[Success][Guide] Mojave 10.14.6 Vanilla "Hackintosh Deluxe" Gigabyte Z370n WiFi / i5-8400 / 970 EVO

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP

READER NOTE: All updates are listed at the end of this post.

I. The Plan
This build was meant to allow me to switch to MacOS and replace my aging Shuttle XPC SG41J1 Windows PC, which is very outdated (circa 2010). I had 3 criteria when planning the build:

1. Outperform the current “middle” 2018 Mac Mini
2. Be the same size as my Shuttle XPC, or smaller
3. Try to keep the budget under the “middle” Mac Mini’s price of $699

Usage:
Aside from the common programs a typical user would use (Web Browsing, Email) I also use Microsoft Office and Adobe CC. Multimedia involves just Plex Media Player, though ideally this build would hopefully be capable of also running iMovie for some light video editing (post-production editing of action camera and 360 footage). Currently I do not plan to use this machine for any gaming, thus my initial build did not include a discreet video card.

Budget:
With the current “middle” level Mac Mini (2018) coming in at $699, that was my starting target. The fun part was looking for the right component combination to get what I was trying to achieve.

II. The Part List
I actually spent about a month researching, changing component lists, checking compatibility, etc. and in the end when I was ready to begin I ended up with the following component list:

Main Component List:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370n WiFi Mini-ITX, $129
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 Coffee Lake 6-core, 2.8 GHz, $176
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (1x8GB) 2400 PC4-19200, $75
Main Hard Drive: Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO 250GB SSD, $80
Case: Silverstone SG13B Mini-ITX Cube, $44
Power Supply: EVGA 450B3 80+ Bronze, Fully Modular, 450w, $43

Add-On Items:
Quiet CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9I Low-Profile CPU Cooler, $39
Secondary Hard Drive: Samsung SATA-III 860 EVO 250GB SSD, $46
WiFi/Bluetooth Airport Card: OEM Apple BCM94360CS2, $6
Key A/E Module Adaptor: BCM to NGFF M.2 Socket Adaptor, $10
Keyboard: Logitech K750 Wireless Solar for Mac (black), $48

Things I Already Have:
Monitor: Old Viewsonic VA2431 24” Widescreen LCD (already have)
- Monitor replaced with a new 24" IPS Display, see post #136
Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless (already have)
Alternate Mouse: Apple Magic Mouse 2 (already have)
Case Fan: Arctic F12 PWM 120mm Silent (already have)

MAIN BUILD: $547
ADD-ONS: $149
INITIAL BUILD, TOTAL SPENT: $696*

*Please note that your pricing may differ; the links above are to Amazon.com but I bought some items local, and some items were on sale at the time of purchase.

III. Build Notes
It has been approx. 10 years since my last computer build, and I had never built a Hackintosh until now. However, putting all of the components together into the Silverstone case was a breeze – anyone who’s built a PC before won’t have any trouble here, it’s the same process as building a Windows machine. Some build pics below:

Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD

Motherboard installed and all cables plugged in

Lots of space for air to move around

IV. Upgrading WiFi + Bluetooth Using an OEM Apple Module
Speaking of the WiFi/Bluetooth card, those not aware should know that the on-board Intel WiFi card doesn’t work with MacOS (none of them do). Since I wanted full Apple functionality including Airdrop, Handoff/Continuity, iMessage, Facetime, Maps, etc. so I went with the proven combo of an OEM Apple WiFi/Bluetooth Airport module + the appropriate module adapter to install it into the Z370n.

If anyone found the idea of swapping the Intel WiFi card with an Apple Airport module a little intimidating, let me tell you – it’s not. All you need to do the swap is a small Phillips screwdriver – no soldering, no cutting wires, it’s all simple. Instead of repeating the steps here, this thread from r/hackintosh on Reddit explains the process, I’ll also add some of my photos for reference:

Apple Airport module and adapter on the left

Module adapter and Airport Module installed into the bracket

Completed Apple Airport module installed into motherboard

V. BIOS Info and Settings
It was time to get the software side of things going. Of course, the first step was to configure the BIOS correctly. Before that, I first hopped onto my laptop and downloaded the current firmware for the Z370N WiFi (version F5) from the Gigabyte Website to update the motherboard BIOS. Next, I followed STEP 6 of Hackintosher’s 4k HTPC Build post, including the extra steps for integrated GPU and specified boot device. My BIOS setting changes are as follows (BIOS page -> Menu Item = Value):

