USB 2.0 (both devices being used are 2.0)-----OK---2

- The two front panel USB ports are both USB 2.0 and 3.0-----DISABLED
- The internal USB 2.0 port is (obviously) only set to 2.0 speed-----OK---2
- I kept "HS10" enabled, but I suspect that I might not need it (?)-----OK
- The 4 Port USB 3.0 on the rear ----- Working at 2.0 / 3.0--- OK ----8

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Excuse me Raine, I have done a Clean Install of Mojave 10.14.6 like explained. I have a Gigabyte Z370N-WiFi. So I'm asking to you. I have all the patches (I think) for USB. So now should work or is better if I make something like you explain in your post #79. I'm asking... can I use the same mapping that you have? Or is better to leave like it is now... for what you know... Many thanks.
i don't want to upgrade to Catalina so I want to to stay with Mojave for a long time.... No need to upgrade...
Im' not sure you understand - but using "USBInjectAll.kext" along with USB patches is not a long-term solution (as explained in post #79). Many people run their Hackintoshes just fine with USBInjectAll.kext, until a new MacOS breaks it - and then they have to wait until someone figures out a new patch. On top of that, they never know if their USB parts are running at full speed or not.

It's either:
A. you use the patches and USBInjectAll.kext; OR
B. you make your own custom USB port map.
...You don't use both at the same time.

Option B is always better, as it is a more permanent solution that isn't affected by MacOS version updates - including new MacOS, as I am currently using the same system with MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 with zero issues whatsoever, everything working 100%.

stefan33

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
GPU
i5-8600K
OK I understand... What I want to do is very easy. I have my Z370N-WiFi with i5-8600K. I don't want to to upgrade to Catalina. So I wanto to use my Hackintosh like it is. I can upgrade Ram to 2 X 16GB, add second ssd NVMe ecc... NOW I need only the USB type-C and maybe 2 USB 3.0 because I control it from RealVNC or I can use bluetooth mouse and keyboard... At the end with my clean installation (I have "USBInjectAll.kext" with USB patches) can it work at the right speed with only a few devices usb or is better doing other? I don't want to upgrade, so if I find a solution for me is at long term.
I have another question about: DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
I have set 1024M and I can see on proprieties HD630 with 2048 MB Is it right or I have to set 512 or 256 ecc... Van I switch it in the bios when I want or must be set BEFORE installing Mac OS Mojave? Or I can switch after installing without issues???
Another question: With

Broadcom BCM94352Z / Dell DW1560 WLAN + Bluetooth

I found this solution :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOVD6K2RKuM

But what are really the Kexts I need? 3 or 4? Many thanks... I ask because with High Sierra I was only moving some kexts between folders.... In this case with Mojave aroun Internet I found many different solutions...
Many thanks.
At the end for usb the best should be this:
Usb type-c
4 USB 2.0/3.0 on Rear
2 USB 2.0 on middle rear
-----------------------------

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
...At the end with my clean installation (I have "USBInjectAll.kext" with USB patches) can it work at the right speed with only a few devices usb or is better doing other? I don't want to upgrade, so if I find a solution for me is at long term.
I don't know why you are avoiding Catalina, but I already answered this in my last reply:

Option B is always better, as it is a more permanent solution.

I have another question about: DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher I have set 1024M and I can see on proprieties HD630 with 2048 MB Is it right or I have to set 512 or 256 ecc... Van I switch it in the bios when I want or must be set BEFORE installing Mac OS Mojave? Or I can switch after installing without issues???
It's a BIOS setting so you can change it as much as you want before or after install. Will there be issues? I don't know, I don't switch the DVMT setting after I install the MacOS.

Another question: With Broadcom BCM94352Z / Dell DW1560 WLAN + Bluetooth
I found this solution... But what are really the Kexts I need? 3 or 4?
Don't know. You're using different parts than what I used, so I can't help you there.[/QUOTE]

stefan33

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
GPU
i5-8600K
Excuse me, I have made another build with High Sierra on Asrock z270 itx. I have seen it's possible to map/exclude USB ports... But on Asrock Bios is possible to disable usb 3 port one by one so... I's better idea to exclude what i don't use so Mac OS X will not find a lot of usb ports... After patching the limit still I have more than 15...

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Excuse me, I have made another build with High Sierra on Asrock z270 itx...
This build thread is based on a Gigabyte z370n WiFi.
If you're using a different motherboard then I can't really help you.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
10/07/19 - UPDATE TO 10.15 + Discreet Video Card Installed:

Apple released a new MacOS version on October 7th 2019 named "Catalina". Updating to this version went pretty smooth on my Hackintosh - primarily because of already having my system-specific USBMap.kext (see my post #79 in this thread for more info).

