macOS
Mobo
dell e6540
CPU
4800mq i7
GPU
intel hd 4600
hello good day. for the past 3 days i've been trying to fix and patch
the graphics on my surface pro 3 running mojave.

when i finally got some succes. with the help of a friend

it turns out it runs fine with first party apps.

but with 3rd party apps like chrome the bottom half of the screen wil keep glitching

aswel i've noticed that the brightness does not adjust. until i either

try to sleep (which it wont) or change the resolution.

after doing so

the brightness slider works as intended. (this happens after every reboot)

the 2nd problem ( not sure if its graphics related) the battery icon is slow to update.

if i unplug the power it takes 10 to 30 seconds before it wil show unplugged. and when i plug it back in it can take even longer to show the plugged in status (brightness does increase and decrease the moment the icon is updated)

besides those 2. everything else appear to be running fine. i stil need to fix audio a bit.

the full model of my surface pro 3 unit is as follows

it is a core i5 4300u with intel hd 4400 graphics with 4gb of ram and a 128gb ssd. it has a 1440p screen. and so far

the os wil end up being installed on a 128gb micro sd card til i get a bigger ssd. (i tested and it worked absolutely fine. besides still needing to figure where to put the bootloader out)

attached i have screenshots of the glitching effect. aswel as the current clover folder that allows the operation of graphics.

sadly i have noticed after boot testing it today that the graphics and audio suddenly stopped functioning. that might have happened during testing. so at the moment i wil try to run catalina on it using the same config.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
dell e6540
CPU
4800mq i7
GPU
intel hd 4600
after more testing i am unable to boot catalina. or anything else. so i'll stick to mojave. i updated some of the kexts to the latest version (specifically lilu and whatever green) but no results