DO THIS FIRST!!!! Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. -> Advanced Memory Settings -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) = Profile1
System -> System Date = *Set the correct date*
System -> System Time = *Set the correct time, 24-hour format*
BIOS -> Fast Boot = Disabled
BIOS -> LAN PXE Boot Option ROM = Disabled
BIOS -> Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
Peripherals -> Initial Display Output = IGFX
Peripherals -> Trusted Computing -> Security Device Support = Disabled
Peripherals -> Network Stack Configuration -> Network Stack = Disabled
Peripherals -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support = Auto
Peripherals -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
Chipset -> Vt-d = Disabled
Chipset -> Integrated Graphics = Enabled
Chipset -> DVMT Pre-Allocated = 128M
Chipset -> Wake on LAN Enable = Disabled
Chipset -> IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Enabled

And finally:
Save & Exit -> Save & Exit Setup

VI. Mojave 10.14.0 USB Installer w/Clover Bootloader
I decided that I was going to do a “vanilla” install of Mojave, meaning keeping macOS untouched and doing all the modifications outside of the actual operating system. For the next steps I used my MacBook Pro laptop to create the necessary USB installer for my new Hackintosh.

To create my Mojave USB Installer, I skipped the Terminal method and instead used a free and popular app called InstallDiskCreator. I’ve used this before to make OS X/MacOS installers with excellent results, so I did the same for my Hackintosh build. Using InstallDiskCreator is pretty self-explanatory, so once the USB installer was done, it was time to modify the installer for Hackintosh use.

I used CloverConfigurator to install the Clover EFI Bootloader (Clover_v2.4k_r4586) then followed Hackintosher's “Part 2: Configuring EFI Partition for a Mojave Hackintosh” from this page. Scroll down a bit and there’s an option on that page to use Hackintosher’s preconfigured Mojave EFI folder; since this was my first ever Hackintosh build I went with the preconfigured folder as a starting point.

The last things I did before actually starting the Mojave installation was to make one modification to the Clover “config.plist” file and update all the kext files to the latest versions. After mounting the USB Installer’s EFI partition and opening “config.plist” I made the following change (CloverConfigurator page -> Item = Value):

Acpi -> DSDT -> Fixes = Select “FixShutdown”

Next, I made sure I had the most up to date kexts. The list of kexts I’m running is below, and all of them are placed in the EFI -> CLOVER -> kexts -> Other directory to preserve the vanilla installation:

AppleALC.kext (version 1.3.5)
CodecCommander.kext (version 2.71)
FakeSMC.kext (version 6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800)
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (version 1.2.7)
IntelMausiEthernet.kext (version 2.4.1d1)
Lilu.kext (version 1.3.4)
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext (version 1.0)
USBInjectAll.kext (version 0.6.7)
WhateverGreen.kext (version 1.2.6)
XHCI-300-series-injector.kext (version 0.5.0)

With the USB installer modded and ready, I restarted the build and Mojave started installing =)

VII. Post-Installation Modifications
Vanilla installation of Mojave 10.14.0 was successful; at this point I made some more “under the hood” changes to customize and complete my installation:

Copying the EFI Partition from the USB Flash Drive to MacOS Main SSD Drive
In order to have the Hackintosh boot up on its own (without requiring the USB installer flash drive plugged in), I had to copy the contents of the USB flash drive's EFI Partition to my MacOS' main SSD drive's EFI Partition by following Step 5 of Hackintosher's Mojave Walkthrough here.

Change Wallpaper
No explanation needed how to do this, it’s in System Preferences.

Customize/Modify Clover Boot Menu
First, I installed the “Mojave” Clover theme from here; I did not use any theme manager, I simply copied the Mojave theme folder into my EFI folder, then specified the theme and other options in my config.plist using Clover Configurator (CloverConfigurator page -> Item = Value):

Boot -> Default Boot Volume = Hackintosh [the name of my boot SSD]
Boot -> Timeout = 5 [ second delay before automatically booting into SSD]

Gui -> Theme = Mojave
Gui -> Screen Resolution = 1920x1080
Gui -> Hide Volume = Preboot
Gui -> Hide Volume = Recovery

Saved my config changes, restarted the computer, and my Clover boot screen looks like this now:

Customize “About This Mac” Window
To get the right info showing in the “About This Mac” window, I followed some of the steps from this page to customize my computer model and CPU name to the correct one. The steps show instructions for High Sierra, but I found that they also work the same in Mojave EXCEPT for the system logo change; I haven’t found anyone who’s successfully changed the system logo image in Mojave yet (EDIT: system logo modified, see post #14 below.)

