macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Hello,
This is now my third successful Hackintosh but my first laptop. I have everything working except FaceTime, iMessage and the trackpad. I don't really care about the iSuite but I would like the trackpad to work. I have tried all the kexts shown in the Opencore guides (as this is what I am using) and I have even tried some from the Clover guides. Nothing seems to work, in fact some remove the use of the keyboard. I have attached my EFI folder and the latest verbose. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Which make/model laptop? Which make/model Trackpad? Windows Device Manager should confirm the Trackpad details, if you have a Windows drive for the Laptop.

It will likely be USB connected not Bluetooth, so it will never show in the Trackpad System Preferences. It is more likely to show as a mouse and under the USB section in System Information.

Some trackpads only provide basic mouse actions in macOS. Some others work as expected. You don't know which camp your Trackpad falls in to until you try hacking the system.

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Which make/model laptop? Which make/model Trackpad? Windows Device Manager should confirm the Trackpad details, if you have a Windows drive for the Laptop.

It will likely be USB connected not Bluetooth, so it will never show in the Trackpad System Preferences. It is more likely to show as a mouse and under the USB section in System Information.

Some trackpads only provide basic mouse actions in macOS. Some others work as expected. You don't know which camp your Trackpad falls in to until you try hacking the system.
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I forgot to include this info in my first post.

Which make/model laptop? HP 14-CF0018ca
Which make/model Trackpad? Not sure

Windows Device Manager should confirm the Trackpad details, if you have a Windows drive for the Laptop.

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Thanks, I had a look and the HP support site say it is an Elan Trackpad. The VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext will not work with this trackpad, as you have already discovered.

The standard VoodooPS2Controller.kext only provides basic mouse actions with Elan Trackpads.

I have attached an alternative kext that has been modified for an Elan Trackpad. Remove the other kexts and you might want to look at using SSDT-GPIO.aml again, maybe in conjunction with SSDT-OSXI.aml. Add the Elan VoodooPS2 kext and add an entry for the kext to our OC config.plist. See what happens.

Here is the link to the developer's Github page - https://github.com/BAndysc/VoodooPS2.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Doesn't seem to work, what exactly does that mean? Does it work with basic mouse functions only?

Does the Trackpad show up in System Preferences as a Trackpad or Mouse, or are both preference panes void of any settings?

Can you post a screenshot of your Hackintool - PCI Device page, so I can see the Ven/Dev ID for your devices, specifically the Trackpad

Can you also post a copy of your IOReg, as this might shed light on what needs to be done to get the Trackpad to act as a Trackpad and not with just basic mouse functions.