System Clock issue, UAD Apollo demo count -1day everytime I reboot

macOS
Mobo
Asus X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Intel 6950x OC at 4ghz
GPU
Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Liquid Cooled
I do not know what is going on, I have a dual boot system with Mac OS and Windows and every-time I reboot my computer on either windows or OSX my NFRs licenses show one less day...I have changed my CMOS battery because I thought this was the issues, but still the same. My bios is set to UTC time, time is displayed correctly in both OSX and windows. Version is Mac OSX 10.14.6 and windows is the latest version available. I have also fixed the registery in Windows to have windows set to UTC like OSX

UA Support says this: "There are a number of things that can speed up the demo (NFR) counts which generally relate to inconsistencies in the system clock. It could be things such as booting into different operating systems, manual changes to system clock, dead cmos battery on the Motherboard of your computer (which is tied to changes to system clock), Electrical/wiring problems within your computer, Booting into different operating systems, and among other less common things, overloading DSP"

I have included my clover config.plist

I have an ASUS Deluxe ii x99 with msr unlocked bios 2101
6950x OC @ 4GHz
64gb ram
Sapphire vega 64
GB Alpine Ridge TB Card
UA Apollo Twin x
UA PCIE UAD 2 Duo

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Z370 Prime A
CPU
i7 8086K
GPU
RX 580
I think I know the issue with your machine. The clock on Windows / Mac OS are both running differently from the BIOS clock because of the time zone thing. Atleast I guess that's what it does.

macOS
Mobo
Asus X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Intel 6950x OC at 4ghz
GPU
I think I know the issue with your machine. The clock on Windows / Mac OS are both running differently from the BIOS clock because of the time zone thing. Atleast I guess that's what it does.
Well from my understanding the bios clock should be set to utc, OS X time offset the time based on the bios time being set to UTC. Windows However by default is set to GMT and has to be switch to UTC with a registry entry so it reads the bios clock the same way OS X doea
did all that and it does not fix the issue.

im starting to think I may have motherboard issues.

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@bsteeve to be honest with the fixes you have already applied it sounds more like a Software issue than an issue with either OS. Sounds like Apollo are deflecting blame.

However, as you have synced how Windows deals with time, you might want to have a look at this process to stop macOS automatically changing the time, which may help. Here is a page with a walk-through showing how to set this in the Mac side of your Hack - https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/how-to-fix-date-and-time-high-sierra-bug/

I believe this was used to help with a time date bug in High Sierra, hopefully it will help in this situation.

macOS
Mobo
Asus X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Intel 6950x OC at 4ghz
GPU
@bsteeve to be honest with the fixes you have already applied it sounds more like a Software issue than an issue with either OS. Sounds like Apollo are deflecting blame.

However, as you have synced how Windows deals with time, you might want to have a look at this process to stop macOS automatically changing the time, which may help. Here is a page with a walk-through showing how to set this in the Mac side of your Hack - https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/how-to-fix-date-and-time-high-sierra-bug/

I believe this was used to help with a time date bug in High Sierra, hopefully it will help in this situation.
Thanks for chiming in on this. Yes I have tried the fix you mentioned, but that does not seem to fix the issue... I'll see what Universal Audio support will come back with.

The thing that makes me think I may be having motherboard issue is that I have been having a lot of trouble with my setup recently... it's 5 years old now and since updating to Mojave a month ago and I have some weird issues such as can't set my RAM to XMP 3200Mhz profile in the bios anymore without getting the intermittent won't post issue... and when my ram is set to XMP and it boots fine, it will freeze my computer in the middle of a zoom meeting at random.. but only in zoom... and it would also freeze my computer on the screensaver with 3 screen connected, but only 3 screens, 2 was fine. With XMP turned off in Bios and clover all the issues disapear.... so now XMP is off and ram is at default 2133Mhz. I tested my ram several time with memtest, reseated the ram, tested ram one stick at the time... no issues... about 6 month before that my 4.2ghz overclock on my 6950x CPU started to become unstable and I had to set it back to 4Ghz instead.

So I'm not sure what the culprit is, motherboard, power supply or RAM, or all of it...? This does not explain the UAD demo issue but this may well contribute to it

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You re-flashed your bios recently, yes? Not upgraded but an identical bios flashed to clear any debris/old settings.

You might also want to look at Clearing the NVRAM, I recently learnt that pressing F11 while the macOS Drive or any drive is highlighted on the Clover boot screen will reset/clear the NVRAM. Sometimes old boot arguments and other obsolete items can be copied to the NVRAM and still get used, even though the boot argument list and config.plist don't show the item(s) as being present never mind enabled.

Was the Overclock issue heat related? Has the CPU thermal paste dried out? Is it in need of renewal?

I tend to renew the thermal paste on my systems every three years. As I know from old that the paste, no matter how expensive or good the reviews, will eventually dry out and lose its ability to pass the heat to the cooler. I do this for my dGPU's as well, as they can suffer from the same issues.

My iMac1 system is about due for the thermal paste to be renewed, its starting to show higher temps when undertaking standard work loads.

Have you run any stress tests on your motherboard, to see if anything untoward is happening?

macOS
Mobo
Asus X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Intel 6950x OC at 4ghz
GPU
You re-flashed your bios recently, yes? Not upgraded but an identical bios flashed to clear any debris/old settings.

You might also want to look at Clearing the NVRAM, I recently learnt that pressing F11 while the macOS Drive or any drive is highlighted on the Clover boot screen will reset/clear the NVRAM. Sometimes old boot arguments and other obsolete items can be copied to the NVRAM and still get used, even though the boot argument list and config.plist don't show the item(s) as being present never mind enabled.

Was the Overclock issue heat related? Has the CPU thermal paste dried out? Is it in need of renewal?

I tend to renew the thermal paste on my systems every three years. As I know from old that the paste, no matter how expensive or good the reviews, will eventually dry out and lose its ability to pass the heat to the cooler. I do this for my dGPU's as well, as they can suffer from the same issues.

My iMac1 system is about due for the thermal paste to be renewed, its starting to show higher temps when undertaking standard work loads.

Have you run any stress tests on your motherboard, to see if anything untoward is happening?
I have not re-flashed the bios, so I might give this a go but the thermal paste has been changed about 6 months ago and I have also changed the waterblock on the CPU. I'm using an EK Predator 240 Watercooler with a brand New EK CPU Waterblock and new pipes as well.

I have cleared the NVRAM in Clover with f11 when I was troubleshooting all my zoom freeze issues.
I have tested my overclock with Prime95 with no issues, max temp peak at 75 degrees in Prime and average around 60 degrees. I was able in the past to run 4.2Ghz OC at 1.23v, but now I'm settled @ 4Ghz at 1.2v otherwise I get crashes when stress testing using Cinebench in OSX. I'm not to bothered by the CPU OC, but the ram giving me issues with the XMP profile is a worry. I'm also using RAM that is approved by ASUS... All the ram timing are correct and as per manufacturer specs.

How do you stress test the motherboard? I know how to stress test CPU, RAM and GPU but no the motherboard per say.

macOS
Mobo
Asus X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Intel 6950x OC at 4ghz
GPU
UPDATE:

I know what the culprit is but not solutions yet.

The demo issues only happens when I have the Apollo Twin X and the UAD DUO PCIe card connected at the same time. With the PCI card unplugged the demo bug is gone, I can reboot my computer all day long the demo count remains the same but the opposite is not true, with the PCIe card connected and the Apollo Twin disconnected the bug remains