I did a clean install of Catalina (I prefer to do clean installs for every major Operating System version) The whole process took about 30 minutes to go from booting from the Catalina installer USB all the way to being on the Catalina desktop for the first time.

REALLY IMPORTANT PART/DISCLAIMER ABOUT USB PATCHES/MAPPING FIRST:
Like with all of my system updates in this thread, be aware that I am not using a USB port limit patch! I have all of my USB ports mapped out using a custom generated "USBMap.kext", so I do not lose USB functionality whenever I update MacOS. If you wish to do this before updating, again please see my post #79 in this thread; I strongly recommend generating your own USB map file, it makes everything work better and updating much easier.

Update to MacOS 10.15
As usual before any upgrade/update, I did these three things, in this order:
A. Do a complete Time Machine backup;
B. Backup final (most current) 10.14.6 EFI Folder to an external HDD;
C. Update Clover Configurator to the latest version;

2. Next was to Update any kexts in my current 10.14.6 EFI folder to any newer versions available at the time of install:

- AppleALC.kext (updated to version 1.4.0)
- Lilu.kext (updated to version is 1.3.8)
- Whatevergreen.kext (updated to version 1.3.1)

I placed this updated copy of my current 10.14.6 EFI folder to my desktop.

3. Next was to create the actual MacOS USB installer. First thing to do was download the newest installer file by going to the Mac App Store, searching for "MacOS Catalina", and downloading the installer file. When the "Ready to Install Catalina" window popped up, I simple hit Command+Q to close the installer for now.

4. From here I formatted a fresh, new, empty USB flash drive and created a new Catalina 10.15.0 installer using InstallDiskCreator with the MacOS Catalina installer file I just downloaded (which was downloaded directly into the "Applications" folder.)

5. After the InstallDiskCreator was finished, I mounted the EFI partition of my newly created Catalina USB Installer using the latest Clover Configurator app.

6. IMPORTANT: I then copied my current 10.14.6 EFI folder from my desktop to the USB's EFI partition. Note that unlike the initial Hackintosh installation method, I did not generate a new EFI folder from scratch because of 2 reasons:

A. I already had an EFI that was working perfectly with Mojave;
B. I already had my own USBMap.kext file specific to my system

Because I already had both of the above (and I did not rely on a patch + USBInjectAll.kext) it made installing Catalina a lot easier as a whole.

7. From here all I had to do was insert the Catalina USB installer and reboot my Hackintosh. I selected my USB installer from the boot screen, went into Disk Utility (this was a clean upgrade, so I formatted my main SSD), and then began installing Catalina.

Conclusion
After the installation of Catalina was complete, I found that everything was working perfectly. All of my USB devices and peripherals worked in Catalina right from the start, just as they did in Mojave. Again - this is 100% due to the fact that I made my USBMap.kext file for my system beforehand, and thus I didn't have to deal with temporary USB port limit patches.

NOTE: Sorry for this post coming late, but I guess better late than never. I decided to add this post to serve as the beginning of the conclusion for this build. I typed this post roughly 8 months after I upgraded to Catalina on launch day, so I didn't take any process photos. If you've installed any recent MacOS operating system before though, there's nothing you don't already know.

My next post will cover the last upgrade to my system - a dedicated graphics card.

pannesinho

macOS
Hi to all, I like this configuration and I wanna try to build it but the z370 motherboard and the power supply of the configuration are currenty unavailable. With what can I substitute them ? Thanks

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If the motherboard and CPU are not available in your country of residence you may need to look on an international sellers site to see if they are available elsewhere.

Alternatively you need to select different components that are available in your country.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
OpenCore testing with MacOS Big Sur 11.0 (teaser)
It's been a while since I've updated anything here (considering the current global situation)... I hope everyone is being safe and doing well.

Since I'm one of those who moved to "Work From Home" status, I found myself using my Hackintosh more often since it became my primary work/home desktop. Recently with the official release of Apple's new MacOS Big Sur operating system I got curious again and decided to take on two projects:

Project #1: Try to Learn OpenCore, and Build My Own EFI
First, due to Big Sur being a totally new animal in terms of Hackintoshing, I looked into OpenCore as a replacement for the current Clover bootloader I've been using since I first put this build together. As opposed to when I started this build (where I used some Hackintosher pre-made files and configs) when it came to OpenCore I was literally starting from scratch. I first tried working with OpenCore back when the Big Sur Beta was available, but it was a huge hassle and I just pushed it aside. Now that Big Sur was officially released, I dove back into learning OpenCore and putting together my own EFI for my Hackintosh build to prep for Big Sur.

Project #2: Try to Install MacOS Big Sur on my Hackintosh Deluxe for Testing
This was totally dependent on if I succeeded with Project #1 above, and I won't get into the details as of yet, but right now I have this on my screen:

:D