VIII. How It Performs
I also ran some popular benchmarks to see where my build stands vs. the “baseline” $699 Mac Mini and other, more expensive systems:

Geekbench4
GeekBench4 testing gave me a Single-Core score of 4997 – which blows away the Mac Mini’s score of 3402, and likewise Multi-Core score of 18905 easily bests the dual-core Mac Mini’s score of only 6468!

Cinebench R15
I wasn’t expecting much out of this test since I was using the on-board Intel 630 graphics, and the Cinebench R15 results showed, as my build could only get up to 32-fps. But since this wasn’t built for gaming, this is perfectly fine with me.

BlackMagic Disk Speed Test
I wanted to see how fast the SSD drives were, so I also ran the BlackMagic Disk Speed Test (from the App Store). The 860 EVO SATA-III speeds were (as expected) fast enough, but I was amazed at how much faster the 970 EVO NVMe SSD was… Holy Cow!

IX. What Works, What Doesn’t
Back to the desktop, it was time to see if it all the hardware and apps work:

What Works 100%: Pretty much everything...
- Rear HDMI ports x2
- Rear Mini DisplayPort (see updates, below)
- Rear ethernet ports x2
- Rear USB-C port
- Rear USB 3.0 ports x6
- Front panel USB 3.0 ports x2
- Rear panel microphone input and speaker output (3.5mm jack)
- Front panel microphone input and headphone output (3.5mm jack)
- WiFi and Bluetooth (required card change, “Build Notes”)
- iMessage
- iCloud sync
- Handoff/Continuity
- Facetime (see updates, below)
- iBooks
- Apple Music
- Maps w/Location
- Find My Mac
- Sleep/Wake
- Night Shift

What Doesn’t Work:
As seen in the above list, almost all of the features of MacOS are working perfectly (Yay!). However there is only one obscure feature that doesn’t:

iTunes DRM (Video only):
For testing, I tried playing a DRM protected movie in iTunes (movie was purchased in iTunes) but it did not play. This however is fine with me as I watch all of my DRM-protected videos on my AppleTV and 4k LED. From what I've read this is common with all Hackintosh builds so it doesn't bother me.

Facetime: I rarely use Facetime, so I never thought about buying a webcam for my build, so this was not tested. I added a webcam and FaceTime is working out of the box; see post #73.

Displayport: For testing purposes only, I tried using a Displayport to DVI cable just to see if it worked; The Apple logo would show, the Clover boot menu would show, but once it got to the login screen the signal on my monitor would cut to black screen (HDMI monitor was fine). After switching to a new IPS monitor with a Mini DisplayPort plug, I can confirm that the Mini DisplayPort is also working 100%; see post #136.

X. Future Upgrades, Final Thoughts
As far as possible future upgrades go, there’s only 4 items that I would upgrade when the time comes:

1. Monitor: My current monitor is a very old but reliable 24” Viewsonic, it does full 1080 HD but if I want to move up to 4k, obviously it’ll have to be replaced. I upgraded to a new 24" 1080p IPS LED monitor; see post #136.

2. Memory: I have an extra memory slot where I could double the system RAM up to 16GB if I feel like I need it.

3. Discreet Video Card: I specifically chose a motherboard, case, and power supply that had “room” to allow me the future option of installing a full-length GPU into the machine if needed. Right now I would probably go with an AMD Radeon RX-560.

Just to cover all the bases, I used the Power Supply Calculator on the Coolermaster website to see that my current build is drawing approx. 164-watts (@90% TDP, always on 24/7) - so I’m not even using half of my EVGA power supply’s 450-watt rated output. If I were to add the second stick of RAM and the video card listed above, the calculated power draw would go up to approx. 243-watts, so I would still be good when it comes to supplying enough power after an upgrade.

