Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
Hi all
firstly thank you
i followed your guides in many things , but still my experience is not well so that i want your help in many things :

- Trackpad doesn't work
- A loud sound of fan in different tasks
- Drain of battery (almost 1 hr and some times indicator doesn't change the status)
and if nVidia GPU disabled that would be great for battery !
- Sometimes the laptop restarting suddenly or screen stopped and i have to restart

please help if i need to ad or remove thing

ideapad L340-15IWL Catalina 19A583
i7 8565U
UHD 620

My EFI Folder:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=58627508166872594541

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What patches have you applied to the DSDT in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

Why do you have another DSDT in your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder? It does nothing in that folder.

From my quick inspection of the DSDT in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched fodler it is apparent that you need to apply a Battery patch to the DSDT for your battery to work under macOS. There is a Lenovo IdealPad battery patch in Rehabman's Laptop DSDT repository, which may work. It may need tweaking to get the patch to work.

I have added the 'ACPIBatteryManager.kext' to the revised /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder I have attached. It may help with some of the Battery issues you are facing.

You have the VoodooPS2Controller and the pair of VoodooI2C kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. So your trackpad not working as expected may be due to one of two issues. The first being your USB ports not being set correctly.

You need to create a custom SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for your USB ports. The mXHCD.kext I have added to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder may help if your laptop has an Asmedia USB controller as well as the normal Intel USB controller.

There is an alternative Trackpad kext to the VoodoPS2Controller.kext - ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, which I have added to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder attached. Booting with the ApplePS2 kext in place of the VoodooPS2 kext may give you a better Trackpad. If it doesn't improve things, you can find the VoodooPS2Controller.kext in a new folder I created, /CLOVER/kexts/off.

The kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder appear to be a right mismatch from different guides. You have alot of kexts that you probably don't need.

Do you know what make your Ethernet/Lan port uses, Atheros, Realtek, Intel or Broadcom?

Do you know which WiFi/BT card you have installed, Atheros, Broadcom, Intel or Realtek?

There a few questions you need to answer before you can sort your CLOVER folder out to work at its best.

I have added ther following three SSDT's to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • SSDT-DDGPU - to disable your Nvidia GPU
  • SSDT-PNLF - to help with your display
  • SSDT-XOSI - to help macOS better recognise your system
I have made a nunber of changes to your config.plist.

Try the revised CLOVER folder in place of your current one, maybe try booting from a USB stick with this CLOVER folder.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
thank you sir for you work but iam sorry to say that it does not work
when i try to boot it STUCK on *******************************
no thing else just stars

Why do you have another DSDT in your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder? It does nothing in that folder.
it was a mistake

and about kext files i did not find any additional kexts in others

iam trying now to download them and try again maybe it could make difference

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK that is an issue that occurs when the wrong Aptio or OsxAptio driver is used.

There are a few different drivers you can use, the CLOVER folder I provided had the AptioMemoryFix.efi drive. That will need to be removed/deleted and replaced with one of these drivers:
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
I have attached a copy of the three alternative drivers. Go through the list one at a time and see which driver works for your system.

Do not have two of these drivers in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder at the same time or you will cause other issues.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
hi sir
i want to thank you a lot for many things ,first of them your time for me
second for fixing battery

first when i used your folder i faced the STUCK problem
but i follow your instruction and downloaded kexts plus your patches files in my older clover folder then the battery is now better than before noticeably ,and thank you again for this

but the main two problems now are :
*Trackpad
*HDMI

i placed ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext instead of voodoo kexts but when i try to boot the laptop reboots so i delete it
and this is the folder now :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07146226129446061589

and this the official driver for touchpad for this laptop in lenovo website :

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...r-list/component?name=Mouse, Pen and Keyboard

i hope help sir ,and thank you again and again

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That link confirms your Trackpad is an ELAN unit. Not a Synaptics, which tend to be more common.

I have read about some other people with Lenovo Idealpad 330 systems with the same ELAN trackpad and they used a combination of kexts to get the trackpad and keyboard working.
  1. VoodoPS2Controller.kext for the keyboard.
  2. VoodooI2C.kext & VoodooI2CHID.kext for the trackpad, with a couple of config.plist patches for the I2C components.
The HDMI side should work with AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

I have found a guide for a Lenovo IdealPad 330, which as far as I can tell has a lot of the same components your IdealPad 340 uses - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-ideapad-330s-15ikb-i7-8550u-mojave-10-14-4.276120/

I ahve reviewed a lot of the kexts, drivers and config.plist form that guide and amalgamated some of the entries etc. into the revised CLOVER folder I have attached for you to try.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Which patch(es) are you looking to apply to your DSDT? You should be aware that the more patches you apply, the larger the risk the DSDT will not compile or not work as intended.

I should have said you need to have Lilu.kext installed alongside AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. As AppleALC and WhateverGreen are 'Plugin' kexts that don't work without Lilu.kext. The latest versions of the three kexts are attached below.

A guide for an Acer laptop will not give you what you need.

There will be too many things different in the bios and other aspects of the two machines for the /EFI/CLOVER folder to work with your Lenovo.

This should be especially noted regarding patched SSDT's or a patched DSDT. Taking a patched DSDT or SSDT from a system that is not identical to your Lenovo, and running the same bios as your laptop is never going to work correctly.

So if you have added any SSDT's or a DSDT from a 'Similar' machine, that is not identical and running the same bios version as your laptop, you need to remove them immediately.

The exception to this is SSDT-XOSI.aml, SSDT-PLNF.aml (from WhateverGreen.kext folder) these two, plus an SSDT-XUSB.aml can be used as they are fairly generic. An SSDT-UIAC.aml would need to be customised for your specific laptop.

DSDT/SSDT Patching process:
  1. The DSDT& SSDT's for your laptop would need to be extracted from your laptop ACPI.
  2. They would then need to be disassembled, (saved to .dsl format) using terminal app and Rehabman's guide.
  3. The disassembled DSDT and if necessary SSDT's could then be Patched for your laptop's needs.
  4. The patched DSDT.dsl or SSDT-xxxx.dsl would need to compile without any errors.
  5. Before they could be saved to ACPI Machine Language binary format (.aml).
If the is not the case then the DSDT and SSDT's you are using should be deleted immediately.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo ideapad l340
CPU
Intel core i7 8565U
GPU
UHD 620
there are my files in ACPI
and i copied your kext to others folder

there are not from other machines

could you patch these file to make trackpad and HDMI work for me sir ?!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The files you attached are the patched DSDT and SSDT's. They are no use to me.

You need to provide me with a set of your unchanged/unpatched ACPI files.

They ACPI files need to be extracted while you are on your Clover boot screen. You need to press 'F4' or 'Function+F4' to extract the files. Clover will not show that anything is happening, so just wait 30 seconds before you press any other buttons.

The Extracted ACPI files will be saved in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on your macOS drive. You need to mount the EFI partition and copy the Origin folder to your desktop. Then zip the folder and attach it here.

I will have a look at your ACPI files and see what I can do regarding trackpad and HDMI. I am not promising anything, as it is much harder to get this right when you do not have the system to hand.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I will have a look at this tomorrow.