So there we have it. I’m very happy with my system build so far. I’ve actually been using my build for the last 2 weeks now, and it has been stable and trouble-free as far as I can tell. Of course it’s not 100% perfect yet, there’s the iTunes DRM issue and the non-functioning Displayport I mentioned earlier that might be resolved in the future, but I’m not exactly in a hurry to figure it out since I don’t use the features (but I guess it would be nice to know they’re working.)

What helped a lot was the numerous guides and resources available online to help people like me build their own Hackintosh; especially Hackintosher.com and r/hackintosh.

Thank you for reading if you made it all the way to the end.
Feel free to comment or ask questions, I will help if I can, but please - do not ask me to upload my EFI folder; do the work for your own machine, it's not that difficult at all if you take your time and follow the steps =)

XI. Build Updates
The following is a running list of any changes I've made since the original 10/03/18 build:

11/09/18: Updated to 10.14.1, see post #11, #14.
01/02/19: Updated to 10.14.2, see post #35.
02/04/19: Updated to 10.14.3, see post #43-44.
02/19/19: Added dedicated USB 2.0, see post #71.
02/23/19: Added Logitech C310 webcam, FaceTime works, see post #73.
02/27/19: Created USBMap.kext for USB 3.0 at full speed, see post #79.
04/02/19: Updated to 10.14.4, see post #108.
05/16/19: Updated to 10.14.5, see post #117.
07/09/19: Mini DisplayPort works, see post #136.
07/22/19: Updated to 10.14.6, see post #142.

Last edited:

chinotto

macOS
Mobo
GB z370n
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Intel
Good job, I have pretty much the same hack and everything works great except on boot or on wake from sleep I have the screen flickering like 5 times and then it happens sometimes while in use, do you have this problem? It goes away if I clean NVRAM but then returns after a couple of sleep/wake events.

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Good job, I have pretty much the same hack and everything works great except on boot or on wake from sleep I have the screen flickering like 5 times and then it happens sometimes while in use, do you have this problem? It goes away if I clean NVRAM but then returns after a couple of sleep/wake events.
Can't say that I do, I've never noticed any flickering on boot up or after coming out of sleep

mjsteed

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo E40 laptop
CPU
i5 5200U
GPU
HD5500
Hello, Raine, thanks for your golden guide.
Actually, this is a dream thread of hackintosh for me, because your hardware list is almost same to mine(I haven't bought, just added these to my Shopping Card ):

Motherboard:GA Z370N WIFI
CPU:i5 8400
Cooler:CoolerMaster Liquid Cooler 120
Memory:Kingston Fury DDR4 2400 16G
SSD:Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO 250GB SSD
HDD:SEAGATE 3.5‘’ 1TB 7200r 64M SATA3 (ST1000DM010)
Wifi+Blueteeth:BCM94352Z NGFF(DW1560)
Case:CoolMaster RC-110-KKN1
PSU:SilverStone SFX 300W v2.0
As a result, I can totally copy your steps and the EFI folder when I create my first Hackintosh. If I succeed, I am going to assemble another HTPC with i3 8100.

I noticed that you have tested DisplayPort to DVI cable and it doesn't work. I'm confused whether it means DisplayPort on motherboard doesn't work or is it just due to the DP2DVI cable? Have you tested the port on your motherboard with a DP input monitor?

BTW, I chose the BCM94352Z NGFF(DW1560)instead WiFi/Bluetooth Airport module you recommend because DW1560 is shorter than yours and could be put in the native little wifi case.

I'm so grateful for the things you did, thanks a billion.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
I noticed that you have tested DisplayPort to DVI cable and it doesn't work. I'm confused whether it means DisplayPort on motherboard doesn't work or is it just due to the DP2DVI cable? Have you tested the port on your motherboard with a DP input monitor?

BTW, I chose the BCM94352Z NGFF (DW1560) instead WiFi/Bluetooth Airport module you recommend because DW1560 is shorter than yours and could be put in the native little wifi case.
I've never used DisplayPort before so I'm not an expert with it... but I'm guessing it's not the cable; like I mentioned in my build, with the DisplayPort to DVI connected, I get video on my monitor all the way up to the Clover boot menu - but after it goes past that I don't see the desktop. I do know the desktop is there because I used my MBP and Chrome Remote Desktop to check, and it's there - so it just seems like there is no signal coming out from the DisplayPort once MacOS is fully loaded.

As for the Airport card, I selected the BCM94360CS2 because it was OEM Apple (so I know it will work native) and I found it for only $6 =)

Cheers

mjsteed

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo E40 laptop
CPU
i5 5200U
GPU
HD5500
I've never used DisplayPort before so I'm not an expert with it... but I'm guessing it's not the cable; like I mentioned in my build, with the DisplayPort to DVI connected, I get video on my monitor all the way up to the Clover boot menu - but after it goes past that I don't see the desktop. I do know the desktop is there because I used my MBP and Chrome Remote Desktop to check, and it's there - so it just seems like there is no signal coming out from the DisplayPort once MacOS is fully loaded.

As for the Airport card, I selected the BCM94360CS2 because it was OEM Apple (so I know it will work native) and I found it for only $6 =)

Cheers
Thank you for replying quickly.
If I want to be a lazy bird, after creating the Mojave USB installer and changing the BIOS setting, can I copy and instead directly your EFI folder to my USB Installer to get a full function MacOS without any other operation? of cause, the premise is that we have the same hardware.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Thank you for replying quickly.
If I want to be a lazy bird, after creating the Mojave USB installer and changing the BIOS setting, can I copy and instead directly your EFI folder to my USB Installer to get a full function MacOS without any other operation? of cause, the premise is that we have the same hardware.
Uh... my build thread covers my EFI folder literally step by step, should be no trouble for you to duplicate it yourself =)

mjsteed

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo E40 laptop
CPU
i5 5200U
GPU
HD5500
Uh... my build thread covers my EFI folder literally step by step, should be no trouble for you to duplicate it yourself =)
That's one of the few good news that has been rare recently, I'm so glad to hear that.
In the past few weeks, I searched and read many threads, especially about the Z370N+i5 8400, at various hackintosh forums. Absolutely, tonymacx86, as the most popular hackintosh zone, is one of the places I have been to. There are many threads about the Z370N+i5 8400 there. But what makes me confused is that the veterans made many operations at the Post-Installation Modifications, like fixingUSB, relieving 15-ports-limitation, and fixing audio, etc. The process of the Post-Installation Modifications is a little bit difficult for me, a hackintosh newbie and a non-native English speaker. I had asked the veterans the same question as I asked you, can I skip the steps but only copy directly their EFI folder? They are very nice and reply me warmly, but unfortunately their answers are negative. this is one of the threads at tonymacx86:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-8400-ga-z370n-wifi-i630-airport-card.258728/
Of course, I noticed there is a difference between that thread and yours, one is on High Sierra, the other is on Mojave. So, I want to know whether this is the key point.
Thanks. BTW, communicating with you and other veterans does have improved my English,LOL...

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
They seem to prefer using Multibeast or Unibeast in their builds over there, so I wouldn't know if you can use their EFI. In fact, one of my main details was to not use Multibeast or Unibeast or whatever - which is why my build is based off a "vanilla" Mojave installation... meaning I did not want to modify anything within MacOS itself, everything is done through Clover. That way when an update to MacOS is available it won't cause problems (like I've seen happen when using any of the "__beast" programs).

mjsteed

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo E40 laptop
CPU
i5 5200U
GPU
HD5500
They seem to prefer using Multibeast or Unibeast in their builds over there, so I wouldn't know if you can use their EFI. In fact, one of my main details was to not use Multibeast or Unibeast or whatever - which is why my build is based off a "vanilla" Mojave installation... meaning I did not want to modify anything within MacOS itself, everything is done through Clover. That way when an update to MacOS is available it won't cause problems (like I've seen happen when using any of the "__beast" programs).
You gave me full confidence. My highest appreciation for your kindness.
I will set about creating my hackintosh when I accomplish my mission and go back to my country. I will also upload my full assembly process here step by step, for memory, for sharing.
Thanks again.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
UPDATE TO 10.14.1: After the 10.14.1 update my USB 3.0 and USB-C ports were not all working depending on device... my mouse, keyboard, and DJ controller worked fine but my external HDD and External flash drives were not recognized. However I found the updated patch info and made the following change in my config.plist using Clover Configurator:

Kernel and Kext Patches -> "KextstoPatch" tab:
1. Under Name*, find:
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

2. Under Find* [Hex] look for:
83FB0F0F 83030500 00 (the original entry for MacOS 10.14)

3. To update for compatibility with MacOS 10.14.1, change the above to:
83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

4. Under Comment add the following:
USB Port limit patch 10.14.1 10.14.2 Beta by DalianSky

5. Under MatchOS add the following:
10.14.1&2

After a quick restart, all USB 3.0 and USB-C ports were working again 100% with the latest MacOS 10.14.1 update.

Updated to 10.14.1

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N-HD3P
CPU
I3-8100 | 8th Generation
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Hi Raine,

Congrats for your build.

I need some help related to incomplete build.

Specification :

Gigabyte Z370N-HD3P
i3-8100 8th Generation

Need your help on below points.

1. Z370N - HD3P installation step would be same as yours?
2. You installed clover via installation steps or just replace EFI folder of hackintosher's EFI Link with modification as mentioned above?
3. I am facing issue with flickering screen, while mojave boots with front audio 3.5 jack working with crackling sound. back 3.5 audio jack working awesome. Any help on 2 items?
4. After you have update to 10.14.1, these setting were previously present ? or was override?

Need your suggestions on 4 points.

Thanks in Advance Sir.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Hi Raine,

Congrats for your build.

I need some help related to incomplete build.

Specification :

Gigabyte Z370N-HD3P
i3-8100 8th Generation

Need your help on below points.

1. Z370N - HD3P installation step would be same as yours?
2. You installed clover via installation steps or just replace EFI folder of hackintosher's EFI Link with modification as mentioned above?
3. I am facing issue with flickering screen, while mojave boots with front audio 3.5 jack working with crackling sound. back 3.5 audio jack working awesome. Any help on 2 items?
4. After you have update to 10.14.1, these setting were previously present ? or was override?

Need your suggestions on 4 points.

Thanks in Advance Sir.
1. Should be close to the same method, but not exact as you're not using the exact same motherboard. You'll have to look around for other builds with the HD3P for any specific tips.

2. During the "VI. Mojave USB Installer w/Clover Bootloader" section of my build, I installed CloverConfigurator to my MacBook Pro, then used it to open the EFI folder on the USB installer to make the necessary modifications.

3a. I am not having any "flicker" issues but I am also using an i5 processor; I think with an i3 you have to do the FrameBuffer injection; search the Internet for "Coffee Lake UHD 630 FrameBuffer Injection" for more info.

3b. All of my audio ports (front/rear) are working perfectly. Use this Hackintosher Guide to make sure you have the right kexts in place:

For ALC1220 audio (which your motherboard has) you can try injecting number 11, 1 , 2 , 5 , or 7; For reference I have mine set at 11.

4. After 10.14.1 update everything was still in place and my Hackintosh booted up normal, used the computer for a week doing daily things until I noticed/discovered that there was some connection issues with certain USB 3.0/USB-C ports. I just had to make one modification my config.plist (post #11 above) and that issue was resolved.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
UPDATE: More small tweaking, I used an app called ThemeEngine to change my "About This Mac" image from the default Mojave to my own custom image =)

Custom "About This Mac" image

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Asrock b360 gaming k4
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Geforce 1050Ti
Hi, it happened to me and I thought it was some problem, researching I noticed that your test is the same, cinebench is showing 3/6 colors / threads, can you tell me if it is a bug? I was very annoyed by this.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N-HD3P
CPU
I3-8100 | 8th Generation
GPU
Intel UHD 630
1. Should be close to the same method, but not exact as you're not using the exact same motherboard. You'll have to look around for other builds with the HD3P for any specific tips.

2. During the "VI. Mojave USB Installer w/Clover Bootloader" section of my build, I installed CloverConfigurator to my MacBook Pro, then used it to open the EFI folder on the USB installer to make the necessary modifications.

3a. I am not having any "flicker" issues but I am also using an i5 processor; I think with an i3 you have to do the FrameBuffer injection; search the Internet for "Coffee Lake UHD 630 FrameBuffer Injection" for more info.

3b. All of my audio ports (front/rear) are working perfectly. Use this Hackintosher Guide to make sure you have the right kexts in place:

For ALC1220 audio (which your motherboard has) you can try injecting number 11, 1 , 2 , 5 , or 7; For reference I have mine set at 11.

4. After 10.14.1 update everything was still in place and my Hackintosh booted up normal, used the computer for a week doing daily things until I noticed/discovered that there was some connection issues with certain USB 3.0/USB-C ports. I just had to make one modification my config.plist (post #11 above) and that issue was resolved.

Thanks man for detail information. Here update from my side.

- Tried your vanilla approach. Quite impressed with your approach. Below event occur for me.
- Downloaded Mojave on my Hackintosh.
- Format my USB and transfer Mojave via installer as mentioned above.
- Downloaded Hackintosher thread pre-built EFI folder with changes in config file + kext folder part from your side.
- Installation of Hackintosh occur properly.
- Issue resolved :
**Front / Back audio port started working without any crackling sound.
**UHD 630 with 1586 MB Graphic enabled.
**No other testing performed, will update further but below issue i came across.

- PINK screen , when i boot to hackintosh screen. Tried below method but no luch.
**Remove kext which not essential in my case. But no progress.
**Still pink desktop screen used to come.

- Removed EFI folder with Hackintosher EFI with some modification for Z370 HD3P audio layout-id.
**Sound started working.
**PINK screen vanish when i used to logged in to hackintosh desktop.
**UHD 630 graphics working with hardware acceleration. Tried with benchmark results.

-- Issue still present.

**During initial boot time, PINK screen splash comes sometime, before password logged status screen.

Why PINK screen comes sometime, during booting period any knowledge ?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Hi, it happened to me and I thought it was some problem, researching I noticed that your test is the same, cinebench is showing 3/6 colors / threads, can you tell me if it is a bug? I was very annoyed by this.
Why is it annoying? You're using on-board graphics, it has limitations.

Thanks man for detail information. Here update from my side.

- Tried your vanilla approach. Quite impressed with your approach. Below event occur for me.
- Downloaded Mojave on my Hackintosh.
- Format my USB and transfer Mojave via installer as mentioned above.
- Downloaded Hackintosher thread pre-built EFI folder with changes in config file + kext folder part from your side.
- Installation of Hackintosh occur properly.
- Issue resolved :
**Front / Back audio port started working without any crackling sound.
**UHD 630 with 1586 MB Graphic enabled.
**No other testing performed, will update further but below issue i came across.

- PINK screen , when i boot to hackintosh screen. Tried below method but no luch.
**Remove kext which not essential in my case. But no progress.
**Still pink desktop screen used to come.

- Removed EFI folder with Hackintosher EFI with some modification for Z370 HD3P audio layout-id.
**Sound started working.
**PINK screen vanish when i used to logged in to hackintosh desktop.
**UHD 630 graphics working with hardware acceleration. Tried with benchmark results.

-- Issue still present.

**During initial boot time, PINK screen splash comes sometime, before password logged status screen.

Why PINK screen comes sometime, during booting period any knowledge ?
Considering that you said the "pink screen" happens sometime but not all the time, for me the first thing I'd try for that kind of symptom is a different video cable.

macOS
Mobo
Z370N WIFI
CPU
I5 8400
GPU
UHD 630
Could you help me? A forbidden symbol (circle with slash) appears before the progress bar load completely. I follow yours steps and bios setting.. Do you have any solution to this problem?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Intel UHD 630 4k + MDP
Could you help me? A forbidden symbol (circle with slash) appears before the progress bar load completely. I follow yours steps and bios setting.. Do you have any solution to this problem?
It depends on what items you're using.

1. USB Flash drive: Are you using a USB 3.0 or USB-C flash drive? If so, try making an installer using a USB 2.0 flash drive instead.

2. USB Port: Try a different USB port, if possible use a USB 2.0 port that's directly attached to the motherboard (not front panel). If your mobo has only USB 3.0 or USB-C ports, try using a USB to USB-C adapter, or a USB 2.0 hub to "slow it down" to USB 2.0 speeds.

macOS
Mobo
Z370N WIFI
CPU
I5 8400
GPU
UHD 630
It depends on what items you're using.

1. USB Flash drive: Are you using a USB 3.0 or USB-C flash drive? If so, try making an installer using a USB 2.0 flash drive instead.

2. USB Port: Try a different USB port, if possible use a USB 2.0 port that's directly attached to the motherboard (not front panel). If your mobo has only USB 3.0 or USB-C ports, try using a USB to USB-C adapter, or a USB 2.0 hub to "slow it down" to USB 2.0 speeds.
I didn't realized that my flash drive is 3.0. I'm gonna try with other.

Did you use a 2.0 flash drive at a rear USB port?

Thank you for your help.